The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another uk spec gone to supra heaven and a word of warning to young drivers........

fat_controller

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm now 19 and I use my NA daily, but because I love my car and know how hard these cars can bite, I treat it with the respect it needs. I took it on a track day not long after owning it so that I could learn about the cars characteristics and limits and that's where the hooning stayed for me. I feel privileged in the fact I've served in the army, saved up and brought the car I always wanted so I don't want to bend it:)

When I was younger I was lucky enough to be constantly driving powerful rwd cars on track and road, hillclimb 4wd stuff and formula ford, spent 3 months a year at green hell and raced old Griffith's

But at 19/20 age bracket I had a silly head, too much show off and lack of respect, I was just lucky I had all my major misshaps on the track

Maturity / experience / respect usually come with a bit of age (37) I feel old

I disagree with saying young drivers are bad, its not the age that makes them crash i know of a few young drivers including Josh and have never had a close incident.

Myself im now on my 3rd supra, First was a UKTT6 that i crashed at Nurburgring and then a j spec on the motorway on ice.

Its a shame that another uk car has gone but its unfair to say young drivers are to blame, any1 of us can crash when you least expect it as like you say these cars really are widow makers. Just my opinion.

I disagree with saying young drivers are bad, its not the age that makes them crash i know of a few young drivers including Josh and have never had a close incident.

Myself im now on my 3rd supra, First was a UKTT6 that i crashed at Nurburgring and then a j spec on the motorway on ice.

Its a shame that another uk car has gone but its unfair to say young drivers are to blame, any1 of us can crash when you least expect it as like you say these cars really are widow makers. Just my opinion.

and I bet you were not hooning it of course :D

didnt your bro wrap Josh's UK Spec as well ;)

OMG!!! What were the mods? :p

Had a chip for the ecu I got off ebay for £20 and some halfords special alloys and ripspeed steering wheel. I rekon the alloys gave it an extra 50bhp because they said they were lighter. So was probably 650bhp to be honest at the wheels as well.

The only way you become a true good driver is pushing the boundarys, just sometimes you come unstuck, end of day you learn from your mistakes. yes when your young you can be hot headed.

They say older drivers are better, but you dont see many old formula 1 drivers lol

Was my old supra, used it to go to solihull on a wintery night and hit some ice changing lanes.

As you can see the car didnt come out of it too well but saved my life so not all bad lol.

What you have to realise about me and others who do racing - ring trips - trackdays sooner or later its going to happen and when it does its not normally alittle tap or scratch as we use our cars for what they were made for and not washing down and looking at.

Both me and num have a trackday at oulton park on the 9th november and maybe we will all drive home or might be on a AA truck lol, but thats racing for ya.

That video just talks such a load of Bo****ks.

Seems fairly straight forward to me, driver of the Supra overtakes a family down a slip road, crosses lanes of motorway and loses the back end. If it's cold enough for ice on the roads you drive accordingly, you lower your speed and anticipate you could lose traction *especially* if you are crossing lanes. Simple driver error, he was very lucky it was only the Supra that was wrecked and not his own and others lives.

I rolled a car 4 times when I was 19 - I was extremely lucky not to have killed my friend, any other driver or myself - no one else to blame it was totally my own fault, I was young and driving like a d*ck on a country lane.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

Seems fairly straight forward to me, driver of the Supra overtakes a family down a slip road, crosses lanes of motorway and loses the back end. If it's cold enough for ice on the roads you drive accordingly, you lower your speed and anticipate you could lose traction *especially* if you are crossing lanes of traffic. Simple driver error, he was very lucky it was only the Supra that was wrecked and not his own and others lives.

I rolled a car 4 times when I was 19 - I was extremely lucky not to have killed my friend, any other driver or myself - no one else to blame it was totally my own fault, I was young and driving like a d*ck on a country lane.

I was more referring to the comments made by the bib e.g. the car belonging on track and shouldn't be used on the road