The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Scottish Car Show 2014

Westy

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Message from organisers:

Scottish Car Show this Sunday, Packs have been sent out, if you have not received your pack please get in touch.

Groupon Tickets – Please Note if any of your party has purchased Groupon Tickets no access to the show area will be granted until the show opens at 10am and the dedicated Groupon booth is opened at the Turnstiles.

Pay at the Gate - Passengers can pay at the gate on the day at a cost of £18.

Club Challenges - There are 3 club challenges this year to compete for the Club Challenge Trophy, please make your way to the stage at 10.30am to register your club.

Trophies - The Trophies are not just for the Top 50, all cars are entered and have equal chance of winning inside or out. We even have a Best Club Stand Trophy up for grabs.

Dogs - Are allowed but must be on a lead at all times.

Zones - In your club packs you will have sheets of coloured A5 paper please place these on each cars dash to represent what Zone you are in. This will help keep the flow of traffic moving.

Please remember that cars must remain static until the show finishes at 5pm.

The SCS Team will be at the Royal Highland Centre on the Saturday between 10am and 5pm and on the Sunday from 6am.

All we need now is the Sunshine. ;-)

Glasgow Area:-

Meeting at 6:30am and leaving at 6:45am:

Showcase Cinema

Barrbridge Leisure Centre, Bailleston, Glasgow G69 7TZ

If you are running late go straight to the address below.

Everyone to meet at 7:30am to give time to hand out passes and make sure everyone is there -

McDonalds

Newbridge Industrial Estate, Newbridge, Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh EH28 8LQ

LEAVING HERE 8AM SHARP!!!

Do not be late as we will leave without you!

I've asked everyone to send your name and mobile numbers and only had a few responses. No number means no phone call to find out where you are!

Edited by Westy (see edit history)

If parking up on the Sat you will not have your passes but there was no issue with this last year! Ask to speak to Sharon.

Personally id rather just meet you guys at 7:30am on sunday and all arrive together, last year was abit awkward having to move about within the arena to let other clubs in etc

Ok to those staying at a hotel - are you all staying at the Hilton? Marc and I are a few minutes away at the travelodge. We can meet up tomorrow evening?

Also, are you all taking your cars in on the Sunday morning rather than tomorrow early evening? Just as if no-one else is putting their car in tomorrow then I won't bother doing that either and will just park at the travelodge and we can convoy on Sunday morning. :)

Glasgow Area:-

Meeting at 6:30am and leaving at 6:45am:

Showcase Cinema

Barrbridge Leisure Centre, Bailleston, Glasgow G69 7TZ

If you are running late go straight to the address below.

Everyone to meet at 7:30am to give time to hand out passes and make sure everyone is there -

McDonalds

Newbridge Industrial Estate, Newbridge, Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh EH28 8LQ

LEAVING HERE 8AM SHARP!!!

Do not be late as we will leave without you!

I've asked everyone to send your name and mobile numbers and only had a few responses. No number means no phone call to find out where you are!

Will be there at about 7.45 shouldent be any latter than that.

Im gonna have to pull out lads, just finished rebuilding the car after winter strip down and only mot'd it on wednesday, too many niggly issues I'm not happy with so my ticket can go to whoever wants it, see you guys there anyways!

Don't be daft buddy! Take it along! Why pay again on the gate!?

Ok to those staying at a hotel - are you all staying at the Hilton? Marc and I are a few minutes away at the travelodge. We can meet up tomorrow evening?

Also, are you all taking your cars in on the Sunday morning rather than tomorrow early evening? Just as if no-one else is putting their car in tomorrow then I won't bother doing that either and will just park at the travelodge and we can convoy on Sunday morning. :)

Me and Ross McLaren are at the holiday inn express mate. I would rather take the car in on Sunday morning in convoy with everyone.

Hi guys,

i'll be coming now in the Audi, f**ing Supra just won't bloody start... After all the hours I've put in over the last month to get everything running and to fall at the last hurdle is infuriating ( I've been using other words this evening, but I won't repeat them on the forum) !! I just had a quiet word with her saying how disappointed i am in her. So I was instead going to take the Westfield, but forecast tomorrow is lightning and that car isn't what you'd call waterproof... Absolutely gutted, but nowt I can do . Am still coming as I fancy a few beers to drown my sorrows!

Hi guys,

i'll be coming now in the Audi, f**ing Supra just won't bloody start... After all the hours I've put in over the last month to get everything running and to fall at the last hurdle is infuriating ( I've been using other words this evening, but I won't repeat them on the forum) !! I just had a quiet word with her saying how disappointed i am in her. So I was instead going to take the Westfield, but forecast tomorrow is lightning and that car isn't what you'd call waterproof... Absolutely gutted, but nowt I can do . Am still coming as I fancy a few beers to drown my sorrows!

No way mate, you seemed fairly confident today aswell, but i suppose its better too happen at home then either at services on the way or to not start whilst up in edinburgh

Hi guys,

Petrol and a lighter would seem to be the easiest way to sort My Supra out atm....

I can see a few question and answer sessions going on Saturday night lol.

Those who are stopping in the hilton, they have a gym, pool, sauna and steam room. I'm taking my stuff up might do a bit chillin in the pool for a bit either Saturday or Sunday morning.