The mkiv Supra Owners Club

'93 SZ Aero Manual NA-T

Josh42

I'm changing the gasket in preparation for phase 2 of the build which involves a gearbox upgrade to enable me to up the boost:)

As I say, will be a maximum of a bar id imagine, but will let Lyndon do his thing and find me a good setup which won't chew my W58 too quickly! Although, I have stockpiled a spare gearbox in anticipation.

I'm changing the gasket in preparation for phase 2 of the build which involves a gearbox upgrade to enable me to up the boost:)

As I say, will be a maximum of a bar id imagine, but will let Lyndon do his thing and find me a good setup which won't chew my W58 too quickly! Although, I have stockpiled a spare gearbox in anticipation.

I'm sticking with w58 too. It is much stronger than people seem to think looking at a fair few builds using the 58

As above, I will be using the boost by gear setting on my standalone along with a "box friendly clutch" to reduce the impact on my w58.

Ill just hope mine holds out then :)

Im getting a strong clutch but going to be lower than 400bhp so we will see.

So tempting to just wack the turbo on my existing engine and postpone my TT hg engine when people say about running the GE gasket to 400..I'm itching to get mine on!

Some good progress here josh, can't be far away really!! Going to be epic with that set up

As josh said hopefully the boost by gear function of the emu should keep the w58 in one bit for a while!

I know people who've broke more than one W58 whilst NA. Judging by the stories I am shocked mine is still alive! It's still spot on though - time will tell.

Remember Scott saying he broke more as an NA than with his turbo build.. And he drives it properly!

This weekend has been amazingly productive, partly due to the beautiful weather!

With the help of Rich.2211, whom I've known since school, the build has made great progress.

We fitted my billet oil return flange, cleaned out the head stud threads, fitted my ARP head studs, fitted a OEM TT headgasket, torqued the head down, fitted the cam shafts, new OEM waterpump, new OEM Oil pump and probably more which I've forgotten!

Next weekend I plan on timing the whole lot up, finishing the mechanical assembly of the engine and then preparing my old engine for pulling out.

Here are a couple of pics, few more to follow tomorrow.

Please excuse the photos, it had gone dark by the time I finished, however, oil pump, water pump and cams fitted. I've also fitted by billet oil return flange.

All has come together rather well so hopefully next weekend I can have the engine timed up, sump refitted and start bolting on ancillaries.

Also, my Siemens DEKA 650cc injectors have arrived from the USA.

Look to be a quality bit of kit and are supplied with plug and play looms.

• Josh42 changed the title to '93 SZ Aero Manual NA-T