Applecross Invasion 2015 (21/08-23/08) loading....99%

SPG

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Naz, are you working on the Monday? As you could crash at my place on Sunday if you wanted :thumbs:

cheers for the offer Sunny, Im trying not to book time off work, I have only got 7 days left between now and Jan next year and I havent been away this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Time for a bump of this thread!

So who's all coming!?!?! This is sure to be a cracking weekend and one for getting some epic photos of your pride and joy against some stunning backdrops! (2016 club calender entries if you know what I mean lol) ;)

Also been chatting with Marcus about something extra for this trip, all will be revealed if it goes ahead.... :)

Time for a bump of this thread!

So who's all coming!?!?! This is sure to be a cracking weekend and one for getting some epic photos of your pride and joy against some stunning backdrops! (2016 club calender entries if you know what I mean lol) ;)

Also been chatting with Marcus about something extra for this trip, all will be revealed if it goes ahead.... :)

Hookers and blow?

Sounds good Gordy :thumbs:

Taking payment from another member tomorrow. Remember the ticket hotline closes on 1st of July!

What do we think about items to take?

I've bought a dry powder fire extinguisher

Cable ties

Also taking a tool kit.

It's been suggested that it might be a good idea to take a full size alloy instead of the space saver.

If people are only taking the space saver- how many of you actually carry the right wheel nuts in the boot if you were to need to fit one?? :)

WOW! going to convince my mrs with this trip, if not ill leave her and come alone :)

Cool, bear in mind b&b's for the two of you may be now in short supply (if you weren't camping- and I'd guess if you were you would need a tent for you both instead of staying in the main one with all guys-/ using the hostel) as this is less than 2 months away now. You will have until 1/7/15 to decide and purchase tickets. Details on page 1 :thumbs:

Oh and "wow" is exactly what I said in the car out loud when I saw what was over the crest in that first turn in the video. It felt like the world was falling away in front of you if that makes sense. Also cursed myself that the go pro wasn't on.

Cool, bear in mind b&b's for the two of you may be now in short supply (if you weren't camping- and I'd guess if you were you would need a tent for you both instead of staying in the main one with all guys-/ using the hostel) as this is less than 2 months away now. You will have until 1/7/15 to decide and purchase tickets. Details on page 1 :thumbs:

Oh and "wow" is exactly what I said in the car out loud when I saw what was over the crest in that first turn in the video. It felt like the world was falling away in front of you if that makes sense. Also cursed myself that the go pro wasn't on.

Cheers ill ensure they are booked before then.

I've gone through the B&Bs from the first post and all are fully booked. We tried for a Jedi hut but found all of the dorms etc booked out. Has everyone that's going managed accommodation OK?

We still want to go but we're struggling with how we're going to manage it. We have a tent and are happy to camp but it's an extremely large 12-man 3-bedroom tent lol. I guess it's ideal if other people wanted to use the "rooms" though :)

Any alternative recommendations would be great, I dare say I could suck it and see with local B&Bs but I would rather try and co-ordinate with other members if I could.

Scott, glad to see you're making it along :) will it be just the 2 of you?

I'll get back to you about the tent once I speak to the campsite.

If you let me know how many there are and who's going on the boat trip (if at all) I'll work out what you owe and book you onto the ferry and trip :thumbs:

Heidthebaw paid, platinum ticket.

Attendee list updated on post #5

Marcus, I'll fire a payment over to you today at some point. Was chatting with my +1 last night and discussing the plan etc.

On a side note I managed to trash my drone last night in a high altitude fly past mega fail, but may upgrade before Applecross to a proper big boys toy for some epic GoPro footage :)

Marcus, I'll fire a payment over to you today at some point. Was chatting with my +1 last night and discussing the plan etc.

On a side note I managed to trash my drone last night in a high altitude fly past mega fail, but may upgrade before Applecross to a proper big boys toy for some epic GoPro footage :)

No probs Gordy :thumbs:

Oh dear, sounds expensive ;(

On the plus side yeah DJI Phantom 2! Do it do it! :)