The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Previously owned car you're most fond of ...

cered

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had my Alfa written off so had to find stop gap whilst I waited for the insurance - this was a naughty choice which gave me the most heat I've had off any car I've owned

[ATTACH]207732[/ATTACH]

But it was awesome (and rusty) 325i sport with the Alpina alloys

(Google pic, not my actual car but identical)

• 2 weeks later...

I have a soft spot for my 2nd supra I had when I was 17. It was a manual shell, was building it until my 3rd came along, I was also 17 and purchased a complete na auto with a snapped crank shaft. My parents were getting divorced and when the new houses and all went through I was given a choice, I had to get rid of one and was given 3 days to get rid of it or scrap it. I chose to keep the complete na auto and sold the shell to a old breaker in those days in Daventry, Jezz. I still remember the day it turned the corner on his trailer with that black rear bumper.

Recently someone on the fb supra parts page saw my name and asked if i used to own such a Supra! And its still around as a shell 8 years on. Jezz sold it onto someone who still has it. And I'm pestering the owner to sell it back to me as I want to finish it as I planned as I'm in a secure position now.

Here she is..or was. I really want to own it again, icing on the cake is...my name is on the V5 as the previous owner and that stupidly means a lot as id want a copy of it if I were to own it again. Told my mum and dad about it and weirdly they were kind of touched about it, my mum dosent mind if I bring it back to our new place either! :blink:

God I had SUCH fun on those warm summer days piddling about with it:(

Renault 5 Turbo 2 (the mid engined homologation special) that I totally nut and bolt restored, but it was so mint I rarely used it. Sold for £15K now worth about £45K... Hmm

My late mother's Aston DB5 automatic. bought in 1971 for £1200, sold in 1972 for a similar price so she could buy a new MKIII Cortina 2 litre GXL 2 door. Sold for scrap in about 1980. The DB5 would be about 120K plus now.... Hmmm

My 1970 Bentley with full history and 32K miles. Bought for about 10K in around 1995 I think. Lovely car, although I did have this unquenchable desire to see just how far sideways I could get it and keep a straight face when people stared. Probably not worth much more now, luckily I sold it before I found out how far "too sideways" was...

My in the shed RHD to LHD converted Volvo 244 with 330 BHP. It was a lonely car, because no one would come out in it twice. Even barges like Volvo 240's didn't weigh that much, back in those days. Probably like a 450 BHP Supra. So much fun in it, for so little money, as I had to do everything myself, being impoverished. Taught me a lot about turbo engines, suspension and how little friends really thought of my abilities at the wheel. Stripping it bare taught me that the cheapest performance comes from putting stuff that's not totally vital in the bin.

Best moment was doing a tyre smoking start on the main road outside a busy rolling road centre in Blackpool, driving round the corner, putting my 72 year old mother in the driving seat and getting her to drive into the garage and ask them to put it on the rollers as she thought it was down on power. She was good at staying po faced and came back an hour later with a 330 BHP print out and the offer of marriage from the dyno operator. God bless `er...