The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Andrew`s Single turbo 6 speed V161 Build

Andrew K

• 1 month later...

Little update regarding the trip i had and why the Supra was checked over at SRD, Me and a couple of my friends went to the Nurburgring back in October for a long weekend :) Me in the Supra, my mate in his Subaru and my other mate with his Kawasaki Ninja which he took in the back of his transit van as didn`t fancy driving the bike all the way there, we set off on Thursday 13th after work and stayed at a hotel in Folkestone so we could catch the 8.20am train to Calais, We then had the 300 odd mile drive to the Nurburgring which was quite pleasant as the roads are so much better then back home! We got there about 4.00pm ish and checked in at the Hotel Am Tiergarten and then emptied the cars and headed off to the track which was only a 10 minute drive from where we were staying. The track was open from 5.30pm till 7.30pm on the friday so we all got our laps in which for two of us was our first time experience and what an experience it is!! :blink::) think at one point there was 127 cars out on track so you can imagine what it`s like and you certainly have to pay careful attention to what`s going on etc, all in all i`m so glad iv`e done it and would defiantly go back again, one thing i was surprised about and that was how much attention my Supra was getting in the car park :blink: especially when there`s loads of exotic cars there like Porsche`s, Ferrari`s, Lamborghini`s, Corvette`s, Mclaren P1 (only the one) AMG Merc`s etc. Saturday morning it had been raining so we had a go at electric go-karting and then headed back up to the track for the afternoon, the track was still wet so didn`t fancy risking taking the Supra out! my other two mates did and while out on the track they spotted someone going around in a matt grey Porsche GT3 RS that new his stuff from the way he was driving, long story short we got chatting to the chap when he came in for a break and he ended up taking me out for a couple of laps which just topped off the weekend for me :) for starters that Porsche is my all time favourite car and second he chased down a M3 ring taxi on the second lap and it felt like he was just feet away from his bumper all the way round! just wish my Go Pro hadn`t packed up as i couldn`t get any footage of that or myself driving round :( all i have is a little video clip my mate took on his mobile while i was driving, anyway will let the pictures tell the rest.

attachment.php?attachmentid=215589&stc=1&d=1478554283

attachment.php?attachmentid=215590&stc=1&d=1478554324

attachment.php?attachmentid=215591&stc=1&d=1478554362

attachment.php?attachmentid=215592&stc=1&d=1478554403

attachment.php?attachmentid=215593&stc=1&d=1478554434

attachment.php?attachmentid=215594&stc=1&d=1478554501

attachment.php?attachmentid=215595&stc=1&d=1478554545

attachment.php?attachmentid=215596&stc=1&d=1478554606

attachment.php?attachmentid=215597&stc=1&d=1478554646

attachment.php?attachmentid=215598&stc=1&d=1478554679

This was the Porsche GT3 RS i was kindly taken out in on the Saturday :cool:

attachment.php?attachmentid=215599&stc=1&d=1478554789

attachment.php?attachmentid=215600&stc=1&d=1478554820

image 1.jpg

image 2.jpg

image 5.jpg

image 8.jpg

image 7.jpg

image 15.jpg

image 14.jpg

image 6.jpg

image 3.jpg

image 4.jpg

image 10.jpg

image 11.jpg

Edited by Andrew K (see edit history)

Saw these driving around the public roads outside the entrance to the track, looked fun and some of them were getting them sideways round the roundabout.

attachment.php?attachmentid=215748&stc=1&d=1479408902

attachment.php?attachmentid=215749&stc=1&d=1479408902

In the Restaurant one evening at the hotel while having dinner i spotted this picture on the wall. :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=215750&stc=1&d=1479408902

All in all it was an awesome weekend and i really enjoyed it :) was a little worried about taking the Supra that far and racing it round the track! but it performed brilliantly and didn`t let me down once after the 1137 mile round trip and performed well going round the Nurburgring.

IMG_1484.jpg

IMG_1485.jpg

IMG_1483.jpg

Sounds like you had a great time :cool: been twice now, hopefully get there again next year at some point.

Supras are rare over there, but the German equivalent of top gear used to feature a Supra as a pace setting car, so they're well known and desirable. Think a lot of Germans are car enthusiasts too (relatively speaking)

Cool looked great, Bignums fault you got all the attention!

Probably right there as didn't think of that at the time, probably wondering why this supra wasn't getting similar lap times!

Sounds like you had a great time :cool: been twice now, hopefully get there again next year at some point.

Supras are rare over there, but the German equivalent of top gear used to feature a Supra as a pace setting car, so they're well known and desirable. Think a lot of Germans are car enthusiasts too (relatively speaking)

Yeah really enjoyed it and can't wait to go back again :) was an awesome experience. I didn't know that about the supra being on the German equivalent of top gear so could be why it was getting so much attention, you could see from the area we were staying in that there were a lot of local car enthusiasts.

Very nice mate. ;)

Was so much better than I expected :)

I did buy some professional photos that were taken of my car while going around the Nurburgring, not sure if I'm aloud to post them up on a public form etc as I think they still own some sort or right to the photo even though I've bought them, does anyone know anything about things like this and can shed some light on the subject as to what you can or cannot do regarding pictures like this as don't want to get in trouble?

I've also saved the photos off there website before I bought them but obviously these have the persons company logo across them so unsure if you can do the same with these photos.

• 2 months later...
I did buy some professional photos that were taken of my car while going around the Nurburgring, not sure if I'm aloud to post them up on a public form etc as I think they still own some sort or right to the photo even though I've bought them, does anyone know anything about things like this and can shed some light on the subject as to what you can or cannot do regarding pictures like this as don't want to get in trouble?

I've also saved the photos off there website before I bought them but obviously these have the persons company logo across them so unsure if you can do the same with these photos.

So long as you're not profiting from then, I don't see how they can complain?

I posted my pro Nurburgring pics online, never had an issue :)

So long as you're not profiting from then, I don't see how they can complain?

I posted my pro Nurburgring pics online, never had an issue :)

Just wasn't sure if it would be ok or not from what I was reading on there web page and wondering about copy rights etc, if you've had no problems I may risk it then :)

Will have to sort through them and get some posted up.

• 2 weeks later...
Those RS GT3s sound Nuts! Lovely pictures of your supra, amazing for a 20+ year old car how well it just blends in with the supra cars.

They sound awesome and wish I could afford one, sadly unless I win the lottery I don't think I will!

Thanks, yeah it never looked out of place against the other super cars and it got loads of attention while there :)

great photos! Nurburg is one of my goals for this year, looks like good fun :) !

Thanks, you will love it mate :) I've been wanting to go for some time now and so glad I did as it was an awesome experience, just walking around the car park seeing the massive mixture of expensive super cars was mind blowing! :blink: