The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Japshow Finale Santa Pod Sunday 11th October

Shane

Thanks for the great turnout today guys. The pitch we had was meant to be for 25 cars but they must have measured it for 25 Micras as 18 cars pretty much filled it without parking on top of each other. Will mention it to Santa Pod next time we book. But great to fill it this time, puts us in good stead for future bookings.

Edited by Shane (see edit history)

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the great turnout today guys. The pitch we had was meant to be for 25 cars but they must have measured it for 25 Micras as it 18 cars pretty much filled it without parking on top of each other. Will mention it to Santa Pod next time we book. But great to fill it this time, puts us in good stead for future bookings.

Funnily enough, Micra club had one of the most spacious stands!

thanks for organising, I was pretty tired, 6am start and a 3 hour journey. Shame about the stand, it was tiny, I had to park next to them fugly vans, why on earth would anyone want to see those vans is beyond me, they had a bigger plot than us! I think Santpod keep screwing us over yet we go back... :/

Yeah I've never really understood why we always have a small section - maybe they think we are too awesome and rare. But then I'm an optimist... :D

I am not sure we have had a small section previously? Last year at the finale we had plenty of room but struggled to fill it. Santa Pod get a bit funny about it and want you to commit to a certain amount of tickets per stand size now. I committed to 25 cars and that was the space allocated to us. I could lie and say we will have 50 cars turn up, but then when we don't it makes us look silly the next time we request a plot. Its a bit of a juggling act tbh, and understandably not too many people want to commit early on and pay up for a ticket well in advance for Santa Pod events, but then its difficult to make a firm commitment re the size of stand we want. But, I will speak to them re the size of yesterday's stand as it was a struggle, but better than using the public car park that's for sure.