Branners

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

European Breakdown

If it's of interest I have just done my breakdown cover with the RAC and for their all singing and dancing 5star cover for the 3 days the cost was £31.47

This was for unlimited cost on repatriation to uk and the guy I spoke to understood the car and me were not leaving the continent at different times. So overall seems reasonable and if it is of interest the guy at RAC will do you all the same deal

His name is Danny 0800 151 0660 he also quoted his number as To 2180 if that means anything to you as it don't to me

I am John Bailey if you need to quote my name as referral.

Cheers

Anyone looking for cheap two way radios, Lidl have an offer on just now. I don't know the quality of them but surely they'll do for the trip....

http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-2491.htm?action=showDetail&id=22751

Great buy! Just picked a set up :)

Can everyone please buy the right walkie talkies for this years Dragonball, ones with sub channels. So we can all be on the correct channel 5 sub channel 5, like we were all previously on Japshow convoys and DB06 & 07. It cuts out all local radio chatter :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Burna (see edit history)

European Breakdown

If it's of interest I have just done my breakdown cover with the RAC and for their all singing and dancing 5star cover for the 3 days the cost was £31.47

This was for unlimited cost on repatriation to uk and the guy I spoke to understood the car and me were not leaving the continent at different times. So overall seems reasonable and if it is of interest the guy at RAC will do you all the same deal

His name is Danny 0800 151 0660 he also quoted his number as To 2180 if that means anything to you as it don't to me

Cheers

Now that sounds like a very good deal. Do I have to be a member of RAC?

Burna those walkies will they be alright for taking on db? As il be looking to get some for DB2 if it happens this year maybe :)

Yes mate, that's why I bought them lol

Any PMR radios with sub channels are perfect for the job, those ones from Lidl are a bargain.

Yes mate, that's why I bought them lol

Any PMR radios with sub channels are perfect for the job, those ones from Lidl are a bargain.

I completely forgot this offer was this week, just nipped down to the Lidl across from where I'm working and picked up the last set!

Total bargain!

European Breakdown

Cheers

Thanks John, I've just paid for the breakdown cover :) It was a little more than yours at £37.77, but apparently the age of your vehicle is down as the date it was first registered in the UK. Seems imports win over UK specs in this scenario! lol

Just a couple of things worth mentioning for members who are thinking about taking up this offer. The cost for repatriation of the car to UK is not unlimited, it is equal to the value of the vehicle. Also they will not guarantee that you will be travelling back the exact time as your car, but it will be going directly to the UK to a destination of your choice if not repairable, on the same day you are, or the next day.

I've also asked them to add the club to there list of approved clubs for future discount, a manager is emailing me within the next few days once it's been looked at.

Thanks John, I've just paid for the breakdown cover :) It was a little more than yours at £37.77, but apparently the age of your vehicle is down as the date it was first registered in the UK. Seems imports win over UK specs in this scenario! lol

Just done the same and it cost me the same too - peace of mind - have seen 4 cars trailered back over the years

I've got European breakdown cover through work thankfully.

I have it free with my classic car insurance, but it doesn't cover getting the car back the same time or next day as me like the RAC one. It would just be sent back to the UK once the next car transporter is full. Just check mate what exactly you are covered for :)

I have it free with my classic car insurance, but it doesn't cover getting the car back the same time or next day as me like the RAC one. It would just be sent back to the UK once the next car transporter is full. Just check mate what exactly you are covered for :)

Ah ok mate. I'll phone them tomorrow.

Thanks for the info.

Just done the same and it cost me the same too - peace of mind - have seen 4 cars trailered back over the years

I definitely recommend taking out the cover, saved myself a fortune when I got trailered back home in 2011

European Breakdown

Cheers

I can't believe how much its gone down - It used to cost about £80?

AA is coming out at £57 for members. RAC it is... not good enough Mr AA man!

Well...just off the phone to the RAC and they have quoted

£43.16 for their comprehensive cover

£34.58 for their standard cover

The girl confirmed that it's the date of first manufacturing and not the date of first registration in the UK....my 1A1 came up as a 2013 Supra!!!

I mentioned the cover through work and she told me to check exclusions for age restrictions on the vehicle! Low and behold it states that the vehicle must be less than 11 years old for European cover!!!

Thanks for the heads up folks...could have been an expensive oversight.:thumbs:

Just out of curiosity, does anyone ever use those headlight deflector thingys when across there?

I've stuck them on for Ring trips just to avoid being pulled, but the instructions were longer than your average book and I just threw them on anywhere and was probably blinding pilots passing over head!

Just out of curiosity, does anyone ever use those headlight deflector thingys when across there?

I've stuck them on for Ring trips just to avoid being pulled, but the instructions were longer than your average book and I just threw them on anywhere and was probably blinding pilots passing over head!

I have never used them and I think the majority of Dragonballers don't either. Come to think of it we have never driven in the dark on the last two trips.

Nope, never!!

Well...just off the phone to the RAC and they have quoted

£43.16 for their comprehensive cover

£34.58 for their standard cover

The girl confirmed that it's the date of first manufacturing and not the date of first registration in the UK....my 1A1 came up as a 2013 Supra!!!

I mentioned the cover through work and she told me to check exclusions for age restrictions on the vehicle! Low and behold it states that the vehicle must be less than 11 years old for European cover!!!

Thanks for the heads up folks...could have been an expensive oversight.:thumbs:

Did you not ask to speak to Danny? What was the justification for you having to pay more than us for the comprehensive cover?

I'm glad you checked the exclusions on your current cover, a lot of owners get caught out by that.

Don't worry about them mate, mine are still in the packet somewhere from Dragonball 06! lol