The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NEW SUPRA!!1 erm... Toyota FT-1 Concept

Gaz6002

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone else seen this? Engine won't be a popular choice if true.

Looks like pics of more of a production model, the front is ok but I think it's lost a bit of it's appeal if it's real.

http://toyotacars2016.com/2016-toyota-supra-engine-performance/

I would not trust anything they say the facts are wrong for the old model to start with "the 2016 Toyota Supra is going to be a bit different than the 2.6 liter twin turbo inline 6 of the original car"

I would not trust anything they say the facts are wrong for the old model to start with "the 2016 Toyota Supra is going to be a bit different than the 2.6 liter twin turbo inline 6 of the original car"

I noticed that too. It's dated early October and not seen much saying the same since.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/two-toyota-ft-1-concept-variants-unveiled-at-pebble-beach/?utm_source=t1&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=august14gallery

Looks 'mean' in race car guise.

But as for the road car, I think the engine, power output and gearbox options will make or break this car, because all else seems to be very next generation (or should that be 'evolution' for the Supra).

Edited by AJI (see edit history)

• 10 months later...

I wonder if this is going to be another one of those, prototype to reality disappointments. You saw the early versions of the GT86 and what is on our roads now.

I just hope the weight of expectation makes Toyota bold in their decision making. I would be first to put my name down if they produce a car that looks close to the FT-1.

H.

I wonder if this is going to be another one of those, prototype to reality disappointments. You saw the early versions of the GT86 and what is on our roads now.

H.

Whats wrong about GT86 vs consept? You have to remember that price tag too.

I hope that new Supra is not too full of gizmos. Honda did fucked up the new nsx....

Edited by LasseV (see edit history)

I just hope the weight of expectation makes Toyota bold in their decision making. I would be first to put my name down if they produce a car that looks close to the FT-1.

H.

I don't think they've hyped up a design as much as the FT-1 before and they've had it on display publically a lot. I would be surprised if the design changed much to be honest. I reckon they will fix legal complications and a couple of minor design faults and away they go.

Also... I can't think of a concept design as intricately designed as the FT-1 either. As far as I'm aware, they've been through many designs prior to the current one.

It's called a supra though.

Its called the FT-1 Concept , not like they have decided on a name yet lol

Tada did refer to it as the new Supra at the Toyko Auto Salon

FT-1 Concept has all the same characteristics of the Supra , GT car, RWD, aimed at the 911, Toyota Flagship sports car hence the comparison

Whats wrong about GT86 vs consept? You have to remember that price tag too.

I hope that new Supra is not too full of gizmos. Honda did fucked up the new nsx....

The concept car looked stunning and then they went with a cheaper looking version. I would have fancied a £30 - 40K model with a larger engine available for the true petrol heads.

The price is good for the GT86 and it has mass market potential, rather than being an iconic car in the years to come. All IMO of course.

H.

• 2 weeks later...