The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who has (or is doing) an NA-T on the forum?

d-_-b

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

its working now mate, im using it to try and find the exact lenght of hose i will need for the oil return and feed.. :thumbs:

Cool, would imagine one of the guys on here could give you a rough idea on length depending in how you were planning on running them :)

The only problem I have with that site is half the pictures don't work!!

I bought this:

image.jpg

It was described as a toyota soarer return line for a t61 so I took a gamble but the hose itself is only about 8" 9" long.. The flanges and fittings all look ok so I'm just going to replace the hose but Haven't found the answer yet.. I will be using xs mani

Cheers

Found some good info on fuel injectors. 1987-1991 RX 7 Turbo II are high imp top feed injectors so drop straight into the GE fuel rail.

Purple top are 550 CC Red are 460CC

have an oval bottom.

P.S i found this after realising the 440s i have from a tt will not fit,,,becuase they are side feed...muppet

Yea i read the 7m jets fit but require a resistor or some electrical trickery to not burn the ECU. TBH i hvaent really looked into it i was looking more at direct plu and play. I did have a nice read of a flow test that was done on here of the stock NA injectors by variying the fuel rail pressure by way of FPR , very good read and makes me think that even the guys with entry level kits (no mods to head gasket) could up there fuel pressure and keep the stock 8 psi to push more than 300 bhp without too much fear. obvioulsy the better solution here is to get bigger injkectors rather than rape the stock 330s but is a nice theory

If you go for the ones i have just mentioned they dont require a resistor pack where as the 7ms do.....Would like some info from the 7m side though is this purley a resistor soldered in somewhere or is it a complicated matter.

I have also updated in the technical section of club NAT on here with reference to boosting to 1 BAR on stock head gasket i thought we were risking the engine with anything over 8 psi or is the reason we are limiting to 300 bhp because of our weedy 330s?

Searching Club NAT as we speak. I am more confused about boost levels with the stock head gasket and what limits the boost, be it compression ratio or weedy jets. Keep seeing figures of 1 bar banded about with stock compression and uprated jets

Searching Club NAT as we speak.

Good man :thumbs:

I am more confused about boost levels with the stock head gasket and what limits the boost, be it compression ratio or weedy jets. Keep seeing figures of 1 bar banded about with stock compression and uprated jets

I believe its mainly the compression is mainly the limiting factor of how much boost can be run...

Compression: (Taken from 2JZ NA-T basics post) - available in the links sections of the Club NA-T group:

"10:1 compression limits you to around 7-8psi without fiddling with your ignition timing (stock timing has a big "spike" of advance around 4000-4500rpms that will cause detonation if running more than 8-9psi and the base timing is not retarded 3-4 degrees)"

That's why to run the higher boost you need to lower the compression ratio, either via TT pistons or thicker head gasket.

Very true, but by winding back the ignition what can we run. If your going this way you are bound to be running some sort of piggy back able to controll fueling and ignition so the timing spike should easily be mapped out. I know im probably asking a big and grey area question that will require a few formula and math. Or failing that a spare NA motor :)

I am also pulling the quote from club NAT on here that says GE head gasket + ge pistons = 1 bar boost 500bhp?? was this a guess or has this been done and on what fuel?

Well from what i have found on club NA-T and plenty of other sites, the 7M jets are really not worth the hastle they are only 440cc so not a huge improvement over stocks and require quite a bit of wiring though i cannot find a diagram or How too as of yet still searching though.

Best option by far seems to be RX7 jets : - 89-91 13BT high oval center 550cc purple 195500-2020

Drop in, plug in and off you pop. Now is there going to be an ebay bidding war on these monkeys??

Well from what i have found on club NA-T and plenty of other sites, the 7M jets are really not worth the hastle they are only 440cc so not a huge improvement over stocks and require quite a bit of wiring though i cannot find a diagram or How too as of yet still searching though.

Best option by far seems to be RX7 jets : - 89-91 13BT high oval center 550cc purple 195500-2020

Drop in, plug in and off you pop. Now is there going to be an ebay bidding war on these monkeys??

If you are going towards big power, then yes the 440's would be superfluous as the 550's would be much more suited. However for the 300-450ish range I would imagine 550's would be a bit OTT and so the 440's are more suited.

I believe the 330's can do quite well up towards 400bhp but they reach their max cycle and so thats when the 440's come into play.

I dont think the in-line resistor setup is massivly complex, would just be nice to know what exactly is required to do it. - Think the 440 injectors are easier to come across than the rex 550's?