The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bailey's Silver Bullet Auto

Lee P

Looking good :cool: from just having a read through and a catch up on this project it looks like it's going to be a fun and entertaining car to drive :eyebrows: looking forward to the results after final mapping.

Just out of interest as I know most the big power guys will be reading this thread, how many people over the 550bhp figure still run there cars with the traction control on or leave it off?

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just out of interest as I know most the big power guys will be reading this thread, how many people over the 550bhp figure still run there cars with the traction control on or leave it off?

I don't use it, never have had it activated.

I don't use it, never have had it activated.

No traction control for me either.

This isn't our choice Matt, I much prefer the stock TC

John already had the gearbox and TC fitted

O right in that case John I would highly recommend you get Lee to put a stock tc back in , speaking form experience having 550 and high stall it could get very sketchy very quickly and unless you have cat like reactions your be facing the wrong way very quickly ,

Also although the traction control is amazing on the syvics I would not become reliant on it as its electronic and it only takes for something to fail and it not to kick in when you think it should and again you end up facing the wrong way ,

Nice build tho and im sure you guys are going to have great fun out there [emoji3] .

Edited by supra matt (see edit history)

Think John is already aware of this as he has been running the high stall for some time with the old turbo.

O right in that case John I would highly recommend you get Lee to put a stock tc back in , speaking form experience having 550 and high stall it could get very sketchy very quickly and unless you have cat like reactions your be facing the wrong way very quickly ,

Also although the traction control is amazing on the syvics I would not become reliant on it as its electronic and it only takes for something to fail and it not to quick in when you think it should and again you end up facing the wrong way ,

Nice build tho and im sure you guys are going to have great fun out there [emoji3] .

Also although the traction control is amazing on the syvics I would not become reliant on it as its electronic and it only takes for something to fail and it not to kick in when you think it should and again you end up facing the wrong way ,

The 3600rpm hi stall came with the Boostlogic box, and at the time we were keen to do some drag racing so the uprated hi stall seemed a good idea. To be fair we havent had any issues with running the hi stall, its been fine on the road and dont notice much difference from the stock converter. We will have to see what its like now, Lee says the power delivery with the hi stall is entertaining :D

Edited by Chris Bailey (see edit history)

The 3600rpm hi stall came with the Boostlogic box, and at the time we were keen to do some drag racing so the uprated hi stall seemed a good idea. To be fair we havent had any issues with running the hi stall, its been fine on the road and dont notice much difference from the stock converter. We will have to see what its like now, Lee says the power delivery with the hi stall is entertaining :D

Hi Chris are thats cool ya thats perfect for drag, but now you have changed the setup with better turbo and cams its going to be so much more aggressive if you hit kick down by mistake or even if you dont lol, as Lee said its interesting and thats not even mapped yet lol

Im sure you and your dad will have a great drive home once you pick it up [emoji2]

Hi Chris are thats cool ya thats perfect for drag, but now you have changed the setup with better turbo and cams its going to be so much more aggressive if you hit kick down by mistake or even if you dont lol, as Lee said its interesting and thats not even mapped yet lol

Im sure you and your dad will have a great drive home once you pick it up [emoji2]

I appreciate any advice given mate, If it does end up being too much of a handful. We might have to consider either using a less aggressive torque converter or convert back to stock if it will hold the power/torque :). Looking forward to the drive home and seeing what sort of animal she is!