The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Dark Knight Supra

Littler

Nice list Adam....why Virtual Works intake manifold over say Hypertune!?

I'm going for function in the bay (as well as form lol) and I'm looking at keeping the PAS tank and fuse box where they are and iirc the Greddy plenum doesn't allow the room and neither does the hyper tune (but not 100% about the hyper tune). Also they have very good results from the virtual works manifold on setups involving the 6766. Given this was on supraforums but even if the power figures are questionable the same dyno showed a good power difference. Will try and find the thread that explains my reasoning but the hypertune isn't out of the question just need to do a bit more digging :)

Edited by Littler (see edit history)

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CW did have a lot to say regarding that particular test mate...think the conclusion was the standard twin bosch 044 set up that many singles use would be better than one of these 455s!? Should be the same thread on here you got that graph from!?

Yep it's in the same thread, thats why I listed the twin setup as it has proven the results many times with the builds on here

I'm going for function in the bay (as well as form lol) and I'm looking at keeping the PAS tank and fuse box where they are and if iirc the Greddy plenum doesn't allow the room and neither does the hyper tune (but not 100% about the hyper tune). Also they has good very good results from the virtual works manifold on setups involving the 6766. Given this was supraforums but even if the power figures are questionable the same dyno showed a power difference. Will try and find the thread that explains my reasoning but the hypertune isn't out of the question just need to do a bit more digging :)

Ok mate...I'll look forward to the conclusion of the "digging". Interesting reading ahead I feel.:thumbs:

Whats wrong with the new Walbro 450?

Wouldn't say anything is wrong with it, just going on what Chris said as the the smaller Walbro has a smaller motor which runs at a higher rate and heats the fuel up (by how much I couldn't tell you though) and the bosch is bigger with a bigger motor and doesn't need to run at as higher rate, hope that makes sense? lol

Im only saying all this because Dads just had a Walbro 450 fitted - It would be a shame if it wasnt that good. Thats why I was asking whats wrong with it? George1200 has the Walbro 450 and he said he's had no issues and cant even hear it. So hope all will be okay :)

I'm sure you will be fine, I'm just trying to future proof myself in terms of if I go for more power etc :)

Also Steve mentioned on his twin setup the fuel pressure dropped near the top end at around 700BHP with a single bosch so I don't want to think I'm pushing anything to it's limit so I'm popping 2 in there

Yeah mate, we did. I'd go with Chris Wilsons opinion on this all day! Chris, read the thread they're talking about, and I'll explain the detail when I see you if you're interested

Wouldn't say anything is wrong with it, just going on what Chris said as the the smaller Walbro has a smaller motor which runs at a higher rate and heats the fuel up (by how much I couldn't tell you though) and the bosch is bigger with a bigger motor and doesn't need to run at as higher rate, hope that makes sense? lol

Totally agree on above. Chris only had good things to say about Bosch and their overall quality, tried and tested. Running dual pumps is a risk too surely unless you can actively monitor them in case one of them goes on the blink. Then again Syvecs I suppose will pick ups any lean running.

Adam - only just read this entire thread mate. I knew your car was stunning seeing it at Dynodaze, but great transformation and some lovely future proofing too bud. The HKS TI rocks doesn't it!:) A credit to you mate and of course Lee P. God perhaps I should rethink America and have my Twins installed!

Look forward to having a play with you on Dragonball - the car that is mate, I'm no Jimmy Saville :)

Edited by Sheefa (see edit history)

Totally agree on above. Chris only had good things to say about Bosch and their overall quality, tried and tested. Running dual pumps is a risk too surely unless you can actively monitor them in case one of them goes on the blink. Then again Syvecs I suppose will pick ups any lean running.

Adam - only just read this entire thread mate. I knew your car was stunning seeing it at Dynodaze, but great transformation and some lovely future proofing too bud. The HKS TI rocks doesn't it!:) A credit to you mate and of course Lee P. God perhaps I should rethink America and have my Twins installed!

Look forward to having a play with you on Dragonball - the car that is mate, I'm no Jimmy Saville :)

Yeah the syvecs will monitor it all, and if there are any issues it will react to save the the engine :)

Cheers Greg :D Yep the HKS Ti (I blame Lee for the purchase lol) really is a nice exhaust and is quite loud (and I'm only on the stock twins atm lol, with the single on I'll go deaf lol). I think you should fit the turbo's dude, will be a very nice setup!

The build won't be done by dragonball but the syvecs will hopefully be in so it should really maximise the twin setup so your on! Think your safe about being Jimmy Saville I'm over 18... :innocent:

Looking Good :D

Cheers! Hows the corsa ;)

A great read Adam, looking forward to seeing more! I must say your Active Spoiler is gonna look great on my car! :p

Hopefully it will be fitted soon, mind you i have some interesting wiring to do as i am missing the internal wiring loom. Lol.

Cheers dude, ha look forward to seeing it on Dragonball lol, ahh will interesting to know how your doing the loom