The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Applecross Invasion 2015 (21/08-23/08) loading....99%

SPG

+1 for the arch rolling. Think tony recomended a place. Funky power or somewhere. I'll try and look it up. Although I think the prices have went up since he went in.

Arch rolling meet? :)

Planet Performance in Drybridge did mine. Think it's £30 a side. I ended up getting a little bit trimmed off mine.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Planet Performance in Drybridge did mine. Think it's £30 a side. I ended up getting a little bit trimmed off mine.

Cool cheers Tony, if I ring them I'll be starting by quoting your price ;)

Serious? Well they quoted me £200 to do the Supra....told them to ram it

I did hear they put the prices up a bit.

I wonder if there is a back up plan if they are now expensive.

Where did you get yours done instead Westy?

This is all really coming together Marcus!

I can see some good photos coming out of this weekend!

P.s. arch rolling meet would be nice! :)

It is yeah- you up for a dook in the fairy pools? There is a crowd of us jumping on now! :)

Is anyone needing the room in our tent?

Waiting on word from Supra UFO mate. He's been quiet on the thread so wondering if he managed to get booked up for sat night in a b&b.

I am assuming there is space for all of us camping in the tents or do we need our own ?

Yes mate there is space for us all. We have use of an 8 man tent and there are 8 of us camping (not including two in the overspill 10 man tent. It'll be like the hotel in the shining for those two in there! Helooooo!! ... Echo...echo....echo... :)

Tony- £25 a side- was that front and back left side £25, front and back right side £25? When did you get it done bud?

Gordy- when I ask I will ask about you me and SPG. Are we all needing front and back done?

When logistically through a typical week would you be available to get the work done? Being that you are working a fair distance away

I am available all of this week and all of next week. Then it's only the week before Applecross that I'm available. If not don't worry I'll get mine done whenever, but would really like to free up my spare room of 4 alloys haha

Cool, well ill get onto it this week. In fact maybe we should both try and find a place and share our findings incase one of us gets a better result. I need it done before applecross or ill need to run my stock 17"s. the new tyres are wider and are rubbing on bumps.

I also waiting to get the car back but should have an update in a couple of days.

For the benefit of anyone who missed the Facebook group chat, we had a wee serious moment amongst all the excitement of the upcoming event. For those that didn't see it please read below.

We will do our best to keep the convoy together, it might actually be a good time to say that although we are all up for spirited driving when the conditions allow, We also don't want folk feeling under pressure to keep up. If the front of the convoy notice they are pulling away too far they should look to back off a bit.

Some things to be aware of up there is the roads can be twisty for a spell so only overtake when it is safe to do so. Don't blindly follow guy in front out without seeing the road ahead and be patient for the right chance. This is where the pressure to keep up comes in, have consideration for the group and that includes giving the guy in front some braking distance. The difference in brake set ups etc might see the car in front being able to stop a lot faster than you so give some safe distance in front of you.

If you are in trouble or need to pull over, flash the guy in front and we will try to stop the convoy.

Lastly, I know this stuff is teaching grown men to suck eggs, but just remember we are representing the club and we want to build relationships with locals and places we visit so when the trip expands people up there are happy to help us again.

This is going to be an epic trip, and last year those that did it will tell you we were all buzzing for about a week after it!

Cheers

For the benefit of anyone who missed the Facebook group chat, we had a wee serious moment amongst all the excitement of the upcoming event. For those that didn't see it please read below.

We will do our best to keep the convoy together, it might actually be a good time to say that although we are all up for spirited driving when the conditions allow, We also don't want folk feeling under pressure to keep up. If the front of the convoy notice they are pulling away too far they should look to back off a bit.

Some things to be aware of up there is the roads can be twisty for a spell so only overtake when it is safe to do so. Don't blindly follow guy in front out without seeing the road ahead and be patient for the right chance. This is where the pressure to keep up comes in, have consideration for the group and that includes giving the guy in front some braking distance. The difference in brake set ups etc might see the car in front being able to stop a lot faster than you so give some safe distance in front of you.

If you are in trouble or need to pull over, flash the guy in front and we will try to stop the convoy.

Lastly, I know this stuff is teaching grown men to suck eggs, but just remember we are representing the club and we want to build relationships with locals and places we visit so when the trip expands people up there are happy to help us again.

This is going to be an epic trip, and last year those that did it will tell you we were all buzzing for about a week after it!

Cheers

Nice post Mate. Hope you all have a blast.

Good post Marcus and I echo everything you say.

Those that know these roads know they can kill and do so every few weeks.

Events like this are fun and no willy waving needed (mines the smallest so don't even try and compete), plus there's some epic opportunites for photos which will blow out of the water anything the guys down south can muster :)

Really looking forward to this, again a big thanks to Marcus and Sunny for everything they've done to make this event what it is! :thumbs:

Spot on Marcus :thumbs:

Perhaps we should agree stopping points through each day's trip, so that those who prefer a sedate pace know where the group will be, if they lose sight of them.

In my experience with my other car club, the fastest get to the coffee stops only 5 minutes ahead of the slowest! If it is raining on the day of the trips,:blush: I'll be taking it fairly easy as I need new back tyres! :blush:

Cheers guys, and hopefully it will be dry like it mostly was last year.

Stop off points might be a good shout Graham, we will look into it.

Supra ufo thats a shame youve not got a b&b sorted. Have you tried looking a bit further out from where we are staying and possibly just drive to meet up in the pub on the sat night and on the sunday morning?

Apologies if this has already been discussed but what's the plans for scran and evening entertainment?

Are we bringing food to cook, BBQ, etc? Or are we planning on a pub dinner both nights? What about drink? Planning on hitting the pubs or having a few where we are staying etc? Wife likes to be REALLY organised so wants to know what the plans are.

We have a coolbox that we could be bringing so have the opportunity to bring food/drink if it's the route we are going down.

Apologies if this has already been discussed but what's the plans for scran and evening entertainment?

Are we bringing food to cook, BBQ, etc? Or are we planning on a pub dinner both nights? What about drink? Planning on hitting the pubs or having a few where we are staying etc? Wife likes to be REALLY organised so wants to know what the plans are.

We have a coolbox that we could be bringing so have the opportunity to bring food/drink if it's the route we are going down.

Scott Friday night the pub in dornie serves food and we ate there last time. On night 2 near the skyewalker hostel is a hotel where we will try and book a table (now you've made me realise it might be a good idea with a large group)

For breakfast for the camping dudes, it's a case of bring your own/ we will stop somewhere in the morning for breakfast.

For anyone who wishes to use the hostel facilities on sat night/ Sunday morning, there is a self catering kitchen we can use.

I was thinking of Chipping in and buying a loaf and bacon for the sat morning?

Last year I stuck a few beers in the car in case they were needed. As the mood might take us to have a few away from the pub.

As for BBQ it's a good idea but it might be quite impractical to cart about with us. Also I hope it's dry all weekend but if it's a wash out then it's a bit of a waste.

That cool?

Sounds good! Only downside to Scotland now is the new drink drive rules, but I doubt we will be smashing it in until 5am....

I'll probably pack a disposable bbq just in case, it's one of those things you wish you had when you don't bring one lol.

We can chat bacon sarnies over our food tomorrow (today even, it's 0130, I really should be in bed) and set a plan out.

Can't believe in 4 weeks time, we will be on the Isle of Skye, in the hostel, spooning for warmth right about now..... :D