The mkiv Supra Owners Club

6Speed Aerotop Single Turbo Project Aurora (PICS!)

Hitbox Junkie

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
How are your brake lines mate? Assume if your fuel ones were that bad brakes will be similar?

I had to have all mine replaced too last year.

Yeah brake lines are bad to.

"Ok so with the breaking system

The calipers are all being rebuilt and painted black

New seals, pistons Ect

New rear brake lines as all corroded and failing

Front discs we have cleaned up a bit so should be fine. Will see once car is running.

needs new rear discs

Needs new pads all round

Master cylinder we are trying to rebuild, if we can't do that then will fit a abs 2 port one and adapt the lines."

I bet your just counting down the hours now until you can finally drive it!

/QUOTE]

Yeah cant wait but there is so much more to be done I get so stressed out over it only money side of things becuase i always am exspecting the worst as there been so many big bits that are not in a great condition. Its worse than starting with a shell i believe. If i was to do all of it again Id buy a NA Auto Aero Top and do bit by bit.

But too attached and financially sunk into it and its nice to get another Supra on the road again. Ive never heard it start, and I bought it 2 years ago :p So im stupidly excited to hear it for the first time when ever that will be, so you can imagine the excitment when I get to pick it up when ever that will be, will be sure to video myself doing that.

Looking great mate not long left now :)

Dont know I dont ask, Less than 6 months Id imagine.

• 2 weeks later...

I got so excited my puppy started barking at me.

Still a lot to do but it's the first time I've heard it run ever. I've heard other people's but something abut it being your own made hairs stand on end.

Lee and everyone at SRD I can't thank you enough honestly they are awesome.

More to come.

Edited by Hitbox Junkie (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Looking good mate, is it actually moving under its own steam now?

I think so. Just waiting on more updates eventually from Lee. I'm going up at the end of the month as need to sit in it. As think the seat rails are shot and it sits a little high as Lee can't fit with the roof on. But I'm a short as so I might be OK. I do want to get new rails.if they are shot but want to wait for that.

Seat rails are deff knackered and too high but I can just get in it

The cage makes it hard, you have to have the seat quite far forward or your head can easily hit the cage.

I think so. Just waiting on more updates eventually from Lee. I'm going up at the end of the month as need to sit in it. As think the seat rails are shot and it sits a little high as Lee can't fit with the roof on. But I'm a short as so I might be OK. I do want to get new rails.if they are shot but want to wait for that.