The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Andrew`s Single turbo 6 speed V161 Build

Andrew K

The nice newly repaired Turbo is now fitted to the manifold and the pipe work is now all finished and routed neatly down to the intercooler, also had the mounting flange welded on for the HKS dump valve and is now all fitted :) next job is the down pipe & mid pipe.

attachment.php?attachmentid=204544&stc=1&d=1440447011

attachment.php?attachmentid=204545&stc=1&d=1440447011

image 85.jpg

image 86.jpg

Looks like Lee & the guys have been very busy :) Lee sent me over this video clip earlier of the first start up of my engine install, there are a few teething issues to get sorted but nothing major, one of which is the v band on the turbo is blowing as you might hear from the clip. Lee said there were no leaks at all on start up and it started on the button on his base map and all sensors on the syvecs are working fine. :)

Been having a play around to see if I can get my YouTube video clips up the way you see most people do it, think I've finally figured it out. :) better than just having a link!

Edited by Andrew K (see edit history)

trying to get this clip up like you see others but can`t figure out how to do it :banghead: hope the link works!

Here you go :)

E2A

When you start a new post there is a film/movie clip picture in the same bar as the "font" & "size" et cetera, cut the whole youtube link from the address bar and paste it in there.

Edited by Frank Bullitt (see edit history)

Here you go :)

E2A

When you start a new post there is a film/movie clip picture in the same bar as the "font" & "size" et cetera, cut the whole youtube link from the address bar and paste it in there.

Cheers mate, I was trying for ages last night to get the YouTube clip up like you've just done for me. I'm sure I tried that and put the hole YouTube link from the address bar into that film / movie clip picture that your on about and it just came out the same as my attempt last night! Will have to have a play around with it some more and see how I get on, was the first time I've ever uploaded a clip to YouTube and tried getting it onto the forum.

This is one very very nice car Andrew, i love the attention to detail gone into this build and how clean and nice everything is, its one of the nicest cars i've had a pleasure of building and once done and finished is going to be one beautiful car.

James (Srd)

(Ps, its going to sound awesome ;) )

This is one very very nice car Andrew, i love the attention to detail gone into this build and how clean and nice everything is, its one of the nicest cars i've had a pleasure of building and once done and finished is going to be one beautiful car.

James (Srd)

Thank you for the nice comment James, I am a bit fussy when it comes to doing things on the supra and always give it my full attention to get things looking as good as they can. A big Thanks goes to you guys at SRD as you've done an outstanding job as always fitting all the parts and putting your touch on it :) I've been collecting parts and doing what I have to get things ready for quite a few years now and never thought I'd see the day this lot would be in my car! Still seems a bit unreal but it's finally there.

Sounds nice then :D That's good to hear as I was hoping it might.

James (Srd)

Hey SRD man ;)

Can't wait for updates. Keep up the great work. :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

Had a progress report & some pictures from Lee over the weekend :) the Cal switch has now been installed, was toying with a few different ideas of where to fit it but in the end it was put in the centre console arm rest. i know the foam insert i made myself for the ipod doesn`t look to brilliant but i will be addressing that when i get the car back, want to make it more solid / presentable and wrap it in a vinyl so it matches the dash texture.

attachment.php?attachmentid=205212&stc=1&d=1442949040

attachment.php?attachmentid=205213&stc=1&d=1442949040

attachment.php?attachmentid=205214&stc=1&d=1442949040

attachment.php?attachmentid=205215&stc=1&d=1442949040

image 88.jpg

image 87.jpg

image 90.jpg

image 89.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Had another update from Lee :) while they were out doing some road mapping Lee noticed that the front wheels are rubbing in the arches a bit, i had new Tein coilovers fitted quite a few years back now and as my supra was an N/A the front springs needed changing so to get the car sitting right, now with the heavier engine the original springs need to go back on (luckily i kept them) which Lee and the Team have been sorting out and while the shocks were off the car the Green paint work was looking a bit sorry for it`s self! so they gave them a rub / clean down and freshened them up with a coat of paint. :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=205516&stc=1&d=1444333380

attachment.php?attachmentid=205517&stc=1&d=1444333380

attachment.php?attachmentid=205518&stc=1&d=1444333380

attachment.php?attachmentid=205519&stc=1&d=1444333380

attachment.php?attachmentid=205520&stc=1&d=1444333380

attachment.php?attachmentid=205521&stc=1&d=1444333589

attachment.php?attachmentid=205522&stc=1&d=1444333589

attachment.php?attachmentid=205523&stc=1&d=1444333589

attachment.php?attachmentid=205524&stc=1&d=1444333589

image 91.jpg

image 92.jpg

image 94.jpg

image 93.jpg

image 95.jpg

image 96.jpg

image 97.jpg

image 98.jpg

image 99.jpg

Also while i was having a chat with Lee he told me the cars going in for it`s mapping session on the rolling road tomorrow :D so going to be a big day and can`t wait for the updates and video`s to start coming through and to see how the car performs plus what figures it produces.