The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mini Movie Review

Scott

^^^ Thats a shame, i've loved the whole hunger games series and been looking forward to seeing the new one but waiting for the blu-ray release :( Hopefully I'm not too disappointed.

I just downloaded and watched Solace a Anthony Hopkins and Colin Farrell new mystery serial type film, never heard of it before saw the trailer and thought would give it a go and a great choice to be honest. Kept me hooked all the way through a good few twisty moments keeping you guessing the outcome, great acting from Hopkins as always.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Watched 'Everest' last night, based on the mid 90s disaster where several people died over a couple of days due to freak storms, and poor planning.

Brilliant film, the visuals (as you would hope) are absolutely outstanding, and all of the actors excel in their roles.

Well worth watching and I'll be watching again some time this week.

Watched 'The Man From U.N.C.L.E last night. It's a spy film based on the series from the 60's.

I have to say it's a brilliant film, miles better than the disappointment that was spectre.

This film has a lot of character, some good laughs, action and good choice of actor. Henry cavil is brilliant in his character, reminds me of James Bonds of old. Better than Daniel Craig by a large margin.

The opening scenes are brilliant with the whole Cold War theme set in when the Berlin Wall went up.

Recommend it to anyone who likes the good James Bonds!

Watched concussion tonight and thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought Will Smith did really well with the part and although it took a bit of getting used to his accent was really well done.

It's a little worrying how corrupt the US is being portrayed right now. The worry for me isn't how corrupt it is, but how corrupt it is and gets away with it.

Just back from seeing Deadpool with a few of the Scottish members and it was brilliant. Everything that you would expect given the trailers etc so if you don't like the look of it you definitely won't enjoy it. Cheesy lines, in-jokes, breaking the 4th wall kinda stuff. Some great lines in it and right up Ryan Renolds street.

Plot is wafer thin but that's already laid out for you in the starting credits. The film is what it is and it makes no bones about it, good old fashioned scoop the brain out entertainment.

Some great films to watch back-to-back:

1. Margin Call

2. The Big Short

3. Too Big to Fail

All the above centre around the 2008 housing/mortgage/financial meltdown with 3 different angles - all superb.

Then watch Cowspiracy - this will make you want to drive your car more without a care in the world!

Just back from seeing Deadpool with a few of the Scottish members and it was brilliant. Everything that you would expect given the trailers etc so if you don't like the look of it you definitely won't enjoy it. Cheesy lines, in-jokes, breaking the 4th wall kinda stuff. Some great lines in it and right up Ryan Renolds street.

Plot is wafer thin but that's already laid out for you in the starting credits. The film is what it is and it makes no bones about it, good old fashioned scoop the brain out entertainment.

Watched this on Friday

Been waiting years for a proper deadpool movie

Absolutely loved it

And a cracking end credits scene

Tried to watch the latest Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon (Sword of Destiny or something like that). I turned it off absolutely bored stiff. I'm more disappointed that the original has now been tainted with a cheap spin-off, I'm even more gutted as I love every Donnie Yen film and this one is a stinker for me. Not sure how IMDB users have came about 6.4 but I wouldn't even give it a 2.

Awful, awful movie. Please don't waste your time, especially if you're at all a fan of the original.

Watched 'Everest' last night, based on the mid 90s disaster where several people died over a couple of days due to freak storms, and poor planning.

Brilliant film, the visuals (as you would hope) are absolutely outstanding, and all of the actors excel in their roles.

Well worth watching and I'll be watching again some time this week.

I got bored, worth watching all the way through?

I watched it till that old bloke (who left his mrs at home) was walking the ladder and slipped...

Watched Outlander, excellent movie

About a bloke from another planet crash landing on earth in the viking era, he has an alien (more of a beast) on board with him that killed his family (a story behind this)

Anyway gets captured by the vikings, this beast is creating havok and wars between 2 factions (they are unaware of the beasts presence) When they are, they go out to hunt it.

I got bored, worth watching all the way through?

I watched it till that old bloke (who left his mrs at home) was walking the ladder and slipped...

I'd say yes mate, mainly for the visuals and because it's based on a true story, some of the stuff that happens later on is pretty incredible.

Proper reboot?!?

I read somewhere that after the all female cast one there is going to be another made with the original characters. I believe it's set for 2018 but I was half cut when I read it, never mind it being over a year ago lol.

Edit: I believe it was this....

http://www.themarysue.com/who-will-think-of-the-ghostmen/

Turns out it's 2017.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished The Big Short. Thoroughly enjoyed this movie, it's frightening that it happened in the way it did but lets be honest.... it's not surprising. The world revolves around corruption and the little guy takes the hit.

Amazing cast, very well produced and the acting was fantastic throughout. Would highly recommend it but it's an intellectual film, so I wouldn't recommend scooping the brain out or chatting through it :D

Just finished The Big Short. Thoroughly enjoyed this movie, it's frightening that it happened in the way it did but lets be honest.... it's not surprising. The world revolves around corruption and the little guy takes the hit.

Amazing cast, very well produced and the acting was fantastic throughout. Would highly recommend it but it's an intellectual film, so I wouldn't recommend scooping the brain out or chatting through it :D

Now watch Too Big to Fail and see it from the other side too - another great film.

Margin Call is also another good film along the same lines.

Anyone going to see 10 Cloverfield lane? Kermode seemed to give it an ok review today.

Seen a few reviews and a couple of mates have seen it, supposed to be very good.

Not for me though, I was expecting/hoping for it to be something different than what I've read.

So on a whim I went to see the batman v superman last night at midnight as the double showing with man of steel first had spaces. I have to say it's a mixed bag with this film. Honestly Ben Affleck isn't a bad batman, but Jesse eisenburg is a terrible Alexander Luthor, thankfully not playing Lex Luthor.

I won't spoil anything because it's a great film in some ways, the action parts they nail, but you don't see any for the first hour and a half really. The story is a bit weak like they've tried to squeeze too much into one film and miss out on fleshing out the main characters in the main story. Kind of like they rush a lot of aspects.

Go see it yourself and see what you think is The best bet, I definitely think they deserve another chance at making a DC film and see where it goes.

Anyone going to see 10 Cloverfield lane? Kermode seemed to give it an ok review today.

Went to see this last night. Psychological thriller that I enjoyed and I'm terrible with jump scares :D

I was getting slightly bored during some parts but they managed to pick up again. Keeps you guessing throughout and John Goodman was excellent. I'd recommend going to see it at the cinemas as the audio was epic at times