The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Andrew`s Single turbo 6 speed V161 Build

Andrew K

Will make good numbers bud, cracking little turbo, im for a billet this time around :)

Yeah gona try document it all, and build something special with the help of Hodge. Can't wait :)

will watch yours with Interest :)

I hope so and can't wait to see what I'll get from all this when it's all fitted and running :eyebrows: I did think about getting a billet version but as I'm starting from scratch and I needed all the other bits! I thought I'd go for this kit then all I need to do is change the turbo if I want at a later date. ;)

Will be keeping a look out for your project when you start it and looking forward to seeing what you come up with. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Not a big update but finished painting the anti roll bar mounting brackets, while i was at it i gave the gearbox inspection covers a lick of paint to freshen them up :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=191625&stc=1&d=1411322248

one small thing that`s been bugging me is these grey clips that hold the wires in place on top of the coil packs! they are all brittle and fell apart at the slightest touch when i was trying to open them / remove them :( can`t buy these new either so had a hunt around and found these little black plastic mounting blocks, can hold them in place with a nut & bolt and then thread a zip tie through them so you can hold the coil pack loom wires in place. :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=191626&stc=1&d=1411322744

attachment.php?attachmentid=191627&stc=1&d=1411322744

attachment.php?attachmentid=191628&stc=1&d=1411322744

And finally after almost 7 months from the day i ordered it! :blink: my top secret gauge pod holder has arrived so now i can get on and fit the other gauges in place ready for when they get connected up.

attachment.php?attachmentid=191629&stc=1&d=1411323031

My supra project parts 002.jpg

My supra project parts 004.jpg

My supra project parts 005.jpg

My supra project parts 006.jpg

My supra project parts 008.jpg

Edited by Andrew K (see edit history)

For some reason rodents just LOVE those clips :) Are they not the same as the coil loom clips? I believe they are available still from Toyota. Lovely detailing!

Yeah the picture above is one of the clips that came of my coil packs, its the only one that survived! Thought I read a thread on here saying you couldn't get these new anymore, knowing me it was probably about some other type clips and not these. Will try toyota and see if they still do them, don't suppose your have or know the part number for these clips chris if there is one or not?

Wanted to start fitting my top secret gauge pod holder this weekend just gone but got a little carried away :rolleyes: with something else i`ve been wanting to do for ages! first was changing my rear lights (wiring) and doing the fog light conversion as from Pixelfill`s thread. :)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?80479-Fog-Light-Conversions-for-beginners&highlight=Fog+light+conversion

fog light switch mounted in the dash and wires joined on the back ready to connect up

attachment.php?attachmentid=191935&stc=1&d=1412016067

attachment.php?attachmentid=191936&stc=1&d=1412016067

Next i got all the wiring done with the 2 relays and made a small mounting bracket for them, i then made an alloy bracket so i could fix the 4 resistors to it so they would be held secure and not move around etc.

attachment.php?attachmentid=191937&stc=1&d=1412016424

attachment.php?attachmentid=191938&stc=1&d=1412016424

attachment.php?attachmentid=191939&stc=1&d=1412016424

then got it all fitted in place in the boot.

attachment.php?attachmentid=191940&stc=1&d=1412016591

attachment.php?attachmentid=191941&stc=1&d=1412016591

attachment.php?attachmentid=191942&stc=1&d=1412016591

this is how my lights used to be when they were on and when i put the brakes on!

attachment.php?attachmentid=191943&stc=1&d=1412016761

And after a bit of wiring they now look like this when the lights are on and when i brake :cool: looks so much better now, plus i now have 2 fog lights instead of 1.

attachment.php?attachmentid=191944&stc=1&d=1412016948

This is the fog light switch mounted and dash back in place and all working :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=191945&stc=1&d=1412017104

attachment.php?attachmentid=191946&stc=1&d=1412017104

My supra project parts 020.jpg

image.jpg

My supra project parts 004.jpg

My supra project parts 005.jpg

My supra project parts 001.jpg

My supra project parts 007.jpg

My supra project parts 010.jpg

My supra project parts 013.jpg

My supra project parts 011.jpg

My supra project parts 017.jpg

My supra project parts 019.jpg

My supra project parts 023.jpg

Edited by Andrew K (see edit history)

Another thing i`ve been meaning to do and thought now`s the best time seeming as my dash was apart was fix my active spoiler override device, the spoiler would go down ok when i pressed the button :) but when i pressed the button to make it go up it never worked :( not good when your approaching speed bumps etc! so took it all apart and replaced both the relays inside and now it`s working perfect.

attachment.php?attachmentid=191947&stc=1&d=1412017688

image1.jpg

tell you what is a nice touch... the double USB points in the cigarette lighter socket..... spill? where did you get the bits for that as I'm going to do it

You can get them on eBay mate, although the one I bought can't handle more than one phone being charged :rolleyes: bloody eBay!!

tell you what is a nice touch... the double USB points in the cigarette lighter socket..... spill? where did you get the bits for that as I'm going to do it

Ebay :-)

About 4 quid ha.

I've got one.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=181255719451

It's got a lil silver handle to help u pull it out.

Edited by kitch79 (see edit history)

To be honest I'm not sure, I always assumed my UK rears had separate brake and fog lights but I never actually checked.

Correct, UK rears only have one tail light and brake light each side as they have a fog light on the inner bulb location (resulting in the reverse light moving over one place).

Correct, UK rears only have one tail light and brake light each side as they have a fog light on the inner bulb location (resulting in the reverse light moving over one place).

Yeah, I know that :) But when I fitted J-spec facelift rears to the UK spec car, I'm sure they operated just as the OPs are now.