JackyBoi

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I filmed a few quick videos yesterday and today as the weather hasn't been great.

Here's one of the anti lag:

https://vimeo.com/131107645

And one of the launch control:

https://vimeo.com/131107717

Also bumped into my mechanic in his 600bhp rx-7 today!

https://vimeo.com/131107824

https://vimeo.com/131107855

I was planning to go to Santapod RWYB this Saturday but instead took the Supra to the garage to have the rest of the bodywork sorted out. Also look what has finally arrived!!

More updates to follow shortly :D

Sounds great mate, I love the antilag and launch control setting on the Syvecs.

Quick those RX7's arent they? I remember when I went out in a 550bhp one at a Bluewater meet. Such a savage machine! :D

Also the wheels look great, look forward to seeing some pictures of them fitted.

Wheels look awesome mate :)

Cheers dude :)

Sounds great mate, I love the antilag and launch control setting on the Syvecs.

Quick those RX7's arent they? I remember when I went out in a 550bhp one at a Bluewater meet. Such a savage machine! :D

Also the wheels look great, look forward to seeing some pictures of them fitted.

Yeah nothing beats a Syvecs purely because of the anti lag and launch control ;) and they are indeed savage. As you can see he got the hit on me, but there just wasn't enough power to compete against the Supra :D

And thanks dude, I can't wait to have them fitted and I'm sure I'll upload plenty of pictures :thumbs:

Quick update, got the skirts sprayed and test fitted. I'm surprised how well they fit considering how many fibreglass products tend to have bad fitment brand new. Anyway here's a quick picture:

Over the next two weeks I'm having the following done:

- Side skirts fitted

- Spats fitted

- AEM oil pressure gauge installed

- V160 gearbox oil swapped (2l)

- Carbon bonnet struts installed

- Tyres fitted to new wheels (I'm going for a 305 on the rear and a 255 up front)

- Wheels fitted to car :D

It's gonna be a fun few weeks! Will keep this thread updated :)

Good week so far - skirts are on for good now; the car looks so much better!!! :D

I really love how similar they look to Top Secret skirts, which were my first choice but simply couldn't find a set anywhere.

Also got my 305's in the post. I bought these second hand (for £60 + shipping might I add!) as I wanted to test traction with a 30 profile tyre, doing this so that when I am disappointed with the traction I can burn up the tyre and get a 35 profile. No point spending £150+ per tyre on a profile I wasn't sure about.

Bit worried about fitment after seeing them in person! Hopefully will get a front set sorted by next week :)

My single had a genuine Top Secret III kit. The bumper is probably the nicest aftermarket bumper for the Supra IMO, but the skirts and spats aren't as good. Your sideskirts look nicer IMO. What rear spats have you gone with?

Well I have a Veilside set I got for free sitting here, in need of some work though because they don't actually fit flush whatsoever. Contemplating some standard OEM style ones, or any else that go well with the rest of the kit

You on stock arches or wider?

Sure a 10.5j et30 with a 305 tyre is gonna fit? Lol

Im undecided whether to get a 295 on a 10j et35 as im worried about it not fitting lol

So I've been told... I know people who have a 295 on a 10j so there must be space for a 305 on a 10.5j. And they will be rolled and flared as necessary - I will make them fit!

You on stock arches or wider?

Sure a 10.5j et30 with a 305 tyre is gonna fit? Lol

Im undecided whether to get a 295 on a 10j et35 as im worried about it not fitting lol

I have run a 295 on that offset and it sat perfect , love the wheels jackyboi defiantly going to need a pull on the arch or camber pretty sure glanza mike runs the same size offset and width and he's running a 275

I have run a 295 on that offset and it sat perfect , love the wheels jackyboi defiantly going to need a pull on the arch or camber pretty sure glanza mike runs the same size offset and width and he's running a 275

Then you give me faith that a 305 will fit with enough persuasion ;)

Thanks dude, they were on offer so couldn't refuse. I've seen his setup it's a tight fit with the offsets. Luckily my mechanic knows some tips on getting huge wheels to fit under an arch so I'm not too worried..... Yet.

I was cleaning up my bay today ready for SantaPod this weekend and couldn't help but notice the smell of fuel. On closer inspection it was from the Fuelab FPR and so I took it to my mechanic so he could have a double check. We found that it was coming from the fuel pressure gauge which Whifbitz had supplied themselves (as in it was branded by Whifbitz.) When we removed it, the thread was wobbling a hell of a lot and it was leaking glycerine everywhere. So obviously it was completely knackered after 4 months of use and we swapped it out for a different one. Not so much a warning, but just a precaution to anyone who has or is getting one of these!

Not having much luck with this build mate, hope everything else is alright. It might be worth taking it somewhere to have it checked over??

Everything else *should* be fine, it was only when doing a final check over before SantaPod I noticed it.

- - - Updated - - -

srd :).

Funny you say that because I've been speaking to Lee about bringing it to his for a 'health' check-up kinda deal ;)