The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who has (or is doing) an NA-T on the forum?

d-_-b

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi im currently running over 1 years with na-t ,build self last year 507hp back wheel.now engine out from car and everything check and done some different mod:D

What is your set up pal?

GTE pistons? GTE head gasket, cams?

I see you have a FFIM fitted there.

Also what boost are you running?

Cheers fella :thumbs:

bring on the na-t boys. will be good to see more guys challenge the tt single lads for powerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Mate I think I'm passing your way in the next few weeks as I'm going to pick up a bonnet, so if you pm me your postcode and your free and its not too far out the way ill pop past and you can take me out for a blast of 600bhp goodness and ill service your wife while I'm at it :D

Mate I think I'm passing your way in the next few weeks as I'm going to pick up a bonnet, so if you pm me your postcode and your free and its not too far out the way ill pop past and you can take me out for a blast of 600bhp goodness and ill service your wife while I'm at it :D

yeah buoyyyy! aha sounds like a plan mate, hopefully the supra will be back on the road by then. if not feel free to pop in for a nose around and a cuppa ;)

PM INBOUND!

hahaha and hands off her! you slut

:Dhi first setup* 2.0mill steel head gasket,550ccm denso inj,clutch ceramic stage 4,turbo t4 70 ar,ecu aem ems v2 bost 0.8-430hp,1.0-478hp,1.1-507hp.I'm tested more boost max 2.0bar but engine dies high temp and compression.now gte piston,gte head gasket 1.3mil,strong oil pump ,gte engine wire loom+blitz ecu.will be done next mont if everithing ok;)

NA-T

1. tkddav3

2. -welsh-stealth-

3. Gixer_81

4. FOSTA

NA-T builds:

1. d[-_-]b

2. caineoo

3. Josh42

4. Rich.2211

5. FOSTA ( currently building a second NA-t engine, aiming for around 600+ bhp with this one)

6. -welsh-stealth- (also on the 600bhp+ engine NA-T build band wagon. Man cave/shed build)

7. Pulley , 350-400bhp , 600bhp+ on second engine+box

Racestyle is also NA-T and has a second NA engine with GTE pistons waiting to go in so expect some decent numbers there ;)

Get him heading this way dude!! : D Am trying to make sure all the NA-T peeps at least know of the thread 1st hand so they "maybe" favourite it. Maybe... :lol:

Hopefully will have something sorted with a "group" on here at some point so can get something going in there :)

thought i'd throw this up 704Americanwhp on the stock block just with a thicker HG ;)

His build thread - http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?529562-getting-boosted!

He is now going 3.4 stroker while keeping 10:1 compression

Nice one, cheers Dan :thumbs: Might have to amend the 1st page to "Members build threads" and a more general NA-T build threads as that one was a good read! :)

:shrug:

Ok I must be getting somthing wrong here.

I'm fitting GTE pistons and as far as I'm aware members in the states that have fitted both GTE pistons and GTE head gasket have said that it drops the compression too low resulting in the car being really sluggish off boost.

So am I right in thinking the stock GTE headgasket is 1.3mm uncompressed?

If so that's too thick for me.

I'm wanting to skim the head slighting so I know the face is true, so with me skimming the head I don't want to use the stock GE head gasket as if I'm correct I'm sure its 0.3mm uncompressed. So this will give me a compression that is still abit high for 600bhp.

I want somthing inbetween.

In a nut shell I want the car to run as smooth as possible so nice and responsive off boost and like a anamal on boost :)

Cheers

Edited by FOSTA (see edit history)

well,software exist for calculating compression /boost.high compression quick reaction with low boost of 0.5bar after start detonation.your target 600hp definitly needs low compression piston for more boost 1.3bar maybe 1.5bar.one turbo 61ar smooth and quick reaction.sorry my English google translate. If you have high compression you have a high chance that the head gasket or head blow.after I find some pictures from my destroyed head 2.0bar:innocent: