The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Run for the Border!!!

Fitz

Would be very interested in this. I make the trip the Aviemore (boat of garden) every year for a memorial golf weekend and it is a great drive. Also it would be great to play a famous course whilst we are there if anyone would be interested.

I also have a friend who owns a restaurant /tourist stop on the A9 north of Inverness on the inlet of the Cromarty firth. It's stunning and I'm sure they would love us to stop. Plenty of parking and good photo opportunities.

I worked for the Canonball run in Europe and the US so would be happy to help putting this together.

Someone also mentioned knock hill. What's the possibility of a track day?

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've posted a link to this thread in the Irish events section, if the plan was to head into Scotland up the West Coast it could work out well for any of the Irish guys wanting to tag along :)

Good idea

Well I'm guessing now matter where it is, as long as it's a great location and a few days, we should be able to get a great turn out of people from all over

What sort of dates are we looking at??

The Mrs parents live in Aberdeen so could tie this trip in with visiting them and kill 2 birds with 1 stone!

Although I'm hoping to have had a bit more work done to the supe before then as its still running on stock suspension after 20 years :(

i emailed SCS the end of last week to try find out if they have a rough date for the show next year but not heard anything back :( I would say end of june/start of july would be the best for the weather tbh and perfect for inbetween big events like DB and JAE. Hopefully with my next full weekend off work, me and Michael (sure he will be up for it :p ) will take a drive up the route i had originally posted a couple of pages back and see what its like/how it looks and etc.

Can everyone on the list (so far and from now on) let us know if its just going to be you coming or will you bring a +1, It makes it easier trying to sort out accommodation and etc

1) supraleeturbo

2) wattwatt

3) supragal

4) grasmt

5) Crock

6) Al Massey

7) Drift_bear +1

8) Benjy

9) Fitz

10) Tony TT

11) Heedthebaw

12) supra_ufo

I think we should make this a Thursday to Monday thing gives us southerners and chance to ready as it's going to take me 12 with stop to meet people to get up there

I agree with this thinking how far of a drive this is, I would be up for Thursday - Monday I work weekends anyway so if i'm taking leave I might aswell make a long weekend of it and it is one very long drive... :-)

1) supraleeturbo

2) wattwatt +1 (being such a long drive will need some company. So wifey will more then likely come & if not a friend will join)

3) supragal

4) grasmt

5) Crock

6) Al Massey

7) Drift_bear +1

8) Benjy

9) Fitz

10) Tony TT

11) Heedthebaw

12) supra_ufo

Just was thinking as my misses is asking about coming,

Are we wanting to make this a lads holiday or not as I'm not fussed either way but having a weekend away from my misses will do me good if I'm still with her that is lol

Doesn't bother me if you lot wanna take your supra WAGS lol, i will be asking my photographer friend to come along and get some decent shots and etc

Just was thinking as my misses is asking about coming,

Are we wanting to make this a lads holiday or not as I'm not fussed either way but having a weekend away from my misses will do me good if I'm still with her that is lol

Lol... I take it she doesn't read this then ;-) I'm happy ether way?

Dammmmm straight to be honest I'm going to say it's a lads only trip to her so she doesn't come hahahahahahaha

Feeling it... Although it needs to be a group decision because if I tell her lads only weekend when i get back she will want to check out pics and if theres loads of mrs's there she be like OH I SEE didn't want me there then... hahahaha

- - - Updated - - -

Erm, you know my name is on the list, right?

I was wondering :rolleyes:

1) supraleeturbo

2) wattwatt +1

3) supragal

4) grasmt

5) Crock

6) Al Massey +1

7) Drift_bear +1

8) Benjy

9) Fitz

10) Tony TT

11) Heedthebaw

12) supra_ufo

13) Westcoaster

I'll stick my name down, I'm not sure I'll be there till the bitter end in Edinburgh, but I'm up for the west coast part at any rate!

I have heard back from the organiser of SCS, so I know the official place and date of the event, now makes it easy to plan the end point for the trip :thumbs: once I speak to Michael (Grasmt) about the potential route, we will then take a "test run" over a weekend and report back ;)

Good work fellas

- - - Updated - - -

And ill get an email sent today at some point to a potential location thats centralised and also very reasonably priced.

I hope it's that beaver creek place with the jacuzzi