The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MattPs 98 VVTI Tiptronic Supra (Updated 13/07/2021)

MattP

Good Job, What did you clean them up with ? And if you dont mind me asking how much was the new filter from Toyota ?

I cleaned the valve Body up with Kitchen roll and carb cleaner and had to remove the individual 7 solenoids and test them with 5 volts to make sure they clicked and operated as they should and again squirt the innards out with carb cleaner then put it all back together with the new strainer..

Cotton ear buds come in handy for the solenoids when cleaning.

Both the N/A and TT strainer are £80 they are both different shapes so make sure you get the right one..

Remember this is Tiptronic so it has the 7 solenoids a normal TT Auto will only have 5 solenoids...

• 1 month later...

Seemed a waste having a double din head unit with a reverse camera port and not using it so I decided to whip a little camera with night vision etc into the car it works a treat and works automatically when reverse is engaged etc etc..

only cost £13 aswell

Il probably never use it but its a nice touch non the less...

• 1 year later...
Awwww yes plenty of bits done Il post up soon.

I thought I had been forgot about its nice to see people still browse and find this thread :)

I should hope so, it's been nearly two years since the last update :)

It's always good to see what the other tiptronic owners are doing ;)

• MattP changed the title to MattPs 98 VVTI Tiptronic Supra (Updated 02/08/2014)

Right then where was I ahhhh yes the car has stood for many years on axle stands in the garage whilst I have been on with many other things...

Time to start updating again.

Il Update this as and when I get time.

Current state of affairs the car is in bits I intended on my usual maintenance one year and well life got in the way.

Also this new forum layout is proving a chore to get used to.

Sooooooo here we are anyway the car went away looking like this back in 2015/2016 cant remember without checking the last MOT

IMG_2635.JPG

Supra.JPG

Car looks something like this now haha...

I got side-tracked extending the house then the garages just got rammed with stuff so I couldn't get in to work on it.

She's a dusty old bitch and of course one of my mates decided to draw a penis on the bonnet at some point....

IMG_20200308_194502.thumb.jpg.128d824d722af8e9bb839670be3c6d2d.jpg

IMG_20200308_194602.jpg

IMG_20200416_190026.jpg

IMG_20200416_190236.jpg

IMG_20210227_162843.jpg

IMG_20210227_162920.jpg

IMG_20210227_162947.jpg

• Like 1

I also bought a spare TT VVTI Autobox and a spare VVTI Steering wheel from Mark Brown on here again a few years ago I have no Idea where the wheel has gone and the Gearbox is now a trip hazard in the other garage sooooo yes moving on...

IMG_20200308_194659.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I actually put the car up on stands to remove the front wheel bearings and replace them as they sounded dry on rotation when I jacked it.

So all new Toyota bearings/seals/hub caps etc were acquired from my local Toyota Branch aswell as replacing the wheel threads while I had them off.

And as is tradition why not powder coat the hubs and dust shields while they are off aswell.

Here they are done... Also got some new stands which is exciting times as I got them free with Confused.com insurance.

IMG_20210628_112023.jpg

IMG_20210628_112055.jpg

IMG_20210628_120918.jpg

IMG_20210628_111754.jpg

IMG_20210628_111817.jpg

IMG_20210628_111836.jpg

IMG_20210628_111853.jpg

• Like 3

• MattP changed the title to MattPs 98 VVTI Tiptronic Supra (Updated 13/07/2021)

Also on another note I bought this full set of UK Spec Brakes that were seized pretty damn badly and have just about finished rebuilding them.. 

Usual stuff involved:

Pins seized

Pistons seized

Dead boots etc

Ive bought a full set of seals including half seals and new pistons then had them powder coated gloss black they got a quick hone for good measure just to clean the bores I have new bleed nipples etc aswell. 

Just need to clean the bolts and do final assembly and wallah spare set of UKs. 

Also some decals around here somewhere. 

IMG_20210711_135031.jpg

IMG_20210711_135633.jpg

• Like 1