The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Dark Knight Supra

Littler

+3 for the CW's!

If I had a garage I would have brought them in a heart beat! My wheels have to take a battering as they are outside so no point for me.

Personally think your current wheels look awesome, great aggressive looking setup!!

Cheers dude, don't get me wrong I love the wheels I have but I'm also thinking of function and as I'm adding power having a little more tyre/sidewall on the rear can only help (on the dry days anyway lol). I'd be the same though if I couldn't garage mine the wheels would just be a waste if it sat and took all weather :(

I love the trafficstars now mate, cost me a fortune for them. I nearly went ccw classic drap pack but glad I never now as the brakes wouldn't fit lol

The wheels you have look great! Good width too on the rears IIRC, so plenty of rubber to help with the grip!

That's a point do the classics or LM20's clear UK brakes without needing a spacer or is it only jspecs? With the Advans the design allows for big brakes (Jamie had his Brembo's fitted behind these)

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Said it before and ill say it again. Car looks great mate, real credit to you. Going to be a stealth runner once she's finished (if that word can even be used in the same phrase when referring to Supras)

Cheers :)

You done your arm rests yet Adam?

Not had chance yet, hopefully will get it done next weekend

Picked these up today, grabbed these from Branners a while a go and have finally got them painted so the side skirts will coming off soon, really pleased how the plastics have come up and the colour match is spot on :)

(please ignore the teddy bear as I was at my Parents lol)

Before:

attachment.php?attachmentid=163163&d=1358592291

After:

attachment.php?attachmentid=165082&stc=1&d=1362068186

attachment.php?attachmentid=165083&stc=1&d=1362068186

attachment.php?attachmentid=165084&stc=1&d=1362068186

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

Edited by Littler (see edit history)

As work got changed around a bit this week I thought I'd do a few of the jobs I need to do on the Supra, so the move to the stock body has started, haven't finished it but the spats and skirts are removed.

Also thanks to a few special products I have none of the paint has been removed by the spats sticky pads :D

It's getting to how I want it to look now and can't wait until Baldy has his way with it later in the year :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=165305&stc=1&d=1362432637

attachment.php?attachmentid=165306&stc=1&d=1362432637

attachment.php?attachmentid=165307&stc=1&d=1362432637

attachment.php?attachmentid=165308&stc=1&d=1362432637

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 4.JPG

So come on spill the beans....what tricks did you use ??

Apart from mopping the death out of it ?!

Mopping actually isn't the main part as its the work up to it that counts, used AS Tardis and a heat gun to soften/loosen the pads and eased the spats off (generally leaves more on the car as the pads are soft, this is where people pull the paint off as they haven't done enough for the spats to be removed safely). Then using a heat gun and a very thin flexible piece of plastic I removed most of the pad thats left (note as this point I am yet to actually touch the paint work :) ). Once that's all done I sprayed AS tardis on the remaining, left it to do it's magic (basically removes the stickyness so to speak) and a blast with the pressure washer later and the residue is gone :D

Now this is where the skilled bit comes in, basically as they have bin on for 18 years it has left lines on the paint but after getting the paint depth gauge out I realised that they are not deep at all, so I wet sanded the paint then polished it up :)

It definitely looks worse before it gets better :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=165336&stc=1&d=1362509109

attachment.php?attachmentid=165322&stc=1&d=1362495570

Looking good mate....now, what about the inside :;

It's on the list lol

I demand a pic from further away with the while car in it!:p

Once I've given the car a clean then I'll do some proper ones with the new look ;)

photo 1.JPG

Got a couple of things done tonight, moved onto the interior and have stripped the dash out and going to re-paint it using plasti-dip for a stock looking finish and will also be fitting the arm rest covers. Should keep me busy over the weekend :)

Also placed an order with Si (heckler) for a little something I'm working on, if all goes to plan it will look awesome :D