The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Run for the Border!!!

Fitz

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was just a rough idea of what to do JB, i will do a proper route once the holiday is out the way ;) are you coming along to this?

I would really like to do it, but the daily mileages would put me off a little so if they come down a lot I would be up for it.

We have learnt over the years of Dragonball that people get as much fun doing 150 miles as they do 300 miles, it keeps the petrol costs down, people are less tired for the evening entertainment and they get time to stop and look at the scenery.

I havent looked at the routes in a major way, but to cut down mileage I would potentially change the Thursday, Friday or Saturday hotel. Get as close to the Edinburgh car show as you can on the Saturday night so people can get up at a reasonable time on the Sunday, and maybe have the THursday hotel over towards the west coast, Friday is the lodges and Saturday close to Edinburgh. Not sure if that helps or just makes it more complicated, but it would be a great run no matter what.

• 2 months later...

Thought i would resurrect this thread and re-work the routes a little to take the mileage down and locate fuelling points and etc!! There is a BP 13miles away from the lodges at Loch Tay!

Day 1 - Thursday

Everyone meeting at the one point and staying the night before setting off in the morning.

Day 2 - Friday (takes in loch lomond and plenty of picture spots and great roads - 104 miles)

Starting point - Loch Tay highland lodges

• Balloch
  • Lunch stop on the banks of Loch Lomond

Finish point - Loch Tay highland lodges

Day 3 Saturday (Takes in the west coast and plenty of picture spots and great roads - 171 miles)

• Oban
  • Lunch stop (and fuel at the tesco)
  • Fort William
  • Rest break

Finish point - Loch Tay highland lodge

Day 4 Sunday (For anyone that is wanting to attend the scottish car show in edinburgh and get a BIG club stand - 70 miles)

Finishing point - Royal highland centre, Ingliston, Edinburgh

What's everyone's thoughts on the route now? Dates are 16th - 19th of July!

Are there any changes to the list of who's coming and etc...

1) supraleeturbo

2) wattwatt +1

3) supragal

4) grasmt

5) Crock

6) Al Massey +1

7) Drift_bear +1

8) Benjy +1

9) Fitz

10) Tony TT

11) Heedthebaw

12) supra_ufo

13) Westcoaster

14) Slam

15) Karen

16) Eddie-S +1

Edited by drift_bear (see edit history)

I'm going to have to say no to this one now, sorry for being a fail.

1) supraleeturbo

2) wattwatt +1

3)

4) grasmt

5) Crock

6) Al Massey +1

7) Drift_bear +1

8) Benjy +1

9) Fitz

10) Tony TT

11) Heedthebaw

12) supra_ufo

13) Westcoaster

14) Slam

15) Karen

16) Eddie-S +1

I'm going to have to say no to this one now, sorry for being a fail.

1) supraleeturbo

2) wattwatt +1

3)

4) grasmt

5) Crock

6) Al Massey +1

7) Drift_bear +1

8) Benjy +1

9) Fitz

10) Tony TT

11) Heedthebaw

12) supra_ufo

13) Westcoaster

14) Slam

15) Karen

16) Eddie-S +1

Booooooooo :p :p

• 5 weeks later...

Not sure if I'll be able to make this as I have Silverstone the same month and we'll have a new baby to look after, I'm definitely interested though.

Having a little look at the route it seems a bit of a shame to loop back and forth on day 2/3. Is there not a starting point around Loch Lomond itself? If so, that would mean the drive around Inveraray to Oban then around to Loch Tay..... no doubling back and keeps the mileage down a bit. Tricky if there's only really 1 starting point though.

I would definitely look at a loop over doubling back though. Remember Inveraray has a jail in case you want to drop anyone off there :D