The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mini Movie Review

Scott

For anyone who enjoyed Batman vs Superman, I wholeheartedly recommend the Ultimate Edition. What on earth were Warner Brothers thinking releasing their version of the final cut compared to this?! Not only does it flesh out more of the subplots, it adds context to the entire premise of the conflict between the two lead characters! My initial rating for BvS was a solid 7/10. The Ultimate Edition (Director's Cut), I'd give 9/10.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone who enjoyed Batman vs Superman, I wholeheartedly recommend the Ultimate Edition. What on earth were Warner Brothers thinking releasing their version of the final cut compared to this?! Not only does it flesh out more of the subplots, it adds context to the entire premise of the conflict between the two lead characters! My initial rating for BvS was a solid 7/10. The Ultimate Edition (Director's Cut), I'd give 9/10.

Good, might get this then.

I thought the film was a mess and a massive disappointment so I'll try to catch this.

Seen dozens of films recently, forgot all about this thread!

Recent films I've watched:

Batman vs Superman - Terrible 3/10, can't go into it too much for spoilers, but it was a complete bag of c**p for me.

Warcraft - Ok 5/10, felt more like a pilot episode for a series rather than a feature film though.

Gods of Egypt - Not too bad 6.5/10, enjoyable and easy to watch

The Big Short - Good 7/10, enjoyed this, but financial/Wall Street based films are something I always like to watch, could be hard to follow for some though.

Ride Along 2 - 6.5/10, funny in parts, easy to follow, perfect lazy Sunday afternoon viewing.

Captain America Civil War - Mediocre at best 5/10, found it a bit boring, but I am getting that way about Marvel films in general now (Deadpool excluded)

Also had a war movie binge

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot (wtf?)... Bit crap following a wannabe successful war correspondent.

13 hrs Secret Soldiers of Benghazi. I thought it was really good a Micheal Bay film too, true story following the demise after gaddaffi.. Basically secret CIA outpost is er...no longer much of a secret...

Eye in the sky. Thought it would be cheap knock off low budget. But surprisingly tense and decent movie

I watched 13 hours the other day.

Wasn't bad.

Would have preferred a bit more on the political side of things but considering how utter shite Micheal Bay is he didn't do a bad job.

Incredible how true to real events it was, allegedly.

Been a while since we used the home cinema so thought we would crack few a couple films :)

We watch central intelligence last night not bad quite funny throughout would easily say a 8/10

Monday nighty viewing was demolition with jake gyllenhaal, slightly random and a very slow movie and to be fair I still don't really see the point in the plot but watchable! 6/10

Sunday was the boss with Melissa McCarthy didn't hold high hopes, was going for the easy watching type film. I wouldn't say it was terrible but I'd still only got for a 5.5/10

Also did the last heist what a big pile of [emoji90] poor throughout don't actually know how I got to the end 2/10 would of gone 1 but it somehow kept me going till the end!!

Don't know what's on the showings for this evening yet any suggestions??

Watched The New York Ripper recently, not as bad as some people make out, it's definitely one of Fulci's better films, but too bad the BBFC still feel the need to cut it.

I can't believe in this day and age they are still refusing to waive the cuts, for whatever reason the BBFC has a particular complex with sexual violence, but any other form of violence is deemed totally acceptable. I've seen the footage that is missing, and read the BBFC classification guidelines relating to sexual violence, and there is no reason for it to be cut.

I guess we'll have to wait for a future uncut release once the BBFC decides to treat adults like adults.

• 2 weeks later...
Just seen the new Bourne film; disappointed really, I felt like there was nothing that I hadn't seen before and the plot was incredibly contrived.

Matt Damon just looked tired and fed up in bits of the film and the camera work was nothing short of annoying.

Plot thin but action was full on from 20 mins in. Mrs G enjoyed it so enough said!! Was a good film and she'd watch it again!

Batman vs Superman was seriously bad despite the fact I like Ben Afleck and the Superman guy. Bad, bad film. Weak, weak,weak. Sorry. Too easy. Too contrived, too lazy, everything that is wrong about movie making right now. Try harder Hollowood, try much harder, you're better than this.

Saw the new Star Trek movie a couple days back and to be honest most of the action scenes were a blur, maybe it was the cinema but I will wait to watch again at home when its released :search:

Yeah agree with the that, thought I'd got blurred vision. Ok plot, just easy to tell when story telling is just there to make more money. Idris Elba was a let down imo

• 1 month later...
Watched The Shallows last night.

Awful film. Dreadful. I was rooting for the shark. Best acting by far was by Terry the Seagull who put in a great performance throughout.

I can't believe for a second that this got 6.6 on IMDB.

In summary: sh1te.

Agreed, would also only be about 30mins long if it didnt have so much slow mo......

I liked the effects for the shark, and as you say Terry, but other than that I completely agree. The movie made no sense, sharks don't act that way...... especially great whites, they aren't interested in us at all. I read a few comments on IMDB and people were defending it by saying it was a monster movie and that it didn't need to make sense.... referencing Jaws etc. The thing is, people were ignorant when Jaws was created. Peter Benchley himself said that he didn't understand Great Whites at all and actually regretted portraying them in such a way. This movie had absolutely no excuse and the stupidity of all the characters was just beyond belief.

Plot thin but action was full on from 20 mins in. Mrs G enjoyed it so enough said!! Was a good film and she'd watch it again!

I enjoyed it too, glad they put Matt Damon back in it again, he plays the character so well, not many people can pay the crazy, confused, calculator killer like him.

I liked the effects for the shark, and as you say Terry, but other than that I completely agree. The movie made no sense, sharks don't act that way...... especially great whites, they aren't interested in us at all. I read a few comments on IMDB and people were defending it by saying it was a monster movie and that it didn't need to make sense.... referencing Jaws etc. The thing is, people were ignorant when Jaws was created. Peter Benchley himself said that he didn't understand Great Whites at all and actually regretted portraying them in such a way. This movie had absolutely no excuse and the stupidity of all the characters was just beyond belief.

I wanted them all to die - horribly, painfully and slowly, but was disappointed that the binty Yank managed to survive.

It was definitely not a monster movie. Jaws at least had a story. This was just gash on a monster level.

Just finished The Man who Knew Infinity. What a brilliant true story this is, it's a bit of a slow movie and takes a while to get going at times but it's definitely worthwhile IMO. Absolutely fantastic performances throughout the movie but Jeremy Irons was a real stand out for me.

True story of Srinivasa Ramanujan, a pioneer in mathematics who's theory's are still being proven and worked on today.

Just finished The Man who Knew Infinity. What a brilliant true story this is, it's a bit of a slow movie and takes a while to get going at times but it's definitely worthwhile IMO. Absolutely fantastic performances throughout the movie but Jeremy Irons was a real stand out for me.

True story of Srinivasa Ramanujan, a pioneer in mathematics who's theory's are still being proven and worked on today.

:yeahthat: