The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Flys NA-T - Getting there.

Fly

Just a quick update, I sourced a fitting kit to install my new fpr and delete the fuel pulsation damper at the same time. Hopefully that should be here by the weekend. I have also just purchased a stage 4 six puck competition clutch as it seemed a good deal, however I am now reading that you must use it with a competition flywheel annoying so have to source one of those now!!

Will update properly once the fpr is on and see if I can solve the lack of fuel in the engine

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rich, replied via pm.

Hi guys well at long last I have solved my under fuelling issue. I fitted an aeromotive fuel pressure regulator on advise from Austec racing, I also fitted a fuel pulsation damper whilst I was at it. Set the rail pressure for 3 bar and took her out . I now am massively overfuelling which can be solved. As soon as we hit boost the afrs go down to 8s , massively rich. You may be thinking why is this good but atleast I can get more boost/air in and map out some fuel.

The mot is up this month so the little jobs I've been putting off need doing. Need to get my fog light mod from heckler installed and get power to my electric seat . I rigged it up and the back adjusts but forward/backward just makes noise ,Need to check it out further .

Needless to say I'm chuffed to bits that's she's getting there

Rich, replied via pm.

Hi guys well at long last I have solved my under fuelling issue. I fitted an aeromotive fuel pressure regulator on advise from Austec racing, I also fitted a fuel pulsation damper whilst I was at it. Set the rail pressure for 3 bar and took her out . I now am massively overfuelling which can be solved. As soon as we hit boost the afrs go down to 8s , massively rich. You may be thinking why is this good but atleast I can get more boost/air in and map out some fuel.

The mot is up this month so the little jobs I've been putting off need doing. Need to get my fog light mod from heckler installed and get power to my electric seat . I rigged it up and the back adjusts but forward/backward just makes noise ,Need to check it out further .

Needless to say I'm chuffed to bits that's she's getting there

I'm chuffed for you mate. I've received my fuel dampener delete from Hodge too, nice bit of kit :) I've solved my oil return problem by the way!

You going to go for a remap then Nick at some point?

I would definitely adjust the tuning yourself for now. 10 is the lowest you should go on fueling map. And that's considered too much fuel in most applications. You can't drive on 8, that's insane.

Super good news though. Well pleased for you.

I'm coming up corby end of the month if your about?

Noz, yea i can feel her stutter as the cylinders are flooding with fuel, its soon as we hit 3k or boost. Im going to get the fog,seat and MOT sorted then continue to map her on the road. Ile get booked into Austec later on. But yea super good news atleast i have a starting point , i also sorted the map trace issue.

Yes!!!!!! All sorted today, set my boost controller up after fitting the fog and rebuilding my electric seat. On a separate not huge thanks to marksupra who produce a gear for me seat motor gearbox literally built it the same day he got the old one and had it back to me.

So I ave working electric seats!!!!!!

Anyway doi set up my boost not roller and reset my fuel pressure as it had dropped a little. Took her out boosting to 12 psi and all I can say is wow.....she screams and goes like a rocket....I have no Idea th current figures but she's awesome serious smile on your face territory.only minor problem is the stock six speed clutch is nt man enough, so waiting on my light weight flywheel to fitmy new clutch then hopefully the power should be right there!

It's taken enough time coming but she's developing into a brilliant car maybe not everyone's cup of tea but she's ace.

Now to meet to meet sone people,I've been annoyed tht the car as taken longer than expected and kept e away from a few meets.

I would post up a vid but it shows the speedo which is not ideal....needles to say my eyes were fixed on the road and not the speedo!!

This is not txt speak merely the inability to type on my iPad

Edited by Fly (see edit history)

Yea thanks mark. I installed and then found that the other side was gone too as only one rail moved so I just removed the linkage and the winder to allow the other rail to just slide. I don't understand why people replace the whole frame when it's easy to replace the gear.

Edit : made no sense as usual . Phone + fat fingers

Edited by Fly (see edit history)

There was another tick box hidden away in the parameters section. Big in trace but another tab I will have to look at the software to find exactly what it's called.

However I do think there may be an underlying issue with the fuel pump as setting 3 bar static pressure results in it eventually falling to one bar at idle after a run. However if I set the static pressure to 4-4.5 bar after a run at idle it sits at 3bar. I may be misunderstanding how the fpr works but this sounds like a pump issue.

To add I have also removed the charcoals canister to make some room in the bay for a little tank of goodness

yeh the lean section because i had the same issue at 3000 ish rpm reading 14s on afr goes 11 14 11 if that makes sense then goes full boost perfectly all the way up the revs, fuel systems stock on the car also your emansge blue also arent you?

I'm running emanage ultimate. My spike , and I'm pretty convinced now was coming from low fuel pressure and not getting enough fuel over 3k. If you are getting a spike but then the afrs go back down to normal I would look at adding fuel in that part of the map. Does the spike also happen at wot or mid throttle and what boost pressure are you running at 3k rpm?

right im using blue, and isnt that part of a closed loop accoding to the mapper? he couldnt change that part? and only happens if i say.am full throttle from 2k and when i hit 3kish i spike and then it clears and goes full boost if i part throttle it passes it and possibly 3psi?

• 3 months later...

Right just a little update. I haven't updated this thread in a while mainly because I was quite annoyed with the car.

Anyway she now has a new home, namely a hanger with loads of space.

Parts to fit now are:-

Aem water methanol .630 single jet , progressive controller, float switch, boost safe, going to fit into washer bottle 50/50 mix

Six puch comp clutch stage 4 for six speed and lightweight fly

Tt head gasket

Arp head bolts

New t61 turbo

New rear discs and calipers in white

Dot 5 fluid and new pads

25 row oil cooler

Oil temp gauge and sensor fitting for sump

I also have two trd bonnets to repair and paint in White, one cf one fiberglass just been repairing.

I have three days off next week so going to lock myself in the garage and get most of it done!!! Need yo get the girl finished as I'm going to race her in the RAF speed challenge next year and obviously just get some use out of her.

As I said she was purchased as a tinkering toy but I want some use out of her next year!!

I think I found the culprit of the fueling issue, I found the silicone hose on the pump had split so maybe that was causing a pressure drop. Who knows