The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whifbitz billet hybrid turbos - coming soon!!

Paul Whiffin

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget the cams will add around 20bhp to the total though, but its a good start anyway! 1.6 bar, decent tune and these should really kick.

- - - Updated - - -

Haven't got that far yet!

2 bar will require a forged engine build though don't forget and until someone fancies testing them at that boost level we won't know what will happen with egt's either.

1.6 bar should be fine though, we will find out for sure on the test car soon.

id say EGT will sky rocket at high boost as the whole sequential turbo system is verry restrictive on exhaust side. i had an idea when i bought hybrid turbos about building a custon manifol aslo the exhaust pressure would get verry high imo. people thinking that this will be cheaper then single setup (small) id say are way off. great fun bit of kit though. Good Luck paul! :)

id say EGT will sky rocket at high boost as the whole sequential turbo system is verry restrictive on exhaust side. i had an idea when i bought hybrid turbos about building a custon manifol aslo the exhaust pressure would get verry high imo. people thinking that this will be cheaper then single setup (small) id say are way off. great fun bit of kit though. Good Luck paul! :)

The turbo side of things is much cheaper, but it will never perform the same as a top quality single turbo kit, you cant compare the 2 really.

I think where this setup really makes sense is when replacing a set of blown stock twins.

I assume that these are no good at all on the stock map, even at stock boost pressure?

I think where this setup really makes sense is when replacing a set of blown stock twins.

I assume that these are no good at all on the stock map, even at stock boost pressure?

No idea until someone tries them out, considering the stock injectors are maxed out at 1.2 bar on stock turbos then probably not. You might be able to get the same power at lower boost may be.

I do standard rebuilt turbos too which will probably be more suitable for people who aren't after more power. Plenty of options available.

You shouldn't believe all you read on FB, it's the devil you know. It was put in place to ruin friendships, relationships and businesses.

I think this is true lol I deleted mine due things like that!

Also good luck with the next session Paul. I look forward to seeing what power this comes out at!