The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Dark Knight Supra

Littler

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm being boring but this is a lovely clean car she needs treating to a manual box!!!! (I no you have one :) ) I'm a fan of westys for that very reason! Clean car and manual! Every time I take friends to events it's always the same conversation why on earth have a lovely car and it be auto.

Its funny you mention that, I may have driven a 700BHP 6 speed literally less than a week ago and loved it!!! :sly:

I'm being boring but this is a lovely clean car she needs treating to a manual box!!!! (I no you have one :) ) I'm a fan of westys for that very reason! Clean car and manual! Every time I take friends to events it's always the same conversation why on earth have a lovely car and it be auto.

Because the quickest cars on the planet are autos :D

Manual FTW!:D

:D

I somehow missed your thread in the beginning.

Great work has gone into your Supra. The single spec list is impressive.

Good luck.

Cheers :)

The fastest cars..... In straight lines! Why do you people hate corners?!? WHY!!!!

:rlol:

Because we are straight! and not bent

:D

:gayfight:

It seriously boils my blood when people knock the autobox... stock box drives lovely but yeah has restrictions on power! good in traffic. When you start to mention Built boxes and TC, people still knock it! with a single turbo you have pretty much built a weapon on the road.

6 speeds are great and take huge power but also carry high prices tags for things like clutches and the initial cost to go 6 speed. If i had gone 6 speed from the start i wouldnt prob moan as i love manual cars. Perhaps i aint been in a nice 6 speed supra which dont sound like a tin of bolts when the clutch is not engaged.

It seriously boils my blood when people knock the autobox... stock box drives lovely but yeah has restrictions on power! good in traffic. When you start to mention Built boxes and TC, people still knock it! with a single turbo you have pretty much built a weapon on the road.

6 speeds are great and take huge power but also carry high prices tags for things like clutches and the initial cost to go 6 speed. If i had gone 6 speed from the start i wouldnt prob moan as i love manual cars. Perhaps i aint been in a nice 6 speed supra which dont sound like a tin of bolts when the clutch is not engaged.

I know what you mean, if I do go 6 speed I'll never knock the auto box as I love it, it's perfect for a GT car (definitely on dragon ball!), and I really enjoyed the 6 speed I drove the other day :)

When it comes to built boxes I had the same reaction when I was talking about my initial plan and it got knocked, but if you compare the 6 speed to a built auto for power comparison (for the street, so not with a massive hi-stall) it simply comes down to your preference and how you want to drive.

Now I think the perfect answer is for Lee to come up with a Stage 5 box with a dual clutch paddle shift setup ;)

The arm rests arrived today, the quality looks very good :)

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=164385&stc=1&d=1360966003

Do they just literally glue on top of the existing?

Got to sort my handbrake cover out tomorrow but it is a great fit, if a little tight. The quality I agree seems to be very good & smells lovely!! Reminds me of when I was little one & go to my Dad's leather factory!