The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MattPs 98 VVTI Tiptronic Supra (Updated 13/07/2021)

MattP

I've just had a look I can't see them on the site anymore he only seems to list standard Toyota link pipes at £39 each..

I got these new from Paul a few weeks ago for £45ish they were on the site

What size were those couplers matt? Il replace mine when I get the chrome stuff fitted

• 1 month later...

Skipping forward quite a bit the focus has been on finishing the car in time for japfest...

had the fuel tank cover to fit whilst waiting on Whiffin to sort some pipes and intercooler..

a few weeks pass and I now have the mk3 Whifbitz intercooler to replace the mk2 which wasnt really good enough Im happy to say the mk3 is 100% better fit the shoud sits snug and the intercooler doesnt foul on the chassis leg.

Unfortunately as is tradition with modifying cars the mk3 has a slightly shorter spout which makes it impossible to fit either the stock smic pipes or indeed the silicone whifbitz smic kit so the next day I spent the whole saturday travelling around the north east looking for a company to supply me with a longer straight piece of silicone I eventually got a half meter piece of silicone for £30 from Revolution Newcastle.

as can be seen in the pictures the whifbitz pipe was far too short to join the intercooler so I cut the right length from the piece I got hold of job done.....

I will also point out the two Whifbitz silicone pipes on the stock intercooler pipework going upto the throttle were a job in themselves I had to cut 4 inches off them to fit them :/

I fitted the car the following In the mean time:

*s2000 stubby aerial

*Painted metallic gold uk spec calipers

*New braided brake lines from Dude@Austec

*Fitted a engine bling set of stainless steel wing and engine bolts

*Fitted powder coated window wiper arms and new wipers

*Fitted interior boot LED lights and ALL exterior lights are now LED except the rear cluster

*Fitted Hecklers facelift carbon LED front lights

*New 55w 6000k dipped beam lights

*all new bumper clips etc on fitting

and also I bought a new set of wheels as promised I wanted Rota grids in 18inch 9.5j front and 10j rear in hyper black but stock in the UK has run dry in the correct sizes and offsets so I made a alternative choice for a set of Bola B1 in gloss black 18inch 8.5j and 9.5j.

getting close to japfest now and its about there just a few jobs left...

cleand up my facelift headlights with maguires plast RX they came up really well, fitted them pulled the car out for a quick once over and its now gone for a check over by a trusted mechanic I should have it back to clean and polish properly on tuesday with its rebuilt powersteering pump.

Jap fest next week :)

• 1 month later...

A few teething problems came to light after the first week of putting the car back on the road so the following has been done to rectify the problems:

*Refurbished the Power Steering unit and refit

*Fit new Genuine Toyota Accelerator Cable

*Fit new Genuine outer crank case breather pipes

*Remove Whifbitz sunstrip and replace with plain black interior strip

and now all is well im sure there will be more additions later but for now the car is done.....

Edited by MattP (see edit history)

I can't get away with a lip on a supra due to the aggressive camber on our hillbilly roads :(

I will probably add a few nice touches over the next few years but I'm on the lookout for a white VVTI 6 speed base car I can single and keep this black one bpu :)

Edited by MattP (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • MattP changed the title to MattPs 98 VVTI Tiptronic Supra (Updated 13/07/2021)