The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Run for the Border!!!

Fitz

Currently trying to work out a rough route using the 1 place as a main starting/finishing point each day, like DB does. I have a rough idea of a route we can do, so im trying to work it out with michael just now and get a route at least pencilled in :)

- - - Updated - - -

Me and kar pls

Malc, is ryan coming aswell or just you two?

1) supraleeturbo

2) wattwatt +1

3) supragal

4) grasmt

5) Crock

6) Al Massey +1

7) Drift_bear +1

8) Benjy

9) Fitz

10) Tony TT

11) Heedthebaw

12) supra_ufo

13) Westcoaster

14) Slam

15) Karen

Edited by drift_bear (see edit history)

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After speaking to michael, we have thought about using HERE as a starting/ending point for the weekend and makes it easier for people who are coming later to join us

Day 1 - Thursday

Everyone meeting at the one point and staying the night before setting off in the morning.

Day 2 - Friday (takes in the Cairngorms and plenty of picture spots and great roads - 232 miles)

Starting point - Loch Tay highland lodges

Pitlochry

Aviemore

Tomintoul

Ballater

Pitlochry

Finish point - Loch Tay highland lodges

Day 3 Saturday (Takes in the west coast and plenty of picture spots and great roads - 353 miles)

Fort William

Applecross

Aviemore

Finish point - Loch Tay highland lodge

Day 4 Sunday (For anyone that is wanting to attend the scottish car show in edinburgh and get a BIG club stand - 70 miles)

Finishing point - Royal highland centre, Ingliston, Edinburgh

**FOR ANYONE THAT IS INTERESTED IN THE SHOW, THIS WILL BE AN EARLY MORNING START, DUE TO NEEDING TO BE THERE FOR AROUND 8AM TO GET IN AND SET UP**

Just an FYI, I've done a check, and the nearest Petrol Station (Shell/Tesco) that does Super/Momentum is miles away.

Factor fuel into the routes.

The above was only a rough idea of what route we could take, once we get definite numbers then i can fine detail it and factor in fuel stops and etc

I've stayed at the Loch Tay lodges before. In fact, someone put a thread up in the spotted section....busted! :D

They were really nice and you can get some massive lodges that can sleep heaps of folk. Or even downsize to little wigwam things for just 2 people if you're with the bird and need some quiet time :sly: Petrol stations were a worry though as I was struggling to find a 99RON station anywhere.

Was a great starting point for us to blast up the West Coast. We took our time and stopped a few times for walks etc but the roads were just incredible. It's not far at all to the Skyfall road they used up Glencoe way.

I could also be up for this as a big weekend of driving and then hit up SCS. Will be a long trip to Edinburgh from there but worth it!

This is sounding amazing ;)

If be up for SCS looking through the pictures of this year it looks like a great show and would be cool to get a massive supra club stand setup :)

Considering the leaving on Thursday who on the list is based in/around Essex area? Just thinking could all meet at a central location and convoy up together?

Just an FYI, I've done a check, and the nearest Petrol Station (Shell/Tesco) that does Super/Momentum is miles away.

Factor fuel into the routes.

We were up in Applecross recently and Fort William was the last place that does Super Unleaded (BP). I had a full tank leaving Fort William and made it back the next day with half a tank after going to Applecross, Skye and back. The nearest Shell and Tesco stations are in Inverness and South of Fort William by the looks of things.

We could always arrange for someone to bring a support car loaded with fuel :D

So the list currently consists of

1) supraleeturbo

2) wattwatt +1

3) supragal

4) grasmt

5) Crock

6) Al Massey +1

7) Drift_bear +1

8) Benjy +1

9) Fitz

10) Tony TT

11) Heedthebaw

12) supra_ufo

13) Westcoaster

14) Slam

15) Karen

16) Eddie-S +1

I wonder how much people will actually go through with it and show up lol

We were up in Applecross recently and Fort William was the last place that does Super Unleaded (BP). I had a full tank leaving Fort William and made it back the next day with half a tank after going to Applecross, Skye and back. The nearest Shell and Tesco stations are in Inverness and South of Fort William by the looks of things.

We could always arrange for someone to bring a support car loaded with fuel :D

It looks like the will be some big jumps in sales for these petrol stations that weekend!