The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mini Movie Review

Scott

Batman vs Superman then, as spoiler free as possible.

6/10.

Some parts a little muddled, some scenes unnecessary.

The 'vs' should have gone on longer but I enjoyed it.

Enjoyed how Batman has become a badder batman in his older age.

Good, enjoyable - but with how much of a responsibility the film had with the big characters, franchises etc I did feel a little let down. Overall enjoyable though.

Revised rating actually, now the excitement of the cinema has worn off I've remembered a few things that annoyed me.

So 6/10.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Batman vs Superman then, as spoiler free as possible.

6/10.

Some parts a little muddled, some scenes unnecessary.

The 'vs' should have gone on longer but I enjoyed it.

Enjoyed how Batman has become a badder batman in his older age.

Good, enjoyable - but with how much of a responsibility the film had with the big characters, franchises etc I did feel a little let down. Overall enjoyable though.

Revised rating actually, now the excitement of the cinema has worn off I've remembered a few things that annoyed me.

So 6/10.

The main thing I'm wondering about is how good is Affleck as Batman? I'm assuming he will be good, well above Kilmer and Clooney, but maybe not on a par with Keaton and Bale (who I though we're both brilliant in their own ways)

The main thing I'm wondering about is how good is Affleck as Batman? I'm assuming he will be good, well above Kilmer and Clooney, but maybe not on a par with Keaton and Bale (who I though we're both brilliant in their own ways)

Honestly brilliant, best thing about the film. Worthy successor to Bale.

Guest suprasi

Just seen deadpool (nice quiet cinema now the fuss has died down) and have to say best film I've seen in ages. Reynolds was on fine form as, well, himself really

^ As a bit of a Superman fan, I will come back to that review once I've seen it. I'm going to see it in 70mm IMAX on the 4th. :)

I loved Man of Steel mate, I know lots of people didn't though and the same issues have been repeated here I think.

I'm actually considering revising my score again down to about 5/10 haha.

I loved Man of Steel mate, I know lots of people didn't though and the same issues have been repeated here I think.

The premise for man of steel was great

The origin story amazing, the story line amazing

The ending was a repeat of matrix revolutions

Same. I really enjoyed MOS and, as the film set the tone for the entire DCEU movie-verse, people really shouldn't be let down if they weren't feeling MOS.

I thought Man of Steel was absolutely first class. Much needed refresh of the Superman franchise after the AWFUL Superman Returns reboot. He just felt a lot more human and natural in it than every other version.

I'm still curious how it's going to be an actual battle though. Superman could clearly end the Batman on a whim so I don't get how it's going to play, I look forward to it.

Batman V Superman.... again spoiler free....

Are you kidding me? *expletives deleted* This was absolutely perfect IMO. Take yourselves away from the comics for 2 minutes, how did you genuinely think this was going to play out? It's a pantomime, a play..... it's exactly as it should and ever could have been. I agree on one point though........ she was bloody useless, terribly written in. No spoiler, you know if you've watched any trailer and there's nothing more to tell. Her part could have been good!

I'm missing something if this movie wasn't enjoyed by the real fans, seriously. It's great! 8/10!

Batman V Superman.... again spoiler free....

Are you kidding me? *expletives deleted* This was absolutely perfect IMO. Take yourselves away from the comics for 2 minutes, how did you genuinely think this was going to play out? It's a pantomime, a play..... it's exactly as it should and ever could have been. I agree on one point though........ she was bloody useless, terribly written in. No spoiler, you know if you've watched any trailer and there's nothing more to tell. Her part could have been good!

I'm missing something if this movie wasn't enjoyed by the real fans, seriously. It's great! 8/10!

Don't get me wrong, I thought it was a great film.

Just a few things really annoyed me and could have been done better.

Batman v superman fight was a little tame, no where near as explosive and great as it should have been.

The fight ended on the most stupidest thing ever.

The final fight was good.

The ending was weak.

Affleck as Bruce Wayne, amazing, as batman, great, really great.

There's a few other things I'm annoyed with but can't really say as they contain spoilers lol

Another post on the batman v superman front. Went to see it again with my brother yesterday and have to say the second time around it was actually a lot better, saw it in 2D this time and also seeing as I knew the basic structure of the film I could focus on all the little references and future hints in the film. you really need to focus on those as they actually set up future films really well. Definitely worth a second watch.

I'd up my score from a 7/10 to an 8/10 after the second screening although I still hate Jesse eisenburg as a casting choice.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Seen a few films recently:

Teenage mutant ninja turtles - best bit was the end credits, didn't rate it

Warcraft - really good

Independence Day 2 - didn't expect it to be good but was pleasantly surprised!

Me before you - surprisingly good, girlfriend made me go lol

Central intelligence - really funny

Watched - The Call (Stephen King) bit poop, typical story progression of a King novel adapted, alright I spose

Im having trouble remembering what films I've watched -

10 Cloverfield Lane- ok, Goodman is good actually. Not sure it's got anything to do with Cloverfield as a sequel though? Pretty sure they are unrelated