The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MattPs 98 VVTI Tiptronic Supra (Updated 13/07/2021)

MattP

• 1 month later...

Next I got the discs,callipers,pads,braided lines fitted and bled the system all went well.

I decided this time to try some new wheel nuts but I was not impressed with how soft the Aluminium ones were I assume they are chinese fakes so I opted for some Cold Forged Steel TPI nuts instead.

It was at this point as I am sad I decided the centre caps needed to be Gold Decepticons so I peeled the old Bola stickers off and replaced them..

and thats the brakes and wheel mods done ready for summer still so much left to do on the rest of the car though to be ready.

Edited by MattP (see edit history)

Finally got the interior together (Whole new unmarked dash unit as mine had small holes in it) and cleaned today its hard to get good pictures but it looks excellent..

I had the following carbon dipped:

*All Facelift Dash Panels

*Both Door Cups

*Both Electric Window Switch Surrounds

*Both Inner Door Cups

*Front Dash Vent (you can see it through the windscreen from the outside it runs the length of the dash)

*Both Dash Vent Surrounds around the Passenger Airbag

*Glovebox Lock Surround

*Ashtray lid

*Centre Console Handle Surround

*The Driver Side Vent Just Above To The Right Of The Dash Cluster

I will be attending throughout Summer as per Marcus but the Supra Wont be insured until the end of this month because the Multi car policy ends then..

Il use one of the other cars in the mean time.

Good man, no problemo Matthew insurance is a must with your granny style driving :D, anymore jobs left to do on it now?

Good man, no problemo Matthew insurance is a must with your granny style driving :D, anymore jobs left to do on it now?

You love my Economy Driving...

Probably a day or so worth of work left to have it Finished loads of little jobs.

3days? What were you using a cotton bud? Just chuck a bucket of water on let the sun dry it, wallah clean as out :D

polish 2x glaze 2x and wax x3. Then plastic Rx the headlights and rear lights then condition all the exterior trim and rubber seals and tyre gel.

Then all the interior needs doing...

I am cleaning king and also a bum..

Looks spot on, where did you go for carbon dipping? Robby mentioned a place called North East customs, did you use them?

A place called hydro monkeys in Sunderland did all of mine I got a load of engine plastics done aswell but I'm not finished putting it together yet.

Fitted the new SRD Undertray today it required slight trimming around the tray but was fairly simple, Lee did advise it may need trimming due to me retaining a Smic setup.

Looks 100% better than the stock plastic unit and is very sturdy very happy with it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • MattP changed the title to MattPs 98 VVTI Tiptronic Supra (Updated 13/07/2021)