The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Shawn's UK 3.4 V160 Single Ridox Widearch

ShawnPreece

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks scary too see the arches cut like that, no going back now :) looking forward to more updates.

haha I know its very mixed emotions atm as really happy its coming along but like you said it makes you feel nervous looking at the arches as they are now. Around another 2 weeks (mainly waiting on a carbon upper glovebox and carbon air diverters from whiffbitz) and the bulk of all the changes should be done so I can get some good pics then :) will just be minor mods after that.

I do like those wheels :), wounder what they would look like in chrome or hyper-silver. when do you get to put the new shoes on the supra?

Thanks :) I should be getting it back next weekend aslong as all goes to plan so the week after il be painting the callipers, fitting the wheels, fitting my LED rear lights, fitting my strut brace and engine dress up parts then doing my fibreglass enclosure for the boot and all I'm waiting on then is my carbon air diverters with my carbon upper glovebox from whiffbitz and she'll be done for now. Well until after summer anyway and will have a few more little plans for her next winter when she's off the road :D

Looking forward to seeing the kit on mate, are they riveting the rears on?

If you don't mind me asking what sort of money are you paying for it? Or if you've got a breakdown how much to just get the rears done?

Thanks mate :) nah they are bonding and blending the rears on so should look nice and smooth like they were on it from standard :)

Yeah sure il pm you now mate as not sure on club rules on posting prices of companies that do the same work as traders on here

was hoping to get the Supra back this weekend but its looking like next weekend now :( just been sorting out my plans for the finishing touches when she comes back.....

First Job will be to fit the gauge pod that iv had trimmed...

attachment.php?attachmentid=220990&stc=1&d=1500557638

Then fit the strut brace, polished fan surround, polished fuse box cover and polished relay box cover...

attachment.php?attachmentid=220991&stc=1&d=1500557638

attachment.php?attachmentid=220992&stc=1&d=1500557638

attachment.php?attachmentid=220993&stc=1&d=1500557638

Then will fit the OEM roof spoiler...

attachment.php?attachmentid=220994&stc=1&d=1500557638

Then the LED rear lights...

attachment.php?attachmentid=220995&stc=1&d=1500557666

paint the brake calipers after that...

attachment.php?attachmentid=220996&stc=1&d=1500557666

Fit the new wheels...

attachment.php?attachmentid=220997&stc=1&d=1500557666

Then the new Likwidart badges (without the horns)...

attachment.php?attachmentid=220998&stc=1&d=1500557666

Make the fibreglass enclosure for sound system in the boot...

attachment.php?attachmentid=220999&stc=1&d=1500557666

Add the 4 6x9's and the amp...

attachment.php?attachmentid=221000&stc=1&d=1500557674

Then just waiting on the Carbon upper glovebox and the Carbon air diverters to come from Whiffbitz and that will be done until next winter :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Edited by ShawnPreece (see edit history)

Looking good mate, personally I wouldn't bother with the OEM roof spoiler. The rear spoiler is more than enough ;)

Cheers mate :) I have to admit this is the one thing I am unsure on.... I will get someone to hold it in place when the cars back and see if I prefer it with or without :)

My Carbon upper glovebox lid has come......

attachment.php?attachmentid=221001&stc=1&d=1500557882

All im waiting on now is my LED rear lights that should be with me tomorrow and then its just the Carbon Air Diverters to come. All the rest is at home ready for a busy few days or maybe a week when I get the car back (should be this weekend) :)

1.jpg

Edited by ShawnPreece (see edit history)

Some very nice parts to go on I particularly like those rear lights.

Never been a fan of white wheels though however I'm interested in seeing how they'll look fitted.

Thanks mate :) yeah can't wait to get the rear lights on :) will post up pics as soon as I get the wheels on

What's the fitment like on the glovebox lid mate? Does it just bond to the OEM one?

Nah there are screws on the back of the lid to undo and the original cover will come off then you just screw this one in its place, not sure what the fitments like yet as I'm still waiting for the car back but looks like a very well made product so I'm confident it will be good

Unfortunately the car has been put back another week so I will only get it back on Sat 9th May now due to personal reason's of the guy who owns the garage, I wont share what his reason is but it is fully understandable so I have no problems with that at all. Just means I will have a rush on getting the finishing touches done before Japfest the weekend after on 16th May. That will be a busy week for me lol.