The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Scottish Car Show 2014

Westy

What the hell happened dude?

Was my fault, kids were playing with a ball and it went up on the roof of the entertainment thingy, i jumped up onto the roof to get it, then jumped back down 8ft directly onto the stage, wasn't wearing trainers just pumps so no decent impact protection. Managed 2 steps forward and had to give up. Feel like a total idiot. Whats worse is the insurance company phoned me yesterday half an hour after the operation to say I probably wouldn't be covered due to recklessness, and the total bill outstanding at that minute was 8200 euro! To be told that when you can't feel half your body is a sickener like. Luckily have managed to get it sorted out today and i am actually covered, fingers crossed I should be back home soon.

Needless to say I wan't be saving any footballs again,:D

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was my fault, kids were playing with a ball and it went up on the roof of the entertainment thingy, i jumped up onto the roof to get it, then jumped back down 8ft directly onto the stage, wasn't wearing trainers just pumps so no decent impact protection. Managed 2 steps forward and had to give up. Feel like a total idiot. Whats worse is the insurance company phoned me yesterday half an hour after the operation to say I probably wouldn't be covered due to recklessness, and the total bill outstanding at that minute was 8200 euro! To be told that when you can't feel half your body is a sickener like. Luckily have managed to get it sorted out today and i am actually covered, fingers crossed I should be back home soon.

Needless to say I wan't be saving any footballs again,:D

Jesus Christ mate, hope you get better soon bud

Thanks for the kind words guys, bit of good new today, might be getting out tomorrow in the wheelchair to return to the hotel for the rest of the holiday so all might not be lost.

I'll keep you updated Westy, there is still 7 weeks yet so hopefully plenty of time to get back on my feet.

• 4 weeks later...

Pack has arrived. After looking at the list and reading the thread I may have a couple spare tickets so PM me of interested.

If anyone has a gazebo and wants to bring it that would be great as the stand is outdoors people.

Food is also pricey so if anyone has a stand alone BBQ (NOT disposables) then also let me know of bringing it.

Can the following people confirm attendance or not so I know if tickets are spare....your names are here due to comments in the thread/knowledge of circumstances:

Gabriella

Edited by Westy (see edit history)

I might have a pasanger (Will no by Thursday) so if there is a spair ill probable take one.

Think I have a passenger coming now as well Westy, so could pinch a spare off you if there's one free

Will let you guys know when I do.