The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who has (or is doing) an NA-T on the forum?

d-_-b

I don't think n/a pistons with t.t headgasket is squish over-size buddy.

People have been running it solidly and reliably for ages and you can push more boost than with the standard n/a with n/a compression.

It is buddy lol but you can still achieve 500bhp with ease! Basicly what you have to think about is your using a thicker headgasket so that means the head sits further away from the block which affects the squish!

The only way your going to keep the stock squish level is by keeping the stock GE headgasket.

But this method of TT headgasket and GE pistons has proven to work really well so I wouldn't worry about it ;)

I'm only thinking about it as I don't want to have too low of a compression as well as a bad squish!

Edited by FOSTA (see edit history)

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

NA pistons with BL 2.5mm gasket is the win imo, that's what k0r3an used in the states and got some very big numbers from and certainly the route i'd go which is more than enough for most.

Was he running on pump fuel mate? Just as I've seen loads in the states running 600+bhp with just the TT pistons fitted but they are running on E85 fuel.

I'm currently NA-T got the Boostlogic head gasket that Dans mentioned fitted too. Just need to get the car mapped now with Ryan in the coming weeks.

2.5mm? I know its not mapped but what dose it feel like to drive off boost mate and what compression do you think your at?

Cheers dude ;)

Was he running on pump fuel mate? Just as I've seen loads in the states running 600+bhp with just the TT pistons fitted but they are running on E85 fuel.

have a read of his build thread mate - http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?529562-getting-boosted!

lovely clean NA-T

Edited by Dan_Turism0 (see edit history)

2.5mm? I know its not mapped but what dose it feel like to drive off boost mate and what compression do you think your at?

Cheers dude ;)

To be honest mate I haven't driven a stock NA in a while so it would be hard to compare. But off boost it seems fine haven't noticed a massive difference. According to Boostlogic the compression should be in the 8:5:1 range. So you can run quite a bit of boost with it. I got it after seeing good results on club NA-T with pump fuel.

Here's a link to the hg I got. :)

http://www.boostlogic.com/catalog/p140788/Boost-Logic-2.5mm-Head-Gasket-Toyota/Lexus-2JZ-/product_info.html

NA-T

1. tkddav3

2. -welsh-stealth-

3. Gixer_81

4. FOSTA

5. Abtin90

6. Noz

NA-T builds:

1. d[-_-]b

2. caineoo

3. Josh42

4. Rich.2211

5. FOSTA ( currently building a second NA-t engine, aiming for around 600+ bhp with this one)

6. -welsh-stealth- (also on the 600bhp+ engine NA-T build band wagon. Man cave/shed build)

7. Pulley , 350-400bhp , 600bhp+ on second engine+box

Hummmm I might just do the TT pistons and TT headgasket combo then and if its terrible I can just change the HG back to GE or somthing inbetween.

I'm getting the head itself skimmed anyways so that its true, so that will heighten the the compression slightly.

Hummmm I might just do the TT pistons and TT headgasket combo then and if its terrible I can just change the HG back to GE or somthing inbetween.

I'm getting the head itself skimmed anyways so that its true, so that will heighten the the compression slightly.

Why not go with GE hg and TT pistons first and then change the headgasket if you want to lower the compression more later. Dr Jekyll made over 500bhp with TT pistons and said it was really nice to drive off boost

I don't think n/a pistons with t.t headgasket is squish over-size buddy.

People have been running it solidly and reliably for ages and you can push more boost than with the standard n/a with n/a compression.

It's generally accepted that when the piston to cylinder head clearance exceeds 1.5mm the squish effect is severely diminished.

These figures have been gleaned from technical information linked in the thread, if you know better please enlighten us?

T.T. pistons with T.T. head-gasket = static compression 8.1:1 ~ Capacity for more boost than bottom end can take and give a laggy launch ~ Squish 3.25mm

T.T. pistons with N/A head-gasket = static compression 9.0:1 ~ Good for 2 Bar (99 RON) ~ Squish 1.14mm (750? bhp)

N/A pistons with T.T. head-gasket = static compression 9.2:1 ~ Good for 1.8 Bar (99 RON) ~ Squish 2.15mm (700? bhp)

N/A pistons with N/A head-gasket = static compression 10:1 ~ Good for 1 Bar (99 RON) ~ Squish 1.14mm (500? bhp)

Edited by David P (see edit history)

great start to this topic with lots of good info already from builders to prospective builders. Good news though as my Westfield has just driven away so im now in the market for a Supra to go NA-T. Keeping beedy eyes on this subject.

It's generally accepted that when the piston to cylinder head clearance exceeds 1.5mm the squish effect is severely diminished.

These figures have been gleaned from technical information linked in the thread, if you know better please enlighten us?

T.T. pistons with T.T. head-gasket = static compression 8.1:1 ~ Capacity for more boost than bottom end can take and give a laggy launch ~ Squish 3.25mm

T.T. pistons with N/A head-gasket = static compression 9.0:1 ~ Good for 2 Bar (99 RON) ~ Squish 1.14mm (750? bhp)

N/A pistons with T.T. head-gasket = static compression 9.2:1 ~ Good for 1.8 Bar (99 RON) ~ Squish 2.15mm (700? bhp)

N/A pistons with N/A head-gasket = static compression 10:1 ~ Good for 1 Bar (99 RON) ~ Squish 1.14mm (500? bhp)

Ah thanks for explaining :D

not sure that you'd want to go as high as 500bhp on the n/a - n/a combination??

Or were you putting it there as a guide?

Ah thanks for explaining :D

not sure that you'd want to go as high as 500bhp on the n/a - n/a combination??

Or were you putting it there as a guide?

Will be boosting mine to .95 Bar soon.

The bhp 'round numbers' are there because that's what folks want to know.

At the boost pressures given, each configuration would be around 18:1 dynamic compression.

Will be boosting mine to .95 Bar soon.

The bhp 'round numbers' are there because that's what folks want to know.

At the boost pressures given, each configuration would be around 18:1 dynamic compression.

Ah i see.

Interesting to see how that goes :)

Will it be realiable at that bar?

GE combustion chamber (head, gasket, piston) 55.5cc

+ GTE head gasket extra 6.04cc Gives .085”(2.15mm) squish

= 61.54cc = 9.12: 1

GE combustion chamber (head, gasket, piston ) 55.5cc

+ GTE piston extra 6.7cc Gives std GE squish .045"(1.14mm)

= 62.2cc = 9.03: 1

GTE combustion chamber (head, gasket, piston) 66.6cc

+ GE piston minus 6.7cc Gives std GTE squish .055"(1.4mm)

= 59.9cc = 9.34: 1

Great picture and measurement explain all questions.well done:notworthy

Top and bottom of it is TT pistons and TT headgasket combo have been tried and tested a few times and because of it resulting in a lower compression than a stock TT and with it also affecting squish! It's apparanty too slugish off boost.

TT pistons - GE head gasket is good for 500bhp on pump fuel

TT head gasket - GE pistons is good for 500bhp on pump fuel

So if we are wanting a good responsive 600bhp NA-t we need somthing along the lines of TT pistons and a headgasket inbetween the stock thickness of the GE and TT. I'm thinking around 0.9-1mm of thinkness. ? :Dbest way tt piston gte hg 1.3mill but take off 2 multilayer :1.0mill best compromise

NA-T

1. tkddav3

2. -welsh-stealth-

3. Gixer_81

4. FOSTA

5. Abtin90

6. Noz

NA-T builds:

1. d[-_-]b

2. caineoo

3. Josh42

4. Rich.2211

5. FOSTA ( currently building a second NA-t engine, aiming for around 600+ bhp with this one)

6. -welsh-stealth- (also on the 600bhp+ engine NA-T build band wagon. Man cave/shed build)

7. Pulley , 350-400bhp , 600bhp+ on second engine+box

8. Buster , 400-450bhp