The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mini Movie Review

Scott

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*SPOILER*

How did the watch magically store the morse code? I can make peace with being able to make the 2nd hand move, but how do you get it to remember all that code (must have been stacks of it).

I took that to be part of the whole 4th (and 5th?) Dimensions, where things can happen now, in the future and in the past at the same time (head hurts!)

There were a few other bits and bobs as well, such as why did "we" save him at the end? There was no need, was it a reward? No mention of it at all which I thought was strange. In his shoes I would at least have said thanks lol.

I took that to be the American 'flaw' of always having an upbeat ending? The end was the only weak part of a fantastic film for me, definitely one of my top five films. :thumbs:

*****SPOILERS********

I took that to be part of the whole 4th (and 5th?) Dimensions, where things can happen now, in the future and in the past at the same time (head hurts!)

Indeed, but he would have had to have been there in the 5th dimension making that happen. It showed him putting it into the watch as it sat on the book case, once the code was in there the job was done and he was removed from their dimension. The watch was clearly seen repeating the pattern, and it must have done a few times in order for her to get it back to her office and decipher it. The watch definitely stored and repeat the code without him influencing it at least. It didn't bother me so much, it just stood out :)

I took that to be the American 'flaw' of always having an upbeat ending? The end was the only weak part of a fantastic film for me, definitely one of my top five films. :thumbs:

Oh there is absolutely no doubt of that and I'll be 100% honest.... I was very glad of it as I felt I went right through the wringer with the guy and he deserved it. At one point I thought it was maybe us, the audience, that did it for him. I thought there was some play on love/passion/care being able to transfer through time/space as well as gravity. It was THAT thought provoking for me throughout.

Stunning film, told the Wife about it tonight as she hadn't fancied it but we'll definitely be watching it. I can't wait :)

I tried to sell interstellar to the wife, I got as far as "it's a little bit science fiction based on multi - dimensional space travel.......blah blah blah..... Bored..... Not a chance.... Shut up I'm not watching it!

Btw - it's awesome!! Equalled Inception for thought provoking endless possibilities!! Loved it

SPOILER!!!

(Apart from MD he was a let down - too high profile actor for that role.. Should have been semi high profile like Don Cheadle or somebody but not MD - he was weak)

I tried to sell interstellar to the wife, I got as far as "it's a little bit science fiction based on multi - dimensional space travel.......blah blah blah..... Bored..... Not a chance.... Shut up I'm not watching it!

Btw - it's awesome!! Equalled Inception for thought provoking endless possibilities!! Loved it

SPOILER!!!

(Apart from MD he was a let down - too high profile actor for that role.. Should have been semi high profile like Don Cheadle or somebody but not MD - he was weak)

Haha I dragged the Mrs with me when it was at the cinema, she didn't enjoy it as much as me but still for a non Sci-fi person she was entertained.

I thought the other character was perfectly cast I've got to be honest. I think who it was and his popularity etc added a bit of 'oh bloody hell' to the moment.

I think this'll be the first dvd I've bought for a long time.

The Gallows - Awful, don't waste your time with this trash.

Unfriended - Just as awful.

The Vendetta - As cheesy and lazily written as you would expect. Poor budget, poor acting, poor plot..... poor film.

I've went some dross over the past few flicks so that you won't have to. There are no hidden gems as yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Mission Impossible Rogue Nation - This movie did absolutely nothing for me. I usually enjoy these flicks but it's the same recycled story with a different name. Nothing really interesting to note. If you fancy a mission impossible flick, it won't offend.... just don't expect anything new.

Fantastic Four - Ok flick, it didn't really do it for me to be honest. I won't be bothering to watch this again.

V for Vendetta - An old one this but I rewatched it the other day. Thoroughly enjoyed it and highly recommend it. Moody, dark film which tackles a few underlying issues.

Almost forgot, Terminator Genisys.

This movie does exactly what it says on the tin. I absolutely loved it and I'll definitely watch it again. The ending was a little weak but I really enjoyed the movie throughout. Any terminator fan should enjoy this :)

Almost forgot, Terminator Genisys.

This movie does exactly what it says on the tin. I absolutely loved it and I'll definitely watch it again. The ending was a little weak but I really enjoyed the movie throughout. Any terminator fan should enjoy this :)

Amen to that.. Loved the timelines that were just swept to one side and the explanation about Arnie looking older. I enjoyed the humour they added and glad Mr Ego - CB wasn't near it.

Just watched Child 44. Strangely, I'm not really sure if I enjoyed it or not, I'm kinda torn. It had some good bits and some strange bits, it did leave me wondering if things really were THAT tough. It appears that if you didn't pass the parcel in time you would get shot back then.

It's probably worth a watch, I wouldn't expect TOO much though.

Child 44 was a strange film, not having read a synopsis before watching, I wasn't clear if it was another story about how harsh life in Stalinist Russia was, until it morphed into a crime thriller about the hunt for a serial killer!

Overall I enjoyed it and would watch it again, the period detail was good and it moved along as a story, I felt the brutality of the period was accurately reflected, at least from what I've read before, particularly in Antony Olcott's novels.

The Water Diviner was my movie watch last week and if you're looking for any tips on water divining, look elsewhere!

It's a good old fashioned adventure film which, as Russell Crowe is the (first time) director, shows Russell Crowe as the flawed hero of the story as he sets off to the post WW1 Ottoman Empire to find the bodies of his three dead sons who died during the Gallipoli campaign.

It's a period of history I know little about, (despite covering WW1 in my history 'O' Grade!) but I would suggest that history has been altered to allow a good story to take place.

Crowe is watchable, the leading lady, Olga Kurylenko, is always easy on the eye and the story rattles along with the usual stereotypes of pompous English Army officers and genial and generous Aussie ones, with some revisionism around how the Greeks retaliated against their former Ottoman Empire enemies at the end of the war.

A good film for a rainy afternoon!

I forgot that I watched Southpaw.

First half of the film had me hooked. It's very raw and Jake Gyllenhaal just pours emotion throughout his performance. The second half of the movie you could write yourself and is filled with every boxing cliche in the book.

Overall it's probably worth a watch, don't be surprised if you find yourself humming some of the Rocky music during the 2nd half though :D

Might try to watch Child 44 this weekend. Tom Hardy & Gary Oldman are two actors I rate highly. Obviously at different times in their careers but both very watchable.

I did manage to watch Predestination the other night (finally). Wow, what a screwed up 'out there' film, but very enjoyable. Plot was a bit paper thin though.