Bailey's Silver Bullet Auto

Lee P

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Slightly off topic I know, but why do people place the BOV there? Isn't it better served much closer to the throttle body?

Cheap packaging, most kits came with pipework only up to either a SMIC or FMIC. My kit many years ago had the same setup but it was binned as I already had the HKS throttle body elbow with the SQSS fitting as in the pic ;)

Currently ID 1000's with a Walbro 455 pump

Cool. Guessing you're not gonna bother with a twin pump setup or fuel flex then as you're a bit restricted by the box?

Cool. Guessing you're not gonna bother with a twin pump setup or fuel flex then as you're a bit restricted by the box?

The walbro 450lph pump is good for 800bhp on a single pump, was going to go with fuel flex and run ethanol but decided against it. Will probably have that done when we change the inlet manifold. Not sure our ID1000's are capable for ethanol. Thats another reason why we didnt. The gearbox should take 700bhp, maybe more with 2x trans coolers.

Dean the box is not the limiting factor as it's a Boostlogic built box. The engine currently has ARP rods and bolts and Clevite bearings so not fully built so would not want to push it higher at present. Will be reviewing intake and fuelling when we do the next stage hopefully later in the year

The walbro 450lph pump is good for 800bhp on a single pump, was going to go with fuel flex and run ethanol but decided against it. Will probably have that done when we change the inlet manifold. Not sure our ID1000's are capable for ethanol. Thats another reason why we didnt. The gearbox should take 700bhp, maybe more with 2x trans coolers.

Boostlogic claim to have run 8s on that box mate, with coolers you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

I know the newest ones have the billet sprag don't they? Not sure what blew on James's though I think it's just pure luck sometimes as well as a good map. Mapping tech has moved forward since then.

Yeah im aware they updated them, think ours might be the uprated one. Its been okay for well over a year now *touch wood*

The single pump system will only do high 600s