The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suprapod 2013 update, add name if interested

TT Paul

Chris, even at £80 per person we need to hit at least 70 competitors to come close to breaking even. We cannot even get to 70 competitors at Suprapod which is £60 per competitor so I think we are taking a big risk with club funds when we got to 10 competitors above and maybe the same on gtr.co.uk.

If Javelin had shifted on the price we may have considered it, but that appeared to be no go.

It could be we invade a Shakespear Raceway RWYB instead.

Fair point - Even if we get the GTR owners club and Sky Insurance involved would we still not get enough to cover it?

I like the idea of the Shakespear Raceway :)

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair point - Even if we get the GTR owners club and Sky Insurance involved would we still not get enough to cover it?

I like the idea of the Shakespear Raceway :)

Each year we put SupraPod to other clubs including the GTR Owners Club, none of them were interested. Sky Insurance helped us just about break even last year, so for an event with a even higher outlay it is one hell of a risk.

Each year we put SupraPod to other clubs including the GTR Owners Club none of them were interested. Sky Insurance helped us just about break even last year, so for an event with a even higher outlay it is one hell of a risk.

Shame really, Such a great event and was very well organised :) Even with the heavy shower last year the track was soon cleared up ready for more cars.

Each year we put SupraPod to other clubs including the GTR Owners Club, none of them were interested. Sky Insurance helped us just about break even last year, so for an event with a even higher outlay it is one hell of a risk.

GTROC are very interested, I got 18 names without much effort.

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/173792-standing-1-2-mile-circuit-event-woodbridge.html

Will Shakespear let us book a day just for us?

The GTR guys are usually keen on events like this and could really be interested in santa pod for a joint event..

Edit... Just seen Steve's post.

Shakespear have a limited number of days they can run, they have to maximise revenue and so wont let us do exclusive hire. We have tried.

So we could use their RWYB.

Santa Pod also do RWYB but they are rammed solid with saxos and novas and you get 3 or 4 runs at the best while the stuff you left beside the track gets ransacked!!

we can still try and get people to go i would pop up with you maybe more

could post it up in meets section each time people go up

That sounds like a good plan mate!

Shakespear have a limited number of days they can run, they have to maximise revenue and so wont let us do exclusive hire. We have tried.

So we could use their RWYB.

Santa Pod also do RWYB but they are rammed solid with saxos and novas and you get 3 or 4 runs at the best while the stuff you left beside the track gets ransacked!!

At least I'll be beating something then! :D

Nice plan - To be fair you will find stock TT quick.

Chris, you do know Adam was being TT's in his NA? :D

Adam, kill yourself now if you're considering taking advice from Chris!!

Ps. I really like the Shakespeare county idea!

Me too!

The only trouble with that thread is if you don't have a Supra it seems you are not welcome to get involved.
I hope that's not the case, we aren't like other clubs & not what I'd expect.