SPG

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

*!*!* POLO SHIRTS *!*!*

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, tiny miscalculation on the polos, due to the personalisation it's worked out at an extra £1.60 per polo. Not ground breaking costs, but still ones that we need to cover. If everyone could be as so kind to paypal the remaining over that would be grand, and once again I do apologise.

It will be all worth it once your wearing it in the Highlands, when its -6 degrees and peeing it down lol 😂

Cheers again and order has been confirmed and placed with the embroiderer. 👍

*note: (SPG and Marcus GTE have seen the order form / invoice, so don't worry, I'm not using your £1.60 or £3.20 as funding towards my single conversion lol)

Graham have you an idea of how we will get all the radios working together? Ie john was saying he has to program his radio on his PC before use to what frequency it will be on. If we have the information to share with everyone it might prevent issues on the trip.

Would it be an idea to use sonething that folk with less fancy radios can use too?

Graham have you an idea of how we will get all the radios working together? Ie john was saying he has to program his radio on his PC before use to what frequency it will be on. If we have the information to share with everyone it might prevent issues on the trip.

Would it be an idea to use sonething that folk with less fancy radios can use too?

We can program in pretty much any frequency on the public band. It depends on the radio type to what channel we should use but we should all be able to get on one no bother.

Wish I'd seen this before now! Looks like a cracking trip. Maybe next year...

I'm surprised you missed the thread Kev! Yeah keep a look out for next years trip :thumbs:

We can program in pretty much any frequency on the public band. It depends on the radio type to what channel we should use but we should all be able to get on one no bother.

Great, sounds good Scott

I was going to program them to mimic the PMR frequencies used by Motorola branded radios, I'll see how I get on when the programming lead arrives. On the bright side, my new Avons have arrived, now to get them fitted!

Sounds like you're all over it ;)

Nice one, hope you're happy with the new rubber :thumbs:

How's the car running other than needing new tyres?

Without jinxing things, it's doing fine! It happily coped with a 900+ mile trip to North Wales and back with only a hot rear caliper to note.

It's a great GT car, just wish fuel was cheaper!

Cool, sounds like it's running pretty sweet.

The supra really was built for roads that we are going to be visiting ....NEXT WEEK!! :ecstatic:

Guest jn.shaw

Ok guys yous are all talking about tyres so what's best for the price mid range can't afford to go crazy, I will say this, In fact I won't bother I will just say my tyres are the cheapest shit I could get because I needed them ASAP and to be honest I never thought I would be doing a trip like this.

Ok guys yous are all talking about tyres so what's best for the price mid range can't afford to go crazy, I will say this, In fact I won't bother I will just say my tyres are the cheapest shit I could get because I needed them ASAP and to be honest I never thought I would be doing a trip like this.

Falken are the absolute lowest I would run on a TT.

I doubt very much I'll buy new tyres again though, much better value in part worn pairs :)

Got myself 2x 6mm Pirelli P Zero Nero 275/30/19 for £150 delivered :)

Guest jn.shaw
Falken are the absolute lowest I would run on a TT.

I doubt very much I'll buy new tyres again though, much better value in part worn pairs :)

Got myself 2x 6mm Pirelli P Zero Nero 275/30/19 for £150 delivered :)

Where did you get them ? What's worse than falken ? I would say mines are, one way trip for me then lol. Al try go out in style and hopefully one of the go pros might catch it lol.

Got them on eBay, there's loads of pairs on there. You can get a bargain if you keep your eyes open.

Worse than Falken? Pretty much everything other than the main brands (Michelin, Toyo, Pirelli, Goodyear, etc). Wanli, nankangs, etc are all ditch finders. Good enough to pull you out of a tough spot, just don't expect much :)

What size tyres are you looking for?

http://www.camskill.co.uk & http://www.tyretraders.com are my first two ports of call for tyres

I bought 2 Avon ZZ3 265/35 18Ys for £206.50, but Camskills also have Uniroyal Rainsports and Falken FK453s at around £100 in that size

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m61b0s66p111668/Uniroyal_Tyres_Car_Uniroyal_RainSport3_Uniroyal_Rain_Sport_3_-_265_35_R18_97Y_XL_FR_TL_Fuel_Eff_%3A_C_Wet_Grip%3A_A_NoiseClass%3A_2_Noise%3A_73dB

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m61b0s66p97963/Falken_Tyres_Car_Falken_FK453_Azenis_Falken_FK_453_-_265_35_R18_97Y_XL_TL_Fuel_Eff_%3A_F_Wet_Grip%3A_B_NoiseClass%3A_2_Noise%3A_71dB

Guest jn.shaw

The embarrassing truth is that I have nankangs on just now. I need two at 245/30/19 and two at 275/30/19. Although am not sure if it would be better with 35 on the back ?

The embarrassing truth is that I have nankangs on just now. I need two at 245/30/19 and two at 275/30/19. Although am not sure if it would be better with 35 on the back ?

The Nankangs aren't that bad, do you need replacements through wear or just because you want better quality tyres?

If you are changing tyres, you may want to consider going 245/40X19 on the front and 275/35X19 on the back to match the rolling circumferences front and back and have a wider choice of tyres. At those sizes, you could get 4 Toyo T1 Sport @ £111 each for the front wheels and £140 each for the rear from Camskill.

To look at matching tyre size and rolling circumferences, use the tire bible tool - > http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_size_calculators.html

There is something worse than all that have been mentioned..... Nexen!!!

I had them all round when I bought the car and traction in the wet was not good at all.

Nexen 'ditch finders' they were affectionately named!

I recently put 2 x Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's on the rear, 265/35/18 for £230 from would you believe it of all places Kwik Fit!

You can't go wrong with some Avon or Toyo tyres or their off shoot brands like Cooper (same as Toyos but cheaper due to not making the cut for Toyo when produced - if you get what I mean)

Personally I'm always wary of part worn tyres after watching a video about how some people cut down well used and illegal tyres and make them look new again, I'll see if I can find it and post the link.

On a side note the Polo Shirts have been embroidered and are being posted out to me today!

One week to go guys! Can't wait!!! :)

Not been a fan of Ebay purchased tyres since purchasing a 'new' Michelin to replace a damaged one on my old KIA, to find when it arrived it was new and unused, but was 6 years old from the date code on the side!

I have Nankangs on the front of my old KIA, they are ok, grippy enough, even in the wet unless you go really mental! In the dry, they can be easily provoked to squeal by the 175 bhp V6, which is both embarrassing and entertaining at the same time! :D

Guest jn.shaw
The Nankangs aren't that bad, do you need replacements through wear or just because you want better quality tyres?

I haven't even done 100 miles with these tyres there all brand new, just don't know how well they will hold up on the trip.