The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Andrew`s Single turbo 6 speed V161 Build

Andrew K

Another little job I did at the weekend as it's been bugging me! Was fitting some small rubber parts that fit between the front wings and the scuttle panel and help keep the ends of the scuttle panel tight to the window screen, I've seen these on other supras but mine have always been missing! Yeah I know my scuttle panel has seen better days but I've bought a new one from Toyota so will be fitting that on in the near future.

attachment.php?attachmentid=211192&stc=1&d=1461177630

attachment.php?attachmentid=211194&stc=1&d=1461177630

attachment.php?attachmentid=211193&stc=1&d=1461177630

attachment.php?attachmentid=211195&stc=1&d=1461177630

attachment.php?attachmentid=211196&stc=1&d=1461177630

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

cya sunday hopefully Andrew :) :thumbs:

Yeah hopefully see you to mate and looking forward to see your supra in person.

Beautiful mate as per usual can't wait to see her on Sunday buddy

Thanks Lee looking forward to catching up on Sunday, bet yours will look just as good or even better after it's had its full detail Saturday.

Another little job I did at the weekend as it's been bugging me! Was fitting some small rubber parts that fit between the front wings and the scuttle panel and help keep the ends of the scuttle panel tight to the window screen, I've seen these on other supras but mine have always been missing! Yeah I know my scuttle panel has seen better days but I've bought a new one from Toyota so will be fitting that on in the near future.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=211192&stc=1&d=1461177630

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=211194&stc=1&d=1461177630

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=211193&stc=1&d=1461177630

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=211195&stc=1&d=1461177630

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=211196&stc=1&d=1461177630

Where did you get these mate? Mine also appear to be missing.

Very nice Andrew. Do you have the part numbers for the rubber as I lost one of mine a few years ago. Thank you.

Thanks, no sorry I haven't got the part numbers for these parts.

Where did you get these mate? Mine also appear to be missing.

I got these of a supra I was breaking at the time to use parts for my build I was doing.

Is that a kestral d6 if so its the same as what I use great bit of kit and thanks mate I won't be machining it though just a good polish and wax, wheels of detailed and sealed and arch liners and will try do the underneath as well

Not sure what the name of it is but on there website it's called a DAS-6 Dual Action Polisher, yeah it's a good bit of kit and easy to use.

Looks beautifully clean mate, look forward to having a look round this on Sunday :)

Cheers mate, looking forward to Sunday and also getting to meet a few of you.

Very nice Andrew, love the seats !

Thanks mate, seats were the first mod I ever done on the car and they are very comfortable :)

The engine bay looks great Andrew. :thumbs:

That turbo looks big :) :D

Thanks Luc :)

Bet next to your turbo it will look like a small snail! ;)

There's a few of us meeting up local mate if your interested. Seeing as your only 15 mins or so away

Where are you all meeting up? Would be good to go in a convoy with a few of you, I can go via Aylesbury then Buckingham or go up the M40 so let me know where mate.

I was planing on leaving mine just after 6am so I can be at silverstone shortly after 7am.

• 4 weeks later...

Not much of an update! but I know when I posted up about fitting these small rubber parts that fit between the front wings and the scuttle panel and help keep the ends of the scuttle panel tight to the window screen I was asked if I new part numbers etc, while I was ordering some more Oem parts from Steve Manley I enquired about these and you can still get them :blink: was expecting them to be discontinued but I was wrong.

Seal, FR Fender To

Part number is 53866-14030

Price was £5.24

attachment.php?attachmentid=211969&stc=1&d=1463515325

attachment.php?attachmentid=211970&stc=1&d=1463515325

image.jpg

image.jpg

Not much of an update! but I know when I posted up about fitting these small rubber parts that fit between the front wings and the scuttle panel and help keep the ends of the scuttle panel tight to the window screen I was asked if I new part numbers etc, while I was ordering some more Oem parts from Steve Manley I enquired about these and you can still get them :blink: was expecting them to be discontinued but I was wrong.

Seal, FR Fender To

Part number is 53866-14030

Price was £5.24

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=211969&stc=1&d=1463515325

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=211970&stc=1&d=1463515325

Thanks mate. Much appreciated!

• 4 months later...

Been a while since i updated my project thread and i should really keep it up to date more often! not a lot has changed with the car recently but i`m of to Germany in October and taking the supra, before i go i wanted it checked over to make sure it was fit for the journey so took it down to SRD so the guys could give it a good look over to make sure everything was 100% ok and do an oil change etc, also i`ve noticed some oil leaking near the rear of the gearbox so that`s being looked at also.

the report back was the shifter seal on the gearbox is leaking and the N/S/R caliper was binding, apart from that they said the rest of the car is mint and has no issues of what they could find. no oil leaks and still looks like the day it left SRD after having all the conversion done :)

here are some pictures of the car being stripped ready for the new shifter seal to be fitted.

attachment.php?attachmentid=214858&stc=1&d=1474735858

attachment.php?attachmentid=214859&stc=1&d=1474735858

attachment.php?attachmentid=214860&stc=1&d=1474735858

attachment.php?attachmentid=214861&stc=1&d=1474735858

Shifter rod had oil and dirt on it from where it has been leaking.

attachment.php?attachmentid=214862&stc=1&d=1474735858

New seal ready to go in and the last picture with it fitted.

attachment.php?attachmentid=214863&stc=1&d=1474735906

attachment.php?attachmentid=214864&stc=1&d=1474735906

image 124.jpg

image 121.jpg

image 118.jpg

image 120.jpg

image 119.jpeg

image 122.jpg

image 123.jpeg