The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Andrew`s Single turbo 6 speed V161 Build

Andrew K

Looking good :cool:

:thumbs:

Cheers mate

Brakes looks awesome, what is the minimum size of wheels you need with that size of brakes?

What do you have around your brake hose?

Thanks

Think if you have 18's or bigger they will fit ok but then I might be wrong as may be different for other types of wheel! I removed these AP brakes from a supra I broke for parts, they fit ok with my winter wheels which are 18" Rota's. My summer wheels are blitz technospeed's and they fit but look a lot more snug with not as much room around the caliber.

It's a cable protector of some sort and was on the car when I took them off, I re-used these and just bought new braided lines.

More progress :) it`s the attention to detail and small things about doing a build that Lee and the team don`t forget which is great, i never new about this bracket but they made me one up and fitted it :) thanks Guys.

Clutch line is all connected and they made a bracket to support it on the body same as the manual cars have.

new fuel filter is on and fuel lines finished.

attachment.php?attachmentid=202779&stc=1&d=1435940179

image 71.jpg

Just sat down to read this, read the 1st page and had to get an ice cold beer so I can read the rest, I love you attention to detail in all the bits you get your hands on mate

Thanks Lee for taking the time to read it all.

I'm a bit fussy when it comes to doing things like this, Once I start I don't like doing a job half hearted and like to get it 100% right as best I can. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Lee has been working on my dash and started doing the wiring etc and getting it back together, i had my Alpine KCA - 420i interface adaptor for ipod mounted behind the stereo on a shelf type thingy i made and that also had my active spoiler override device mounted on top of that, Lee had to modify it a bit because the bracket i used before was there because it was an auto, manual ones are a bit different so he sorted that out for me. :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=203041&stc=1&d=1436811298

Gauges have power to them now and are working, i know they aren`t everyone`s cup of tea but i like them.

attachment.php?attachmentid=203042&stc=1&d=1436811388

attachment.php?attachmentid=203043&stc=1&d=1436811388

image 76.jpg

image 77.jpg

image 78.jpg

I like the gauges mate very smart

Cheers bud :)

Great updates, I am currently looking at bigger brake kits as I've had a couple of lock ups with the abs delete so I would like to hear your feedback on the AP kit mate.

Thanks Kaan, yeah when I get my car back and get some miles under my belt I will let you know what they are like, not sure how long that will be though as my turbos not back from precision yet and don't know how much longer it will be either before its back with Lee.

• 4 weeks later...

Not an update on my build as Lee is still waiting on my turbo to come back from precision.

but recently i had someone do me a sketch of my supra and i had it framed at a local framing shop, picked it up today and really happy with the results so thought i`d share it with you guys. :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=203916&stc=1&d=1438886917

attachment.php?attachmentid=203918&stc=1&d=1438887306

image 81.jpg

image 82.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I had a message from Lee on Friday and it's the one i've been waiting for, the turbo is finally back with him at SRD :)

I've got a few more updates now, Lee and the team started mocking up the turbo pipework as it was going to be a bit tricky to do but managed to get it where it needed to go.

attachment.php?attachmentid=204194&stc=1&d=1439838132

attachment.php?attachmentid=204195&stc=1&d=1439838132

image 83.jpg

image 84.jpg