The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mini Movie Review

Scott

Just finishing off the 2014 version of Godzilla again. This movie took a lot of bad press but I don't see it at all. I thoroughly enjoyed this flick. It reminds me so much of the original point of the Godzilla story. He's the MAN, he's the counterbalance of nature when things become un-natural. The only SLIGHT downfall is there's a bit of charm missing from the amazing effects that they use. I still finish this movie wanting to shake the big guys hand to say thank you. Brilliant entertainment.

PS.... 3D on this movie is amazing. Very subtle, no in your face stupidity. It also needs full choke on the volume control. What an experience, just watched it in 3D with the cans plugged in at eardrum bursting levels, brilliant!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoyed it very much too, the 3d was definitely just the right amount in the cinema.

Gareth Edwards has been impressively so far in his (short) career as a director. Looking forward to the Godzilla sequel.

Forgot to mention totally unrelated - reviews for Legend (story of the Kray twins) have been really good. Think that might be my next film at the cinema.

I knew absolutely nothing about it (Legend) until someone posted a clip on facebook. If the cast is anything to go by, it's going to be one to watch!

BTW, Godzilla better not die..... ever, in any remake I watch or I will not be pleased. Killed the earlier franchise for me. Godzilla Jr my arse!

San Andreas!! Really enjoyed it... For a disaster movie I liked it.. Though the stunt choreographer was a numpty... Unrealistic to the extreme (irrespective of the fact the whole west coast America has collapsed) - you can't dip a heli into a cravass and "hold" whilst you tie yourself to a car. Or drive a rib dinghy at full pelt through toughened glass of a skyscraper.... And not catapult yourself through to the other side/bounce off/impale yourself.... Ha ha ha actually entertaining just for the stupid stunts..

San Andreas!! Really enjoyed it... For a disaster movie I liked it.. Though the stunt choreographer was a numpty... Unrealistic to the extreme (irrespective of the fact the whole west coast America has collapsed) - you can't dip a heli into a cravass and "hold" whilst you tie yourself to a car. Or drive a rib dinghy at full pelt through toughened glass of a skyscraper.... And not catapult yourself through to the other side/bounce off/impale yourself.... Ha ha ha actually entertaining just for the stupid stunts..

Watched this tonight and as you say, it was all massively over-dramatised. I enjoyed it though. It's a film with the Rock in it so I treated it as such and found it quite entertaining. It was all extremely cliché but that's exactly what I expected. It's pretty much the day after tomorrow with an Earthquake :)

• 2 weeks later...
100 Movies to Uptown Funk!!

The timing on this is excellent! Tip my hat!

Or

(Can someone sort the link out properly as they won't play and embed the video to the thread for me)

So can we do this?? Come on of course we can! Fit you answer

I'll start us off

Bill and Ted?

Beetle juice!

Are you suggesting we pick 100 flicks to make a tune to? Or did I miss something? :D

No no. If the link doesn't work - Google "100 movies to uptown funk" someone's already cut it and it's really very good. Very quick screen shots of 100 films I reckon at least I know 60%

Ahh, so you want to name them? Yeah I watched it, thought it was brilliant. I don't think there were any I didn't recognise but I'm definitely not admitting to have seen them all :D

Not positive on 1, footloose?

2 - Rocky 3?

3 - Sister Act 2

4 - Kickboxer

5 - Not sure, Spinal Tap?

6 - Not sure, Love Actually or Notting Hill or one of them.

7 - Napoleon Dynamite

8 - Risky Business

9 - Bean

10 - Naked Gun 2

11 - A night at the roxbury

12 - Despicable Me

13 - Bruce Almighty

14 - Tropical Thunder

15 - Saturday Night fever

18 - Back to the Future 3

19 - No idea

20 - No idea

That's enough for a start :D

Not positive on 1, footloose?

2 - Rocky 3?

3 - Sister Act 2

4 - Kickboxer

5 - Not sure, Spinal Tap?

6 - Love Actually

7 - Napoleon Dynamite

8 - Risky Business

9 - Bean

10 - Naked Gun 2

11 - A night at the roxbury

12 - Despicable Me

13 - Bruce Almighty

14 - Tropical Thunder

15 - Saturday Night fever

18 - Back to the Future 3

19 -

20 -

21 - 13 going on 30

22 - Shawn of the dead

23 Sister act 2 (again)

24 Starskey and hutch

25 Big

26 the Blues Brothers

27 Aladdin?

29 Hitch

30 Sister act 2 (again)

31 Zoolander

32 Saturday night fever ??

34 American Pie the wedding

35 west side story??

36 west side story??

37 school of rock

38 Charlie Chaplin film lol

40 spider man 3

41 no idea

42 don't mess with the zohan

43 Magic Mike

45 wolf of wall street

46 pulp fiction

48 nutty professor

49 beetlejuice

50 the full monty

52 American pie

Straight Outta Compton - Top marks on this film, absolutely loved it. The track throughout took me right back to the early 90s when this stuff was breaking out over here. I was really into my basketball at the time and it just kinda went hand in hand with the music. If you know any history at all of Gangster Rap/Hip Hop, this is where it all began. Thoroughly enjoyed it :)

Straight Outta Compton - Top marks on this film, absolutely loved it. The track throughout took me right back to the early 90s when this stuff was breaking out over here. I was really into my basketball at the time and it just kinda went hand in hand with the music. If you know any history at all of Gangster Rap/Hip Hop, this is where it all began. Thoroughly enjoyed it :)

Looking forward to seeing that in the next few weeks, it's my music scene too. Although I'm not sure about how they've left out all the times they beat the crap out of their groupies & girlfriends at the time but there you are.

Watched an Australian sci-fi called Infini last night. Absolutely terrible, avoid.

Watched a coupled the last few days.

Terminator Genisys.. I enjoyed it, i've always liked the Terminator series apart from 3. Not a terrible story line, could have had more though.

Predestination.. One of my favourite films so far this year, awesome, original story makes you think wtf.

2001 a space odyssey.. I've never actually seen this, i though i'd take a look at what all the hype was about.. Don't think i've seen a worse movie, even for 1968, it's just boring.

Jurassic World... Lot of people say this is excellent the new one, for me.. i didn't fancy it that much, was very weak.