Applecross Invasion 2015 (21/08-23/08) loading....99%

SPG

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did you use the frequencies I posted with the additional squelch channel? If so, they should all work just fine on channel one, including Gordy's.

Yes, although they now don't appear to talk to each other. I'll bring my netbook with the programming software and programming lead if there is a problem.

wish I was going :(

Get booked up early next year mate, the highlands are always booked up with American tourists at this time of year!

You can always look forward to the highlights vid ;)

So guys, early start at the xcape tomorrow then at the green welly. Scott, do you know where you think you might catch us up after dropping the kids at school? Thinking Eilean Donan castle for our lunch stop might be an idea? You'll know best.

The weather starts good and dry but the forecast is light showers on Saturday and heavy downpours on Sunday, so pack waterproofs incase there is a break in the weather in the Sunday morning to still manage the fairy pools.

There are a few last min jobs going on just now. Good luck with all the last min prep!

I need to ;

Having a chip in the windscreen from last years event repaired at work today

Need to pick up a loan of a sleeping bag that I just remembered!

Wipe gopro memory card and charge that and spare batteries.

Wash, clay and wax car. Prob won't have time to polish too.

Check tyre pressures

Check fluid levels

Pack the car with tent, cooker, clothes , car charging accessories for all the different electronics.

Look out waterproofs and Midgie net

Get an asda shop in

Know I'm forgetting something.

We're hoping to catch you's at the green wellie. We've got the big one into the breakfast club so we are dropping her off at 7.45. From there we're heading to Clydebank to drop the wee one off at the Mum in laws and then we're off :)

Hopefully won't be that far behind you.

We're hoping to catch you's at the green wellie. We've got the big one into the breakfast club so we are dropping her off at 7.45. From there we're heading to Clydebank to drop the wee one off at the Mum in laws and then we're off :)

Hopefully won't be that far behind you.

Not the way you drive

Spotted yous this morning not far from Cameron House, I gave you a little toot of the horn on my way passed (Audi A1). Cars were looking good, the Supra has so much presence - I want another one!!!

Have a good one

Black A1? I'm sure I remember it if that was you. You need back in one mate

In the Old Inn at Carbost, having a pint and something to eat where are you all? :)

Hi mate, sorry we lost touch- we got to our diggs at 8:30 and were refused to be served at the hotel next to the skywalker hostel.

Nobody has your number to tell you and I've only just found wifi.

Up to date situation is the guys are bringing a takeaway and beers back to the skywalker hostel so head round if you can!

Typical hospitality up here eh

Home now and on-line. What a brilliant weekend, we set off in rain but the weather further north was way better than I'd hoped we would get, I'm sun burnt after today's adventures.

Delighted with how the car performed and thoroughly enjoyed the driving today (even if I got nagged a lot about the speed!) Well done Marcus, great planning and another great Applecross & Skye trip.

Roll on next year!

As above, what an absolute corker of a weekend. Chazza said on the way home that she honestly thinks it was the best weekend of her life. I couldn't really pick out any highlights as I'd just end up recounting the entire 3 days.

What an absolutely smashing job by Marcus and the guys that helped out with organising all of this. I can imagine how much of a pain it was trying to get us to keep to the schedule but it was an absolutely amazing weekend. Still trying to take it all in.

I've got 500+ pictures to go through as well as a good few videos that I'll edit and put together (completely forgot to hand them to Gordy for the big vid when we stopped off).

The weather was magic, the roads and scenery were simply out of this world and the company was first class (other than Ross, everybody hates Ross).

I cannot wait till next year!

Thanks for the appreciation and kind words guys, I'm glad everyone seemed to really enjoy it and are still on a buzz from it :)

I really can't take the credit myself as it was a team effort between SPG, Gordy and myself. Talking months of late tight phone calls texts and meets all to plan how to put this trip together.

Being more than double the size of trip from last year, there were some new challenges to overcome to do with scaling and dealing with a bit more expectation from the organisers, but we totally smashed it and we couldn't have made it the trip it was without all of you staying positive and mostly keeping to tight shedules when we were tight on time. The effort was rewarded with some of the highlights of the trip that were non driving, and helped to bring a balance to being in the car for 3 days.

It didn't feel like we did 670 miles because the roads were so rewarding, and it's funny how used to the jaw dropping landscape around you up in the highlands.

Roll on next year!

Couple of points to make.

1. Gordy is still owed money from the takeaway on sat night. It was £170 so £17 per head. Could we all send him that as a gift via PayPal to [email protected] (also £1.60 if you haven't paid the extra that the polo shirts came in at)

2. Please leave a positive trip advisor review for the skyewalker hostel, as they are really going to help us out next year ;)