The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Japshow Finale Santa Pod Sunday 11th October

Shane

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What tyres are you running and what was your 60ft. I was only 0.2 slower an Im NA.

Have to say, didnt get chance to speak to you, but your car looked lovely

Thanks:d Spoiler paint messed up like 1 day before the show though so that was annoying...

Don't have the slip with me at the moment but it was awful. Currently got nangkangs on and find they have no grip. Didn't get how the lighting system worked on the first run so kinda over throttled it and just floated for ages, 2nd run I tried launching @ 4k RPM and it just floated aswell and last run I launched like a grandad and got the 15.2 :(. Think I need better tyres...

Thanks:d Spoiler paint messed up like 1 day before the show though so that was annoying...

Don't have the slip with me at the moment but it was awful. Currently got nangkangs on and find they have no grip. Didn't get how the lighting system worked on the first run so kinda over throttled it and just floated for ages, 2nd run I tried launching @ 4k RPM and it just floated aswell and last run I launched like a grandad and got the 15.2 :(. Think I need better tyres...

Are you running a manual?

It just takes practise dude, dont beat yourself up too much. Tyres do make a difference but i ran Kumhos on mine, absolutely shocking! I'm looking for a set of drags next!

Are you running a manual?

It just takes practise dude, dont beat yourself up too much. Tyres do make a difference but i ran Kumhos on mine, absolutely shocking! I'm looking for a set of drags next!

yeah running manual, I've heard the 6sp are pants for drag cause of the short 1st and 2nd gears?

Those tyres will be playing a big part in that, my best time was launching at 6k, little bit of spin but then she hooked up. Also look at getting the geo done, will make a difference.

Just for the record guys, I have written to the person concerned at SP explaining that the pitch was more suited for 18-20 cars and that we struggled. The reply was simply thanking me for the feedback. No explanation was offered or promise that future bookings would be different.

Just for the record guys, I have written to the person concerned at SP explaining that the pitch was more suited for 18-20 cars and that we struggled. The reply was simply thanking me for the feedback. No explanation was offered or promise that future bookings would be different.

:thumbs: To be honest we could have easily parked three deep across the whole stand could we not? I was fairly happy, even though its always nicer to have more space.

Like to thanks those of you who shuffled the cars around when we came back to park up. Appreciated it, and thanks to you Shane for organising the whole stand.

yeah running manual, I've heard the 6sp are pants for drag cause of the short 1st and 2nd gears?

I was standing right bye the start line for one of your runs. you had wheel spin staIght off the line. then it looked like your trac control kicked in and you went nowear fast. :(

The dish on the rx7's rear wheels looked really nice. Was surprised it only had 265s on the back but still quite stretched

Yeah they're only 10.5j rears but think 0 offset and biggest available dish (disc) size...

2 personal favourites of the show for me

Gorgeous 240z running a supercharged BMW lump

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii125/bergofski/Untitled_HDbR2.jpg

add heywood RX7, been toying the idea of getting one for ages and this has made the urge even bigger

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii125/bergofski/Untitled_HDR2gg.jpg

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii125/bergofski/Untitled_HDR2hj.jpg

Cheers mate :thumbs: pretty pleased with how its looking now, just got some carbon goodies to add to the front coming soon ;)

That's a very nice arse... :D

My boss said he saw a couple of silver Supras on the M1 on Saturday and described one as having a larger spoiler than others, showed him this thread and he said instantly "that's the one". He would have been in a very new BMW and he and his teenage lad were looking over at you.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...