The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Dark Knight Supra

Littler

Hummm I feel really silly now as my thread title i picked is pritty much the same :/

Fantastic work buddy and loving the sup! Black cars rule! :thumbs:

It was your thread title that reminded me that I hadn't updated my thread in a while lol

But cheers :) And yeah black car's rule! :D

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
What's the difference between the J spec and UK spec numberplate holder mate!?

The UK holder sits flusher to the bumper and looks neater, the Jspec sticks out and looks separate to the bumper, this is a UK holder:

attachment.php?attachmentid=163192&d=1358598528

You can see it's quite neat with the bumper.

The jspec has a sort of extra section, I can't find a good enough pic to compare at the mo but if you look at your car and compare the holder to mine you will see what I mean :)

Edited by Littler (see edit history)

The car is with Chris Wilson having the brakes changed, suspension & geo changed/optimised and a few other little niggles that I want doing, don't think I'll be picking it up anytime soon given the weather :D

Need to decide the route I want to take with the car in terms of power as once the above is done the car will be setup for taking the power and putting it down well :eyebrows:

The car is with Chris having the brakes changed, suspension/geo changed and optimised and a few other little niggles that I want doing, don't think I'll be picking it up anytime soon given the weather :D

Need to decide the route I want to take the car in terms of power as once the above is done the car with be setup for taking the power and putting it down well :eyebrows:

I thought you were going single then I can your BPU bits (for free).

H.

I thought you were going single then I can your BPU bits (for free).

H.

Haha :D

I was and have most of the parts but since getting the GTR/997 bug I'm not sure, the Supra will be getting an overhaul (due to it becoming a demo car) but the power level isn't as important in my mind as it used to be. I've been spending all day today looking at different specs for the car, the favourite for me seems to be to maximise a 62mm turbo rather than the 6766 i have, main reason is I really like the power/torque that Dave has achieved on Paul's B362 turbo:

attachment.php?attachmentid=174500&stc=1&d=1378046348

And I'm pretty sure after going on dragonball I'll want more power in the Supra again! :D

Adam this is the first ive actually seen your car and it looks immaculate mate, stunning example and some nice progress! :thumbs:

Cheers dude :thumbs:

dynosheet.jpg

Cheers :)

Again this will depend on what I decide with the power, I have the 6 speed box in the garage but also love how the auto drives, if anything big power wise an SRD built box is pretty much definite.

Honestly mate a built auto is definately worth getting. For the power they can take vs acceleration is a win win.

Honestly mate a built auto is definately worth getting. For the power they can take vs acceleration is a win win.

I've been in John's single auto and that drives very nicely, but not been in a built auto would like to see the difference, so will need to nick a passenger ride in yours at a meet sometime ;)

Cheers :)

Again this will depend on what I decide with the power, I have the 6 speed box in the garage but also love how the auto drives, if anything big power wise an SRD built box is pretty much definite.

Nice to have the option available with manual or auto. Done a cracking job so far mate, such a clean example

Nice to have the option available with manual or auto. Done a cracking job so far mate, such a clean example

Cheers dude :)

Will be dropping you a PM at some point soon as I'm cleaning the engine bay up a bit so some DAW polished pulley's and caps will be in order

No worrys mate im only a pm away if you need help with anything. If you get the under bonnet looking anything like the exterior then im in trouble :)

Ha it will take me a very long time to even get 20% of what you have achieved in my bay, but the engine bay is where I need to clean up the most, particularly the intake manifold and turbo pipes (if I stay BPU) their finish is to dull and rough for my liking.