The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MattPs 98 VVTI Tiptronic Supra (Updated 13/07/2021)

MattP

Why remove the dash if the matrix is fine?

I'd lose track of where all those plugs fit!:D

When Jurgen imported the car there were 4 small 3mm holes on the top left of the dash they were not visible but I knew they were there and it bothers me.

So I bought an undamaged one to replace it.

Plus I wanted to get some other bits done which il get too later in February.

The dash really is easy to remove when done methodically and parts labelled you all know I love labelling stuff but it can't be denied its time consuming not to damage or scratch panels etc

Edited by MattP (see edit history)

If you've got the dash out, it's worth changing anyway. They always look okay on the outside, they go from the inside out.

It's a horrible job if you don't have a big garage like you! :p

It's the only supra I have had that has no rust in the coolant system but il price a heater matrix up I would rather pay extra than get a cheaper delisted man unit regardless.

Both the garages are full of car and boat parts at the minute I'm walking around obstacles constantly lmao.

Definitely go with stock, then fill the system with Evans Waterless coolant. :)

Trolled my uncle with Evans Waterless Coolant I pulled up and told him the car was overheating then when he was stood over the Rad cap I said what does this do and twisted it off he jumped a mile thinking he would get burned... Just another sad story ;)

Out of curiosity what does an undamaged dash go for? Did you price up a new one?

I only ask as my old Supra (gone, but never forgotten) had a phone kit fitted by a previous owner leaving holes in the dash and I would have loved to have replaced it, it never occurred to me to do it though, just seemed like too big a job.

I sold my whole undamaged dash with centre console from my last Supra to Safdixon (Mark) on here for £20 I even dropped it off at his door.

Funnily enough he is taking the one I just removed for Sammys car probably for less as it's not undamaged.

The one I bought a few months ago from Jay Jay on here was £35 but it was literally for a bare dash undamaged.

Picked the Uk calipers up the other day from the Powder Coaters and just started unpacking them tonight they are a very metallic Gold colour quite sparkly in the right light but cant be seen in photos Im more than happy with them.

Just need to clean them out thoroughly and check the bolts thread nice before I start rebuilding them :)

So today I wanted to pull the carpet out for a few reasons..

*I wanted to see if the original Japanese owner had blessed the car with a good luck token..

*I wanted access to the ECU to properly solder the FCD and SLD as Jurgen crimped them and the FCD somehow became unnatached.

* to clean any crap that had got under there over the cars life.

Anyway I was Pleasantly surprised to find the car had indeed been blessed ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Anybody know what the 50 Japanese coin is

Just a 50 yen coin mate, found a bunch of coins on the floor of my S2000 when i imported it. Whats this blessing crack? The FCD and SLD have crimps included as standard, not the greatest connections especially when you have so little room below there. Any weird activity with the SLD?

Just a 50 yen coin mate, found a bunch of coins on the floor of my S2000 when i imported it. Whats this blessing crack? The FCD and SLD have crimps included as standard, not the greatest connections especially when you have so little room below there. Any weird activity with the SLD?

Dont get me wrong mate Im not blaming Jurgen for the Crimp coming off :) its just Il be soldering it on for a good connection anyway no mate I called it an SLD but its actaully a Speedmate converter not an HKS unit I have had no issue other than obviously the standard changing up at around 130mph issue that the VVTI Ecu wont allow.

The only way I know to get rid of that issue is to go Standalone ECU to control the Autobox on its own.

The Japanese tend to bless cars with a good luck tokens when they get them have you never heard that before lmao?

50 yen the equivalent of 28p haha

• MattP changed the title to MattPs 98 VVTI Tiptronic Supra (Updated 13/07/2021)