The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whifbitz billet hybrid turbos - coming soon!!

Paul Whiffin

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No its different internally as well.

- - - Updated - - -

I've asked them many times and they cant do it, nobody can as far as I can see.

Ok thanks,

What about the dual intake for the TT setup ?

Any gain ?

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...

500bhp should be easy. I've had +500hp a couple years with old Envy hybrids.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?142415-Hello-from-Finland!&referrerid=12527

I have a j-spec Supra with mines ecu, Apexi Neo, 550 injectors, stoc cams, fmic, dual air filters, 3 dp and Apexi n1 exhaust.

When I placed the hybrids I triend to port the exhaust manifold and y-pipe myself. I dont know was my effort any good, but I think I got a few millimeters away.

I've been to dyno 3 times and always in the same place. (dyno dynamics).

First i got with 404hp / 540nm @ 1,2 bar with j-spec tubbies in 2009. (Bpu: Fmic, 3" dp and exhaust, Hks airfilter + Mines ecu)

Then 480hp / 620nm @ 1,3-1,4 bar in 2011 with hybrids. ( added also 550-injectors and Bosch 044-pump)

The last time in 2012, I got 512 /680 @ 1,5bar. ( now added dual filters and apexi Neo. It made the same power at first but when the Neo was tweaked the power rised).

So these dual filters didnt make any extra power. They only look good and make a different noise / sound.

With 264 cams and with standalone Ecu it could make 550hp??

500bhp should be easy. I've had +500hp a couple years with old Envy hybrids.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?142415-Hello-from-Finland!&referrerid=12527

I have a j-spec Supra with mines ecu, Apexi Neo, 550 injectors, stoc cams, fmic, dual air filters, 3 dp and Apexi n1 exhaust.

When I placed the hybrids I triend to port the exhaust manifold and y-pipe myself. I dont know was my effort any good, but I think I got a few millimeters away.

I've been to dyno 3 times and always in the same place. (dyno dynamics).

First i got with 404hp / 540nm @ 1,2 bar with j-spec tubbies in 2009. (Bpu: Fmic, 3" dp and exhaust, Hks airfilter + Mines ecu)

Then 480hp / 620nm @ 1,3-1,4 bar in 2011 with hybrids. ( added also 550-injectors and Bosch 044-pump)

The last time in 2012, I got 512 /680 @ 1,5bar. ( now added dual filters and apexi Neo. It made the same power at first but when the Neo was tweaked the power rised).

So these dual filters didnt make any extra power. They only look good and make a different noise / sound.

With 264 cams and with standalone Ecu it could make 550hp??

Are they USA power figures you are quoting? Unless you are using E85 of course?

Edited by Paul Whiffin (see edit history)

Are they USA power figures you are quoting? Unless you are using E85 of course?

No? Horsepower@flywheel and with Shell V-power. In the US they make 400rwhp @ bpu. Am I wrong?

In my knowing the motor is j-spec, non opened.

And I've been to the same dyno every time...

At 1/4 mile I done 14,2s 177km/h bpu and with hybrids 13,3 188km/h on street tyres and on non prepped strip. 60ft 2,4-2.5s.

• 2 weeks later...