The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Andrew`s Single turbo 6 speed V161 Build

Andrew K

If it puts its power down well in the cold and wet you know it will be great in the dry! The test of a good fast road car set up is how it works in adverse conditions, get it sorted for wet weather and it will still be a dream in the dry. If it's too stiff it may be good but jarring in the dry, but a PITA in the wet. Take care and get it back in one piece :) I drive so many MKIV's these days that are total dogs due to being too low, too stiff, over wheeled and over tyred. Add on Far East rubber and the things can be simply dreadful.

Edited by Chris Wilson (see edit history)

If it puts its power down well in the cold and wet you know it will be great in the dry! The test of a good fast road car set up is how it works in adverse conditions, get it sorted for wet weather and it will still be a dream in the dry. If it's too stiff it may be good but jarring in the dry, but a PITA in the wet. Take care and get it back in one piece :) I drive so many MKIV's these days that are total dogs due to being too low, too stiff, over wheeled and over tyred. Add in Far East rubber and the things can be simply dreadful.

Thanks Chris I will try to get it home in one piece :)

Yes it will be a good test for the car to see if it's set up right and how it handles if there's rain, sleet or possible snow on the roads. The wheels are 18's wrapped in Goodyear eagle F1 tyres so hope they cope well, my shocks may be a little bit hard on the settings but sure I had them adjusted close to the softest setting possible when I fitted them from new.

Hopefully I will have some luck and the bad weather will miss all the places i'll be tomorrow.

Yeah its quite amazing what a simple difference between rock hard and soft suspension will do to a cars handling.

Im sure Lee will look after you. Enjoy the drive home I'm sure you will find some dry stretches you can have a little play. Do you have Syvecs with traction control setup? The system really is mint, I can put 1.5 bar down in mine in the wet and the syvecs manages to control it, very impressive tool. When I have it on lol

Yeah its quite amazing what a simple difference between rock hard and soft suspension will do to a cars handling.

Im sure Lee will look after you. Enjoy the drive home I'm sure you will find some dry stretches you can have a little play. Do you have Syvecs with traction control setup? The system really is mint, I can put 1.5 bar down in mine in the wet and the syvecs manages to control it, very impressive tool. When I have it on lol

Lee has refurbed my shocks and done all the Geo setup again for me so hopefully all is ok, yes I do have a syvecs but the car never had traction control so it's not linked up, I did speak to Lee regarding this and he said I should be ok and won't need it. Worse case if I do I need to get hold of some hubs with the sensors in and fit them on and wire it into the syvecs so I will then have traction control.

Lee has refurbed my shocks and done all the Geo setup again for me so hopefully all is ok, yes I do have a syvecs but the car never had traction control so it's not linked up, I did speak to Lee regarding this and he said I should be ok and won't need it. Worse case if I do I need to get hold of some hubs with the sensors in and fit them on and wire it into the syvecs so I will then have traction control.

Thats exactly what I did with mine but yeah with decent suspension setup (your in good hands with Lee) it will be fine. Your going to have the best day ever tomorrow, after you get over the paying the bill part :D

Looks so tidy, shame its got to go out in the rain

Thats exactly what I did with mine but yeah with decent suspension setup (your in good hands with Lee) it will be fine. Your going to have the best day ever tomorrow, after you get over the paying the bill part :D

Looks so tidy, shame its got to go out in the rain

Yeah that's what I'm thinking and will be a shame taking it out in the rain! just wish it was a nice sunny day so I can enjoy the drive back, either way I'm looking forward to it :) bill payment won't be to bad as I've been paying as we've been going along so I don't get one big bill at the end.

When you changed your hubs over did you just get hold of a good condition set and put them straight on or refurb them first?

You may be lucky mate, its sun all day near me so supra going out for its last play of the year before I pull the front off it to fix a few things.

Good second hand set hubs (be careful as mine were off a crashed car and one was bent) and need the rear drive shafts too as the ABS teeth are on that. Then a wiring loom needs making up to the ECU and may need digital convertors for the front pickups (you may get away with that if your S6Plus). Enjoy the car for now though and maybe do it at a later date.

When you start playing with the ECU you may want things like TC, launch control & rolling antilag as they are all mint toys to play about with.

You may be lucky mate, its sun all day near me so supra going out for its last play of the year before I pull the front off it to fix a few things.

Good second hand set hubs (be careful as mine were off a crashed car and one was bent) and need the rear drive shafts too as the ABS teeth are on that. Then a wiring loom needs making up to the ECU and may need digital convertors for the front pickups (you may get away with that if your S6Plus). Enjoy the car for now though and maybe do it at a later date.

When you start playing with the ECU you may want things like TC, launch control & rolling antilag as they are all mint toys to play about with.

I'm keeping an eye on the forecast so fingers crossed it misses the areas I'm going to be around tomorrow.

I may look into this at a later date but for now I'm going to enjoy the car for a bit like you said mate :) I'm not S6plus so hope that's not going to ruin it for me if i want to do this with the hubs! I would like to have the launch control and rolling antilag options to have a play around with.

I'm keeping an eye on the forecast so fingers crossed it misses the areas I'm going to be around tomorrow.

I may look into this at a later date but for now I'm going to enjoy the car for a bit like you said mate :) I'm not S6plus so hope that's not going to ruin it for me if i want to do this with the hubs! I would like to have the launch control and rolling antilag options to have a play around with.

yeah sorry to piss on your chips but you can't have all 3 without an IO expander. It can be done it's just more money

Any updates yet?

Snow & rain had stopped / gone by the time I got to SRD and the sun started to shine :) so had a nice drive back.

All the way home I had the biggest smile ever when I put my foot down and heard the turbo start spooling up and the feel of the car pulling off tomorrow what ever speed I was doing at the time, it feels insane and loved every minute of my drive home :D when I got home I had a cuppa and was straight back out in it for a good drive around so sorry the updates are a little late as not long been back, Roll on tomorrow and hopefully some more nice weather.

Yer come on Andy we need pics of how dirty she is when you get her home lol I'm just about to brave it and wash mine and dads lol

I washed our 2 daily's ; bring it over Andrew ;)

She's not that dirty to be honest Lee as it had pretty much dried up by the time I left SRD luckily :) it is a tad dirty but doubt it would show from any pics I'd take plus a bit dark now.

The way I was feeling on my drive back and just wanted to carry on Luc I think I would come over to yours to get it cleaned (even though it's not to bad) ;)

Snow & rain had stopped / gone by the time I got to SRD and the sun started to shine :) so had a nice drive back.

All the way home I had the biggest smile ever when I put my foot down and heard the turbo start spooling up and the feel of the car pulling off tomorrow what ever speed I was doing at the time, it feels insane and loved every minute of my drive home :D when I got home I had a cuppa and was straight back out in it for a good drive around so sorry the updates are a little late as not long been back, Roll on tomorrow and hopefully some more nice weather.

She's not that dirty to be honest Lee as it had pretty much dried up by the time I left SRD luckily :) it is a tad dirty but doubt it would show from any pics I'd take plus a bit dark now.

The way I was feeling on my drive back and just wanted to carry on Luc I think I would come over to yours to get it cleaned (even though it's not to bad) ;)

This it not good enough sir lol glad it was dry for you and iv just got in from cleaning mine Evan though it was only a half hearted snow foam and rise, I need a unit lol. Anyways we want pic tomorrow lol are you on faceballs if so pm me your full name mate

This it not good enough sir lol glad it was dry for you and iv just got in from cleaning mine Evan though it was only a half hearted snow foam and rise, I need a unit lol. Anyways we want pic tomorrow lol are you on faceballs if so pm me your full name mate

Sorry was enjoying the car to much :p I will hopefully be out in it tomorrow so will get some pics then for you :)

I'm not on faceballs but keep thinking I should get on there at some point.