The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Applecross Invasion 2015 (21/08-23/08) loading....99%

SPG

Sounds good! I'm guessing there will be plenty time for photo ops with the cars etc :D

Yep, plenty. Off the bat thee is the assent on the road to Applecross- it's very dramatic, the car park overlooking Ellen Dornie castle, the car park on the road into sky where there is a large car park in a 360o view of paradise. Plus countless others.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep, plenty. Off the bat thee is the assent on the road to Applecross- it's very dramatic, the car park overlooking Ellen Dornie castle, the car park on the road into sky where there is a large car park in a 360o view of paradise. Plus countless others.

Sweet, looking forward to this loads! :thumbs:

Looking like one he'll of a big orgy now. Might need more than one tub of swarfega

I heard you're into dry docking now anyhow? ;)

As for equipment to take I think we should list car and personal stuff so if there is anything someone hasn't thought of it might highlight it.

Personal:

Roll mat

Sleeping bag

Towel/ shower stuff

Swimming stuff (fairy pools)

I might buy a wet suit- seen them in aldi!

Waterproof jacket

Walking boots

Torch

Car phone charger

Car:

Tyre compressor

Cable ties

Dry powder extinguisher

1 or 2 litres of engine oil

Oem wheel nuts for spare wheel

(Debating wether to take a full size alloy)

Ratchet straps

Small tool kit

Breakdown cover

Car to do list:

Front and rear arches rolled

New fuel filter

Wash and clay

Polish and wax

Clear out and clean interior

Get chip in windscreen repaired

Mot

Check fluid levels and top up if needed.

Purchase Toyota 4life from a dealership

Wish list

Fit iridium spark plugs and boost controller

To complete BPU

Anyone else?

Guest jn.shaw

This is going to be a great trip. Can't wait, got the Friday off work so just need to look forward to it now. I will be taking my gopro and dslr camera

This is going to be a great trip. Can't wait, got the Friday off work so just need to look forward to it now. I will be taking my gopro and dslr camera

Nice one, we should have at least 3 cameras then cause Gordy is bringing 2 go pros. If I can manage it I fancy getting one too.

Yeah I'm gonna bring both GoPro's, 2 car mounts, a selfie stick, maybe my dslr depending on room in the car and maybe.....just maybe a new drone if I get one.... ;)

I so want you to get a go pro friendly drone. Think of the swooping shots you could get. Flying over the cars and away to focus on the mountains of glencoe. Or Ariel shot of supras taking a hairpin on Applecross :)

I so want you to get a go pro friendly drone. Think of the swooping shots you could get. Flying over the cars and away to focus on the mountains of glencoe. Or Ariel shot of supras taking a hairpin on Applecross :)

I know, it would make for some epic footage and a great video!

I'll see how impulsive I am in the next few weeks lol ;)

Soooo... That escalated quickly.

[ATTACH]202799[/ATTACH]

Took her out for her maiden flight last night and wow am I impressed! So easy to fly and very stable.

Should make for some epic 'Supras in convoy driving through stunning scenery' arial video clips for the Applecross Invasion 2015 video! :)

So I took the new toy out again today for a video test on the 4k resolution on the Hero 4, though it turns out my computer is not happy with 4k playback, so I've downgraded the footage to 1080p. Very windy today as you can hear in the video and the drone was getting thrown about quite a bit but the Zenmuse gimbal has done its job and produced some good stabalised video. Watch in HD if you can!

Applecross just got a whole lot better! :D

Although I can't see the video on your post, having seen the video anyway it's got me excited about the potential shots now achievable with this.

We will need to think ahead about a few spots where we will want to stop and set it up. I've got a couple that come to mind straight away, glencoe carpark perhaps with the overlooking mountain (giants causeway is it) and the start of the road to Applecross. I'm sure you'll be spoiled for choice! :)

Having an overhaul of the braking system after I had a seized piston on a front calliper.

So they are being refurbed just now and will be refitted along with goodrich braided brake lines.

I also discovered an oil leak which I suspect is the front crank seal, which is being addressed.

Hopefully after the car has a clean bill of health I can see if I can finish full bpu in time for the trip.

How's everyone else's cars prepared for this?

Well...

I was going to do an oil change and haven't got round to it yet.

I was going to fit the RMM front lip, but I haven't got round to that yet.

I was also going to get the small bit of paintwork on the rear bumper touched up, but, yes you guessed it, I haven't got round to that yet either.

but....

I did buy that drone so that's gotta be a good thing lol :D

- MOT booked for Monday, not expecting anything to go wrong.

- Might change the Nur-SpecR for my HKS Ti.

- Full fluid change included diff and box (not done this since taking ownership)

- Could really do with getting the arches rolled.

- Install the new CW SMIC I just bought.

- Maybe install some H.I.D's

- Get the sound system sorted.

So that's the boat trip booked guys!

Booked for 8 people in the afternoon about 2ish so will be done by about 4 at a guess. The trip is an hour and a half.

I tried calling the other day and they were in the middle of what sounded like an emergency. I asked what happened in case it put me off booking with them. Turns out 2 Dutch girls had got out the car to get stuff from their boot without putting the hand brake on and it rolled back and rolled over into the water! Oops!!

She was excited to hear of the club visiting and said they recently had a classic car club visit from Germany that they enjoyed.

She also asked if it was ok to get a picture of the cars outside the place for their Facebook page :)

https://m.facebook.com/pages/Bella-Jane-Boat-Trips/330471607552

Looks a good trip. Hopefully it will be fun.