The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whifbitz billet hybrid turbos - coming soon!!

Paul Whiffin

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh they do make nice sounds

damn that dosent work 1 of these will

They sound awesome.. Would love to see a video of some pulls/flyby's of this.

Manual, HKS fmic, Whifbitz 264 cams, Syvecs, Asnu 850cc injectors with Whifbitz fuel rail kit, Whifbitz 3" Decats, shouldn't be anything holding it back! Apart from this poxy traffic jam I'm stuck in!

That's the M25 for you :)

Manual, HKS fmic, Whifbitz 264 cams, Syvecs, Asnu 850cc injectors with Whifbitz fuel rail kit, Whifbitz 3" Decats, shouldn't be anything holding it back! Apart from this poxy traffic jam I'm stuck in!

Nice. Would be nice to know how much power the stock air box would cope with a k&n panel filter. I'm sure I'll find out :)

Well it didn't go quite to plan, we only did 1 run and the car had a boost leak which couldn't be fixed at the dyno unfortunately. The good news is it made a healthy 443bhp at 1.3 bar boost, as we only did one power run the ecu mapping is nowhere near what its capable of. So loads more to come from this setup with more tuning and more boost. Hopefully we will get back down to the dyno at the end of next week with any luck.

not bad results considering a boost leak, and stock tubbies with billets in them. with accompanying mods, i can see this doing well over 500bhp.

small single territory, but adding up what parts are needed even to run this, your talking 10k at least.

not bad results considering a boost leak, and stock tubbies with billets in them. with accompanying mods, i can see this doing well over 500bhp.

small single territory, but adding up what parts are needed even to run this, your talking 10k at least.

With mapping and labour yeah.

443 will do tbh...it's a healthy boost on stock power levels yet retaining the sequential system. Any more is just greed lol

Don't forget the cams will add around 20bhp to the total though, but its a good start anyway! 1.6 bar, decent tune and these should really kick.

- - - Updated - - -

What were the egt's at that power and boost?

Haven't got that far yet!

I don't think it will cost that much if you do the work yourself, odviously depending on how much Paul retails the turbos for.

Assuming your car is already BPU:-

£2500 Syvecs supplied and mapped

£500 drop in injectors say 800cc

£150 Bosch 044 pump and filter

£60 colder plugs

Odviously the above is essential. Then you have the optional parts such as gauges etc etc.

As I say, all the above is depending on what mods your car already has. If you going from a bone stock car, then your looking at a lot more.

Are you going to be running these parallel when testing Paul, or trying to keep the stock sequential setup? I know some BPU owners have gone Syvecs and TTC, but i kind of like the sequential setup myself.

I agree, a 500hp sequential setup would be an amazing setup for a supra. IMO, the best all round setup for a supra is a good BPU.

Totally agree Hodge. Im trying to push mine as far as i can with being BPU, but was at the point where a stand alone ECU and TTC was the only option left. If these can run upwards of 1.6 bar, with a stand alone, 264 cams and some bigger injectors, i think it will make for quite an animal.