The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Andrew`s Single turbo 6 speed V161 Build

Andrew K

I was over with Lee this morning picking my car up. I had a look at your car in the garage. Very clean and tidy. Looked lovely.

I'd be very proud to own it.

Glad you got the nice weather. On my drive home it was raining with occasional snow.

Thank you bud, guess you must have been there before I arrived or was you the chap Lee was talking to when I turned up?

Yeah got lucky with the weather after seeing what I saw round my way when I got up!

Thought I'd see a post on here at 6am saying ' iv done a 1000 miles since this morning or $#@! just woke up in the car lol

Nearly as I could have easily done that (not the sleeping in the car though lol)

Bit early on a Sunday morning for me, will be going out in it again today as it looks nice out :)

Thank you bud, guess you must have been there before I arrived or was you the chap Lee was talking to when I turned up?

Yeah got lucky with the weather after seeing what I saw round my way when I got up!

No, I think I had long gone before you arrived. It was raining when I left. I left around 1115 hours.

No, I think I had long gone before you arrived. It was raining when I left. I left around 1115 hours.

Must have missed you by half an hour or so as I think I got there about 11:45am

I'm interested in the fact your running a tad over 600 bhp with and SMIC. Was this a limiting factor in the power levels on the dyno?

I may well consider one of these myself. I can then have a fully working active spoiler :)

It's one of the reasons I went for the SMIC as I wanted to keep the working active spoiler, I did ask Lee what was holding it back from producing higher figures and he said it was a mixture of a few things, one was the diameter of the intercooler pipework as it was restricting it a bit! and my injectors I think it was again and also the SMIC, if I changed these things I could easily go higher as the engine is more than capable of handling it.

Here you go Luc :)

Done a little job today before i took the supra out for a spin again, while it was at SRD i had a spare steering wheel i had laying around at home re-trimmed with new leather but keeping the stock look, just need to sort the hand brake out as it`s looking a bit tatty compared to the Steering wheel & Gear knob.

Old steering wheel

attachment.php?attachmentid=206926&stc=1&d=1448221128

attachment.php?attachmentid=206927&stc=1&d=1448221128

attachment.php?attachmentid=206928&stc=1&d=1448221128

Re-trimmed steering wheel

attachment.php?attachmentid=206929&stc=1&d=1448221349

attachment.php?attachmentid=206930&stc=1&d=1448221349

attachment.php?attachmentid=206931&stc=1&d=1448221349

attachment.php?attachmentid=206933&stc=1&d=1448221602

image 112.jpeg

IMG_1847.jpg

IMG_1846.jpg

IMG_1848.jpg

IMG_1849.jpg

IMG_1850.jpg

IMG_1855.jpg

Just want to say a massive thank you to Lee and the team at SRD, they have done an outstanding job for me fitting / converting my supra with all the parts i have collected over the years and turning it into a 617hp single turbo 6spd manual, the service i got from them was 10/10 and they always kept me in the loop as to what was going on with pictures and messages, they treat your car as if it was there own car being worked on which puts you at ease and so you know it`s in safe hands :) i will be definitly going back if i need any more work doing or further upgrades.

Again can`t thank you guys enough for the great work you have done :thumbs: you`ve made me one happy chap. :)

here`s a couple of pictures of before & after shots of my engine bay.

Before work started

attachment.php?attachmentid=206934&stc=1&d=1448223290

After the work had been finished

attachment.php?attachmentid=206935&stc=1&d=1448223362

image 13.jpg

image 106.jpg

I'm interested in the fact your running a tad over 600 bhp with and SMIC. Was this a limiting factor in the power levels on the dyno?

I may well consider one of these myself. I can then have a fully working active spoiler :)

I'm also running a CW SMIC at a little over 630bhp so these intercoolers are proven at the sort of power both Andrew and I are running.

Your car looks lovely Andrew, great results.

I'm also running a CW SMIC at a little over 630bhp so these intercoolers are proven at the sort of power both Andrew and I are running.

Your car looks lovely Andrew, great results.

Thanks Kev

Yeah the CW SMIC is a really good bit of kit and performs really well with the power levels I'm now at.

Really pleased for you, glad you got a bit of nice weather to enjoy it. Now wrap it up nicely and should see you at some shows next year :)

Thanks mate, yeah turned out to be a nice day in the end so helped me get used to it while driving back :) I was out in it pretty much all day yesterday giving it a good blast. Yes I definitely will be at most the shows next year as I've missed them all this year due to my car being off the road, would be nice to put some names to faces and get to know members a bit better :)